Season Ticket Refunds 2019/20

Noticed in the news today that they are offering their fans refunds for the end of season games - interesting to see if this sets a precedent and what we will do, or whether the £25 voucher offer is all that is going to be provided as comp for the missed games. With prize money out, would expect to see other clubs make statements.

In some way probably smart by them as it will likely cause us more of a financial issue than them and they will be relying on a feeling of goodwill with their tainted title and hoping very few ask for money back.

Could see the whole MyGers thing backfiring on the club, if fans take money back (if it's offered) to then spend on that membership??

Rangers are giving nobody money back mate, the exact opposite they are trying to drain as much from our coffers as possible. 

Doubt anything any other clubs do will change the thinking of our board.

Its pay up or get to the back of the queue. 

Was it not stated recently that under the terms and conditions we weren’t entitled to a refund,I’m lucky that I’m still working and wouldn’t have wanted the money back and have renewed for next season but surely the club can’t expect us to miss somewhere in the region of a third of home games if it’s behind closed doors and then just give us another voucher.

Will be interesting to see if it's taken out the clubs hands?

The issue for me is more about the season coming and what precedent is set - could easily see half a dozen games behind closed doors. So how we respond to this season, will likely be an indication of how the club will respond going forward.

9 minutes ago, TartanTeddy said:

Will be interesting to see if it's taken out the clubs hands?

The issue for me is more about the season coming and what precedent is set - could easily see half a dozen games behind closed doors. So how we respond to this season, will likely be an indication of how the club will respond going forward.

I think we can all agree that badly will be how the club respond to this!

42 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

They won’t offer anything back.

and quite frankly your a dick if you would even consider it. 

Next season though is another kettle of fish

That’s the thing that’s bothering me. I’m fine with not getting a refund for the few home games that were left.

But what happens if next season starts then can’t be finished or needs to be played behind closed doors, for example if there’s a “second spike” of the virus. 

Is it going to the same where we don’t get a full refund?

The £25 voucher you can only spend on shite, is a piss-take however (IMO) it's a bit cuntish to be looking for refunds for them games. The club has already banked, accounted for and (probably) spent that money already with the clubs running costs - mainly players wages that still need paid even when there's no football on.

As Junior Soprano says, this season is a different matter. There's every chance we might not get into Ibrox until 2021.

It's a dillema tho. The club is fucked either way on this - if they take the full amount knowing fine well the fans might only get half a season it's a bit immoral, but if they don't do that and don't plan it business as usual, we could be in financial trouble or left behind the tarriers when it comes to trying to build for the new season. 

Last season the money was already spent, so not bothered, this season I will be renewing, the club needs the money, and it will have been money I was expecting to pay out.

12 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

They are offering it back for 1 reason only. 

Cos our board didn’t. They know fine the majority won’t ask for a refund but it’s ultimately a publicity stunt.

Other clubs like Hearts,Hibs,Aberdeen,Motherwell are offering refunds albeit asking fans not to claim. It was reported that most clubs including celtic had this in their terms.We were quoted as the exception and I doubt if we have changed our terms so no refund next season even if all games are closed doors. 

I'm taking it and buying 3 My Gers memberships for myself, apparently that gets you special secret access to tickets for Old Firm cup finals - plus an extra special exclusive super staunch scarf and badge set!! :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, docspiderman said:

Other clubs like Hearts,Hibs,Aberdeen,Motherwell are offering refunds albeit asking fans not to claim. It was reported that most clubs including celtic had this in their terms.We were quoted as the exception and I doubt if we have changed our terms so no refund next season even if all games are closed doors. 

Good. 

The club should have an open bank account too where people can just donate what they want whenever they want.

3 hours ago, TartanTeddy said:

I'm taking it and buying 3 My Gers memberships for myself, apparently that gets you special secret access to tickets for Old Firm cup finals - plus an extra special exclusive super staunch scarf and badge set!! :thumbsup:

Why don't you just leave the refund,sand buy 3 mygers things?

Hi can anyone put me in touch with the slo. I’ve just received an email from Rangers telling me I’ve purchased my season ticket in one payment. I had chosen to pay by monthly instalments starting on the 29/5, I tried phoning but just get all lines are closed. I’ve sent an email to the webmail address but am concerned that this will take the usual weeks to reply. 
thanks in advance 

1 minute ago, RAFREG said:

Hi can anyone put me in touch with the slo. I’ve just received an email from Rangers telling me I’ve purchased my season ticket in one payment. I had chosen to pay by monthly instalments starting on the 29/5, I tried phoning but just get all lines are closed. I’ve sent an email to the webmail address but am concerned that this will take the usual weeks to reply. 
thanks in advance 

@Louden_Greg

52 minutes ago, RAFREG said:

thanks in advance 

Ffs. That’s brutal

20 hours ago, TartanTeddy said:

Could see the whole MyGers thing backfiring on the club, if fans take money back (if it's offered) to then spend on that membership??

The MyGers is an utter farce and just extortion. No fucking way am I paying a fee to get a few away tickets a year. 

As for charging fans to join a waiting list - it's absolutely shameful and embarrassing. 

14 hours ago, Dickie said:

I think Rangers should have offered a refund knowing we wouldn’t take it,the £25 voucher is a fucking joke.

Unfortunately we would have had lots of people wanting money back. Given the Covid situation, home and bills comes first. We could have ended up paying out quite a bit.

We aren't made of money so i understand why we didn't go down this route. It no doubt pisses off the fans.

1 hour ago, RAFREG said:

thanks in advance 

He is on twitter mate. You can direct message him.

Archived