Squad Ins and Outs Discussion

21 minutes ago, B1872 said:

That’s where I’m saying have 16/17 first team players fighting for the first team then have the kids.

The kids need a chance as well or we’ll just end up bringing in the same rotten 3/4th choice players.

Plus I’m sure Kevin Thomson was saying Patterson was very similar talent wise to Gilmour. 

Boy deserves a chance. 👍🏻

That's not enough first team players. 

I'm sorry but my motto is that the youth are shite until proven otherwise. The fact is we haven't produced a youth player good enough for the first team in a decade, other than MacLeod which was in lower divisions. Ross McCrorie made it into a worse team but can't make it in now. Even Ness and McCabe went on to have nothing careers. 

Also Patterson is not similar talent wise to Gilmour. They are the same age and Gilmour is established in the Chelsea first team while Patterson has played once against Stranraer.

magic8ball and graeme_4 like this
  • Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Halliday is one of the few players in recent years that I’d genuinely wish good luck to. Went through a lot of shite and never chucked it. Heart was in the right place in every possible way.

There’s a generation of fans who instead of saying “Remember when we won the league at Rugby Park?” Or “Mind we won the League Cup with 9 men?” will be saying “Remember Ejaria’s goal against Ufa?” and

Hopefully. Guy’s a donkey. No idea why he gets talked up so much. 

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, B1872 said:

That’s where I’m saying have 16/17 first team players fighting for the first team then have the kids.

The kids need a chance as well or we’ll just end up bringing in the same rotten 3/4th choice players.

Plus I’m sure Kevin Thomson was saying Patterson was very similar talent wise to Gilmour. 

Boy deserves a chance. 👍🏻

Paterson was likened to Gilmour? Different positions, different styles, did he mean potential or football attributes or what?

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

Would be a title winning signing for us IMO. Great player, and exactly what we need if he was fit. 

Never happening though.

Hasn’t been too prolific with Southampton but then again he is playing in the EPL.

Can’t see it myself either though.

Galatasaray have joined the race to sign Charlton and Montserrat international striker Lyle Taylor, 30, who says he will not play for the club again as his contract expires this summer. (Mail)

Matty Longstaff is out of contract at the end of the month, and as he is under 20 Newcastle Utd will only be due £400k in compensation. We should be all over that. 

falkirkNS likes this
8 minutes ago, STEVEH said:

Matty Longstaff is out of contract at the end of the month, and as he is under 20 Newcastle Utd will only be due £400k in compensation. We should be all over that. 

Supposedly being offered 30k a week, would be our highest paid player. Decent player tho 

2 minutes ago, chris182 said:

Supposedly being offered 30k a week, would be our highest paid player. Decent player tho 

Udinese have reportedly offered a £30k a week, 5 year deal. Sounds like a story planted by his agent to prompt Newcastle to pull their finger out and up their contract offer, but if he genuinely wants out then I would like to see us go for him. Good player who would add a bit of bite to our midfield and he can play.

I like Kamberi and wouldn't be against us signing him, however, considering Defoes age he will likely be 3rd choice striker next season and as we only require 3 strikers we will probably need a higher quality back up for Morelos (if he stays) than Kamberi.

I can see us going for a similar type to Morelos who can play the lone role and hold the ball up, wouldn't be surprised to see us go back in for one of those French strikers as they seemed to fit the bill.

4 hours ago, STEVEH said:

Udinese have reportedly offered a £30k a week, 5 year deal. Sounds like a story planted by his agent to prompt Newcastle to pull their finger out and up their contract offer, but if he genuinely wants out then I would like to see us go for him. Good player who would add a bit of bite to our midfield and he can play.

Does he have a bit of steel about him? Think our midfield misses bite. 

2 hours ago, The Monk said:

I like Kamberi and wouldn't be against us signing him, however, considering Defoes age he will likely be 3rd choice striker next season and as we only require 3 strikers we will probably need a higher quality back up for Morelos (if he stays) than Kamberi.

I can see us going for a similar type to Morelos who can play the lone role and hold the ball up, wouldn't be surprised to see us go back in for one of those French strikers as they seemed to fit the bill.

I like Kamberi as well  but problem will be that we will need to play him in the centre to get the best out of him.

If Buff stays would his ego allow him to be moved to a role more akin to that played by Sadio Manè at Liverpool , doubtful as it has repeatedly been shown Freddo doesn't play well with others sadly.

What do people think about this Peruvian lad Tapia , seem to remember him having a decent game against us ?

2 hours ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Does he have a bit of steel about him? Think our midfield misses bite. 

His brother Sean is the better player, Mattys only made a few appearances and is only on £850p/w currently. 

One of the guys I work with in Tynemouth plays golf with both brothers. Theyre cousins of Alan Thompson

On 02/06/2020 at 14:51, Broxi said:

That's not enough first team players. 

I'm sorry but my motto is that the youth are shite until proven otherwise. The fact is we haven't produced a youth player good enough for the first team in a decade, other than MacLeod which was in lower divisions. Ross McCrorie made it into a worse team but can't make it in now. Even Ness and McCabe went on to have nothing careers. 

Also Patterson is not similar talent wise to Gilmour. They are the same age and Gilmour is established in the Chelsea first team while Patterson has played once against Stranraer.

is that you Walter? 

19 minutes ago, Gid said:

is that you Walter? 

Name one youth player who has genuinely been good enough to play for Rangers at this level in the last 10 years

14 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Not really the point you were making though was it? 

I think you'll find that it was

We have not produced a single player in the last 10 years who has made a good enough contribution to the first team and should therefore not be relying on the ones currently in the youth setup to be within the core players of the squad.

Billy Gilmour was not good enough/ready to be in our first team at the time that he was here either. We therefore did not produce a youth player capable to play in our team to a high enough standard. Because we failed to actually produce him. And while he was actually a Rangers player he was not ready to be in the first team.

9 minutes ago, Broxi said:

I think you'll find that it was

We have not produced a single player in the last 10 years who has made a good enough contribution to the first team and should therefore not be relying on the ones currently in the youth setup to be within the core players of the squad.

Billy Gilmour was not good enough/ready to be in our first team at the time that he was here either. We therefore did not produce a youth player capable to play in our team to a high enough standard. Because we failed to actually produce him. And while he was actually a Rangers player he was not ready to be in the first team.

He was 15 when he left.

Laudrup1690 and HuistraHairDo like this
16 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

He was 15 when he left.

Exactly. Nowhere near our first team. As I said. Which is my point.

Our best youthful hope in a decade was a 15 year old who Chelsea snapped up easily. Yet people want to have 8 first team players in the squad be youth players in the season to stop 10 in a row. 

16 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Exactly. Nowhere near our first team. As I said. Which is my point.

Our best youthful hope in a decade was a 15 year old who Chelsea snapped up easily. Yet people want to have 8 first team players in the squad be youth players in the season to stop 10 in a row. 

He’d have got a run out at some point when 16 and signed professional contract.