Plans to convert Albion Car Park !!

Bears r us

5 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I have a negative opinion of CH that will probably never leave me but he has been given a job like a few others and I have to live with that. 

A job outwith his expertise that he should never have been near although truth be told I don't really know exactly what he does

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, gj923 said:

A job outwith his expertise that he should never have been near although truth be told I don't really know exactly what he does

Exactly mate. 

I thought it was something to do with security, but I have no idea if true.  

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

Yesterday.

I'd take it over what they've done there every day of the week. Needs Needs improving, but has far more potential to be gotten right.

Not saying it will be gotten right, but the area around CP has had it's grave dug. Will look shite for decades, whereas Ibrox still at least has some pleasant bits within sight of the ground and potential to be improved.

There was a thread similar to this last year & it got me curious to see if cp  was in fact as thriving & impressive as some on here were suggesting.  

Cycled over & needless to say it was a wholly unfortunate experience.   

Cycling home I was relieved & heartened to know that that place is truly grim with little or no chance of ever being anything different.  

Our stadium desperately needs some TLC.  

The paving, roads & lighting require upgrading to the kind of standard the listed building Main Stand deserves.  

Hopefully these will be on the agenda for 2022.  

2 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

It’s a car park ffs.

It's not even that. More like a derelict piece of land that we park cars on.  It is an eyesore. There is a shortage of housing in Glasgow so building quality homes in the area will help improve Govan. 

I dare say the Club has sold it for a decent price too. This will bring us in more money than an infrequently used car park. 

12 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

The plans look pretty good.   These flats will improve the area.   They are not going to be social housing.

I hope they're better than the new ones on Broomloan Rd , they're an eyesore , a step back in time . 

A concrete jungle circa East Berlin in the 1960's . 

11 hours ago, Billythebear77 said:

2815DB92-5396-4A31-B96F-F26F5884F101.png

BF7B86D5-8596-4065-95FE-0C9A385F8A63.png

D5728E43-DF48-4912-92C9-5D23158AB26E.png

8ADC1EB5-69CF-4F8A-B402-862B3D077FB9.png

That looks horrible . 

Maybe im seeing it wrong , but the height of that completely hides Ibrox Stadium . Its almost as if we're not there . 

9 minutes ago, gmcf said:

That looks horrible . 

Maybe im seeing it wrong , but the height of that completely hides Ibrox Stadium . Its almost as if we're not there . 

Part of the intention will be to start blocking us in and reduce the visibility of our main stand. 

Wouldn't be surprised if GCC sold the astroturf area to build more flats. 

12 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

You never see £80k flats mixed in with £500k houses so it can't be every development.      I'm not suggesting any prices for these flats here , before anyone starts off.

There will still an element of social housing handed over to GCC as part of any planning deal . I work for East Dunbartonshire council and we have flats in developments with 400k houses within them .

2 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I’ve no particular problem with the building looks a 100 times better than those new flats. 
Problem I have is the inconsistency of GCC, they have been trying to push these new parking restrictions through for a few years because homes and football grounds don’t mix according to them, but continue to allow the building of homes right up to our front door. How long before the people in these flats start complaining about a match day. 

But have you noticed how over the years the houses around celtic park got pulled down, cleared by the council for them to buy it on the cheap.

Far to close to the stadium, we should be looking to close edminson drive to traffic and have our own walk way, 

It just seems the council are doing all in their power to build houses around Ibrox these days  

2 hours ago, lgr1991 said:

One third of the car park is still being retained so hopefully they prioritize disabled parking spaces with what remains. 

Hope so👍

2 hours ago, lgr1991 said:

One third of the car park is still being retained so hopefully they prioritize disabled parking spaces with what remains. 

Hope so 👍

6 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

But have you noticed how over the years the houses around celtic park got pulled down, cleared by the council for them to buy it on the cheap.

Far to close to the stadium, we should be looking to close edminson drive to traffic and have our own walk way, 

It just seems the council are doing all in their power to build houses around Ibrox these days  

GCC literally want us, our club and our stadium hidden out of sight. 

If they could knock down our stadium they would. We are everthing they despise. 

10 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

Build houses? In a city? What horrors will they think of next?

29 minutes ago, gmcf said:

That looks horrible . 

Hides it from what mate, how often do you take a nice view of it from the car park when passing?

21 minutes ago, MoodyBlue1872 said:

Part of the intention will be to start blocking us in and reduce the visibility of our main stand. 

Wouldn't be surprised if GCC sold the astroturf area to build more flats. 

Yous are no well

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

LBH, the area around Ibrox is a ship tip, badly suffering from years of neglect and urban decay, purposely imo.

Modern does not equal bad and some will persist in using any old fucking excuse to decry it. The world has moved on. 

Agreed mate, I wasn't saying some modern development in the area should not happen, the opposite, I was advocating for it. I was referring more the newest developments around their dump. 

16 minutes ago, Dan Deacon said:

Hides it from what mate, how often do you take a nice view of it from the car park when passing?

Yeah , looking at the map it's maybe not as bad as what the top picture shows . Just have to see what it's like when it's finished . 

53 minutes ago, gmcf said:

That looks horrible . 

I'm sorry but that is just nonsense mate.   Only 4 storeys high and will only block the view if you like sitting in the current car park or work near the ugly gasometer.      The design of red brick and the upper level arched windows is to be in concert with the main stand. 

4 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

I'm sorry but that is just nonsense mate.   Only 4 storeys high and will only block the view if you like sitting in the current car park or work near the ugly gasometer.      The design of red brick and the upper level arched windows is to be in concert with the main stand. 

I'm not convinced yet , though I admit it's not as bad as the initial reaction when I saw the top picture . 

I like the Main Stand facade , and I think it should be the feature of the area without it being ' lost ' with similar buildings surrounding it  .

It does seem an improvement from the new buildings on Broomloan Rd though , I'll give them that . 

1 hour ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

It's not even that. More like a derelict piece of land that we park cars on.  It is an eyesore. There is a shortage of housing in Glasgow so building quality homes in the area will help improve Govan. 

I dare say the Club has sold it for a decent price too. This will bring us in more money than an infrequently used car park. 

It's almost as bad as that tattie howk at Livingston. 

Archived