Plans to convert Albion Car Park !!

Bears r us

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Paisley Blue Loyal said:

Hopefully you are right but I'm not so sure, Nice shiny expensive new apartments with no doubt some of the mock offended living in them then add into the mix 50,000 mostly bears in the vicinity on match days, What could go wrong.

New flats built on other side of Broomloan Rd and no problem there.

3 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

Is there not a law that states that any new developments must include social and affordable housing?

As an aside, those flats would be a brilliant investment as buy to lets or Air B&B's.

You never see £80k flats mixed in with £500k houses so it can't be every development.      I'm not suggesting any prices for these flats here , before anyone starts off.

59 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I only noticed this in another thread, it is on the car park site so no idea where all that vehicles will go IF it ever happens. I assume Rangers own all that land??

Without reading the rest of the thread from this point, was it not supposed to be a legal requirement for building the club deck we had sufficient parking at the Albion to accommodate it ?  I’ve never actually known the ins and outs of this for fact but I’ve always been reluctant to accept it as fact, purely from not knowing any other stadium UK wide that needs to supply a fucking car park to stay open. 

19 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Apparently the reason it’s such a fuck up is because it stops any main increase to capacity. 

Although we need the club to come out and clarify the situation and reasoning behind the sale.

Cant still be the case mate. Them and the SRU have bigger grounds than us with less car parking space

2 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Without reading the rest of the thread from this point, was it not supposed to be a legal requirement for building the club deck we had sufficient parking at the Albion to accommodate it ?  I’ve never actually known the ins and outs of this for fact but I’ve always been reluctant to accept it as fact, purely from not knowing any other stadium UK wide that needs to supply a fucking car park to stay open. 

Good luck to Chelsea trying to build a car park in central London.

10 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

Is there not a law that states that any new developments must include social and affordable housing?

As an aside, those flats would be a brilliant investment as buy to lets or Air B&B's.

Yes mate, since 2016 every development that has more than 50 plots must supply 5% housing stock for social housing, you could buy a plot pre build only for what you thought was a 4 bed next door to end up a row of flats gifted to GHA and GCC put homeless cases in. 

Just now, JCDBigBear said:

New flats built on other side of Broomloan Rd and no problem there.

Like I say hopefully you are right and only time will tell I suppose but if Rangers can get bad press over someone kicking over a fucking sandcastle then I for one certainly don't see it being too much of a stretch to get even more bad press over someone being over exuberant shall we say outside a swanky new development pretty much on our doorstep, Just my opinion, Each to their own.

4 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Sure it was early 90's mate. Not so sure about now. You just have to look at them across the city. And the SRU have bigger grounds than us with less car parking

1 minute ago, Malvern said:

Good luck to Chelsea trying to build a car park in central London.

That’s my point mate. I can’t actually think of any other ground I’ve ever been to that offers parking on the scale of the Albion 

1 hour ago, Paisley Blue Loyal said:

Not sure who owns the land mate but I'd bet my last pound that if or rather when these plans get the go ahead it will be to the disadvantage of Rangers.

Rangers own the land.    SDM sold it off years ago then we had to buy it back same with Edmiston House.

5 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

I have heard that at some point but had forgot about it.  I assume it is either expired or never was case. 

2 minutes ago, lewislaudrup said:

Sure it was early 90's mate. Not so sure about now. You just have to look at them across the city. And the SRU have bigger grounds than us with less car parking

It was mate, it’s a thing I remember from that era but never understood. There’s no logical explanation to demanding a 5000 plot car park in relation to extending a stand, I said before I can’t think of anywhere in the UK with similar but in fairness I can’t think of any other stadiums in Europe either. Most grounds especially older ones are in the middle of city’s or populated areas, new ones unfortunately in England anyway are pushed out into bleak industrial spots with no soul. Neither has to supply parking ha ha 

15 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Rangers own the land.    SDM sold it off years ago then we had to buy it back same with Edmiston House.

He sold it to Premier Property Group for under market value and then rented it back to us for car parking.

Guess who owned PPG - yes cunt face Murray, the root of all our problems

32 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Get the local bus or if local walk or public transport, get in the boozer and leave the motor where it should be 

With a 5yr old it would be a nightmare with the time buses leave at, he would be bored before the game started. Then there is midweek games, wouldn't be back till midnight at the earliest on the bus.

41 minutes ago, j1mgg said:

With a 5yr old it would be a nightmare with the time buses leave at, he would be bored before the game started. Then there is midweek games, wouldn't be back till midnight at the earliest on the bus.

Fair enough bud, I’ve never had a wean in toe, I’m lucky to be in Clydebank the last 10 years so I’m at Ibrox within 20 minutes but had 30 years travelling from down south so I know everyone has different circumstances mate it wasn’t a dig. Just honestly wish those that could would support the local bus more these days, so many struggling and it’s a shame. 
still never drove though ha ha. Glad your wee man gets to the game though, must be a great feeling for you 

Archived