The players.

30 minutes ago, KBOO72 said:

If Gerrard was to leave, would you still want "Stevie" Clarke on our shortlist to replace him? 

I wouldn't because he is a fenian cunt,but he is a better manager.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Copland bear said:

Shoukd our players  be volunteering  by now as a squad to  reduce their wages by 50% to help the club during this epidemic? I know they pay the extra 20% for all staff we  furlonged , but is that enough?    

Once again we fans are buying our season tickets with no idea  if we will even get to a game next season, yet we paid up in full in our thousands even after the paltry £25 voucher ( That you can't even use ito buy the new kit) the club gave us when the season came to an abrupt end.

It would be a good gesture from the squad to the club and would cement a bond with the fans who are doing all we can to support the club in such difficult  and strange times.   

Here's hoping, but the modern day footballer are far more selfish than players gone by and that is down to the amount of money clubs throw at them.

No pay cut, but get them all into Ibrox to work on making the Copland front a safe standing area. 

I really dunno tbh regards the players. 

As unpalatable as it sounds, people (including footballers and millionaires) have lifestyles and overheads relative to what they earn. 

Some might not even be good savers.

I'm not making excuses for them I just don't know if it's as easy as saying you earn 15k a week, drop to 2k topline a month like the rest of us.

I remember a story doing the rounds Wesley Schneider at Inter Milan ... he was on 200k a week and I think it was Man United after him, but was only willing to pay 180k a week and he tried to say he'd go bankrupt on 180k a week taking a 20k a week drop due to his overheads, properties, business interests, debts, outgoings etc.

It might have been shite or agent talk to get him more money but I think some folk are that over-extended it can happen.

Regards the club, I know it's seen as snidey taking the fans hard earned and we don't even know if we'll be allowed back inside Ibrox this year but I honestly don't see what alternative we have. We need money, the players still need paid, the staff still need paid, Ibrox and the training ground needs upkept and we have to rebuild the team yet again to challenge the taigs. 

3 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

I really dunno tbh regards the players. 

As unpalatable as it sounds, people (including footballers and millionaires) have lifestyles and overheads relative to what they earn. 

Some might not even be good savers.

I'm not making excuses for them I just don't know if it's as easy as saying you earn 15k a week, drop to 2k topline a month like the rest of us.

I remember a story doing the rounds Wesley Schneider at Inter Milan ... he was on 200k a week and I think it was Man United after him, but was only willing to pay 180k a week and he tried to say he'd go bankrupt on 180k a week taking a 20k a week drop due to his overheads, properties, business interests, debts, outgoings etc.

It might have been shite or agent talk to get him more money but I think some folk are that over-extended it can happen.

Regards the club, I know it's seen as snidey taking the fans hard earned and we don't even know if we'll be allowed back inside Ibrox this year but I honestly don't see what alternative we have. We need money, the players still need paid, the staff still need paid, Ibrox and the training ground needs upkept and we have to rebuild the team yet again to challenge the taigs. 

Good post. 

Archived