Squad Ins and Outs Discussion

42 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Stephen Kelly, on loan at Ayr. Meant to have impressed there and when he was in our reserves.

Ah - thought we were talking goalies!🙈
Is Stephen likely to be a bit short of what’s needed yet?

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Considering Halliday showed he was better than Flanagan you should retract that statement.

Also, Holt spent a while at us through injury did he not?

Lol.

You’re forgetting we have a great player in Matt Polster

Maybe an unpopular opinion but I actually like Polster 😂. Not as a right back though 

Just now, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Firstly, no.

Secondly, he might well have done but looking at the dates on the games he actually played for St Johnstone it would suggest he was in and out of the team quite a bit anyway.

I’m taking this as a fishing expedition from you so I’ll go no further. Goodbye x

5 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Think itll be pretty unlikely to move on any contracted players we want moved on, cant see there being much of a market out there this summer.

Think it will be alot of loan moves. Clubs can pay the wages but not a transfer fee.

Wouldn’t mind us picking up Hladky from St. Mirren as our new backup keeper. His contract ends this month and he’s under thirty. Was arguably the third best keeper in the SPL this season and could still improve.

Just now, rangersross said:

Wouldn’t mind us picking up Hladky from St. Mirren as our new backup keeper. His contract ends this month and he’s under thirty. Was arguably the third best keeper in the SPL this season and could still improve.

We have been linked as well - possibly agent talk - but I also think he's worth picking up.

Free transfer and one of the league's better players in a position we need back-up for. Very sensible choice.

2 minutes ago, rangersross said:

How did he do in the SFL Premier Division the season before? :pipe:

Apologies. Shite joke....

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Time will tell, but if he does find a place in the squad we still need much more quality added in midfield too.

Very much so👍

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Time will tell, but if he does find a place in the squad we still need much more quality added in midfield too.

He did take the piss out of the Championship. Best player in it by far. Even against the hammer throwers. Can he make the grade for us? Not too sure.

3 minutes ago, rangersross said:

Good keeper, not so sure he would accept a back-up role.

I would be closely watching McGregor for signs of aging. He can't last forever. We defo need someone, tough to say what Firth is?

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I would be closely watching McGregor for signs of aging. He can't last forever. We defo need someone, tough to say what Firth is?

I don't know what to say about Firth other than, even if McGregor retired tomorrow and all we were left with was Robby McCrorie and Andy Firth, I'd still see Firth as 3rd choice.

6 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Sure there was an interview with Firth where he stated he'd been 3rd choice at a few clubs and it's a role he is comfortable with.  No very ambitious but at least he wouldn't be rocking the boat about it and knows his place. 👍

10 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Everyone over social media greetin' over Andy Halliday leaving are a part of the problem IMO. 

Far too loyal to sub-standard players and managers. The supporters collective expectation is horrendous.  

Tbh I’d rather they cry over him that Cummings or cunts like Weiss and McBurnie. 

2 minutes ago, Escobar said:

Tbh I’d rather they cry over him that Cummings or cunts like Weiss and McBurnie. 

Aye that's fair enough.

Just never understood why people get so emotional/defensive over sub-standard players and managers or whatever that we need better on. 

Maybe I'm some sort of heartless cunt, but sooner we upgrade on all these folk the better.

2 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Aye that's fair enough.

Just never understood why people get so emotional/defensive over sub-standard players and managers or whatever that we need better on. 

Maybe I'm some sort of heartless cunt, but sooner we upgrade on all these folk the better.

Agreed, we do need better to win the league. But more importantly we need the manager to learn from his many many mistakes or we could sign Messi and it wouldn’t mean fuck all.

Archived