Squad Ins and Outs Discussion

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Bluekev said:

We've still got Andy Firth too.

Aye that's his name. Knew we had a lanky streak of piss for a 3rd choice. A club like us shouldn't need a fucking 3rd choice gk wasting a wage. Just register a youth player. McGregor and McCrorie are sufficient.

17 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Feel sad to lose Halliday. Yes he doesn't have the ability to start week in week out but at least he gave a damn and would give blood, sweat and tears for the shirt. Always think a team should have 1 or 2 guys that get it.

The others won't be missed. They show that buying in squad fillers never work out.

So that's what it takes to play for Rangers - plenty of guys in the Ibrox stands  fit the bill then. 

Just now, Lord Lockin said:

So that's what it takes to play for Rangers - plenty of guys in the Ibrox stands  fit the bill then. 

You can't say the guy had zero talent like guys in the stand too. He could play, not to a fantastic standard, but he could play. Anybody who thinks he was just as good as anyone that could be picked from the stands is being negative for negatives sake.

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

So you dont know factually you just presented your opinion and response that way 😂

Both loans have ended. Factually true.

If Gerrard and Wilson decide to pick these guys up on a loan again or permanent deal as an answer then we are fucked.

Just now, esquire8 said:

You can't say the guy had zero talent like guys in the stand too. He could play, not to a fantastic standard, but he could play. Anybody who thinks he was just as good as anyone that could be picked from the stands is being negative for negatives sake.

Any praise for Andy on here doesnt go down well. Not the greatest player but had heart and knows what it means to play for the club , unlike the rest of this shower of shite.......

I think that Kamberi has got a bit about him as long as he is played in his preferred position of  centre forward.

Canny lea e the lad on the bench and expect him to click first time out with the rest of the team.

Oh aye , yes ye can we've done it loads, rarely works though

6 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Any praise for Andy on here doesnt go down well. Not the greatest player but had heart and knows what it means to play for the club , unlike the rest of this shower of shite.......

If he knew what it meant he'd still be here. Was absolutely useless. 

9 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Both loans have ended. Factually true.

If Gerrard and Wilson decide to pick these guys up on a loan again or permanent deal as an answer then we are fucked.

Your opinion I'd have thought. When we say weve signed someone til the end of the season, I'd imagine the contract has an end date rather than terminates "at end of the season". Theres every chance we are still contractually paying both, in fact its probable imo.  I'd hope Rangers would thank them at the end of their contracts for their efforts, they havent yet, which also makes me think it's not yet at that stage.   The permanent players contracts havent yet ended even though the season has, weve said they will leave at the end of contracts. 👍

When it does come, I'll be happy enough as I say if both loanees go.

Just now, King Jela said:

If he knew what it meant he'd still be here. Was absolutely useless. 

Like I said he got fuck all praise on here even when he had a good run of games , getting the credit he deserved on the other forum I see.

4 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

I think that Kamberi has got a bit about him as long as he is played in his preferred position of  centre forward.

Canny lea e the lad on the bench and expect him to click first time out with the rest of the team.

Oh aye , yes ye can we've done it loads, rarely works though

Ran about when the rest had chucked it mate , nowhere near good enough 

50 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

Get rid of doesn’t mean release for nothing ya dafty, I still wouldn’t be gutted if any of them were moved on for their value.

Ok, fair play on that, 
You never specified getting rid of, by meaning selling, but even then, I’d bet it’ll cost more to replace they 2 than we would recoup from selling.

Of the 6 players released today Flanagan was probably the most useful. I know that's an unpopular opinion on here though for a number of reasons but it's true.

Halliday was nowhere near good enough to play for us. He's made out to be much better than he is because he's one of us and we all wanted him to succeed which is fair enough but he wouldn't be a regular starter anywhere else in our league either IMO. He'll go back to the Scottish Championship or League 1/2 in England and I wish him all the best when he does.

Holt is pretty much in the same boat, decent in the Championship but miles off it in the top flight. Only featured in just over half of St Johnstone's games and will probably end up dropping down to the same level as predicted for Halliday.

Rossiter should have been released long ago. Made of pringles.

Alnwick and Foderingham? Both equally below average keepers who can consider themselves fortunate to be able to tell people they played for us when they are retired and have the luxury of listing us in amongst the Swindon, Scunthorpe, Leyton Orient, Salford City type clubs they're destined to see their careers out with.

For the record, this isn't a ringing endorsement for Flanagan. He wasn't good enough either. Done a fairly average job when called upon and had more than his fair share of mistakes. Always good for a meaty challenge though and better than the other 5 going out the door with him.

7 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Of the 6 players released today Flanagan was probably the most useful. I know that's an unpopular opinion on here though for a number of reasons but it's true.

Halliday was nowhere near good enough to play for us. He's made out to be much better than he is because he's one of us and we all wanted him to succeed which is fair enough but he wouldn't be a regular starter anywhere else in our league either IMO. He'll go back to the Scottish Championship or League 1/2 in England and I wish him all the best when he does.

Holt is pretty much in the same boat, decent in the Championship but miles off it in the top flight. Only featured in just over half of St Johnstone's games and will probably end up dropping down to the same level as predicted for Halliday.

Rossiter should have been released long ago. Made of pringles.

Alnwick and Foderingham? Both equally below average keepers who can consider themselves fortunate to be able to tell people they played for us when they are retired and have the luxury of listing us in amongst the Swindon, Scunthorpe, Leyton Orient, Salford City type clubs they're destined to see their careers out with.

For the record, this isn't a ringing endorsement for Flanagan. He wasn't good enough either. Done a fairly average job when called upon and had more than his fair share of mistakes. Always good for a meaty challenge though and better than the other 5 going out the door with him.

Considering Halliday showed he was better than Flanagan you should retract that statement.

Also, Holt spent a while at us through injury did he not?

4 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Good news. 

Think we will need to sign some cover for LB now though. Patterson will presumably be understudy to Tav next year 

Lol.

You’re forgetting we have a great player in Matt Polster

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Considering Halliday showed he was better than Flanagan you should retract that statement.

Also, Holt spent a while at us through injury did he not?

Lol.

You’re forgetting we have a great player in Matt Polster

Firstly, no.

Secondly, he might well have done but looking at the dates on the games he actually played for St Johnstone it would suggest he was in and out of the team quite a bit anyway.

Archived