PL season to restart 19th june

GOAT

23 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Guys - this has been an interesting thread but it’s getting derailed with personal attacks.  Keep it on topic please.

He shouldn’t be posting his tweets in the thread. 

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, GOAT said:

I hope you sort out whatever demons you’re carrying, but you are an absolute prick of the highest order and all you do is fucking cause shite in near enough every thread you post on.  You clearly enjoy the thrill of the argument.  Now I’m setting you back to ignore, so do me a favour and don’t reply back to me.   Cheers. 👍🏻

The feelings mutual mate.

4 minutes ago, OhW said:

Not people shoudln't be lying about - or taking shots at someone's mental health. Nah, someone posted a couple of tweets (originally mentioned by other posters to use as some sort of stick to beat be with) :huh:

2 minutes ago, OhW said:

I’m genuinely not aware if there’s a rule against that - but he did it in response to other people referencing them (and exaggerating them).  

Strong opinions and debate are great imo - this thread is being derailed by personal attacks and that’s not on.

19 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I’m genuinely not aware if there’s a rule against that - but he did it in response to other people referencing them (and exaggerating them).  

Strong opinions and debate are great imo - this thread is being derailed by personal attacks and that’s not on.

I never exaggerated them pal, i don’t argue with many folk if any on here, nearly every thread he comes into ends up the same, if he’s got genuine mental health issues then fair enough, but posting pictures off himself on twitter and here is strange as fuck, As far as I’m concerned I’m taking fuk all else to do with him 👍🏻

5 hours ago, Bobby Hume said:

With a little persuasion from the SPFL executive perhaps? .........:pipe:   ....... Should have added Sherlock ..... sorry!

🇬🇧

5 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

There is zero chance in the SPFL having any influence over the Scottish Government on the timing of lockdown. Anyway, if the SPFL were arguing for anything it would be to grant them an exemption to play.

:tu:

My question was rhetorically sarcastic mate.

When Doncaster approached the government to "argue" this case .... his timing was as blatant as fuck .... he already knew that Sturgeon had conveniently extended the lockdown period ..... which stopped in it's tracks any chance of an exemption happening .... resulting in him gleefully returning to Hampden and crisply ironing the green & grey ribbons on the league trophy .... before phoning his master Lawwell to inform him ..... "Mission Accomplished".

The rest is "History" .... Fake History right enough ..... but what isn't when it applies to the scum ...... but nothing an enormous Asterisk won't fix. 

🇬🇧

7 hours ago, tannerall said:

Well, I never thought I'd care to much about Liverpool winning a league, but when they do it this time they will have my greatest respect, mainly due to the fact they behaved with dignity honour and integrity, and with no complaint or threats,  when they stood to lose a title they had coveted for 30 years. 

And I am sure the majority of decent football fans in this great country of ours would agree.

Hopefully this is what Gerrard will ram down the media’s throats!!

I have sympathy with people who have genuine mental health problems. 

However I do not have sympathy with people who go around deliberately courting and seeking attention - and then setting about it with an antagonistic approach in order to deliberately stoke argument. In that respect, any "mental health" issues are self inflicted. 

So, no. No sympathy from me whatsoever. 

5 hours ago, gazza27 said:

Are they fuck,they are doing it for one thing and one thing only and it's the money 

Of course money's a big factor, but even if it wasn't I don't think there's any chance you'd have had the PL running around all to benefit one club like we've had here

3 minutes ago, MoodyBlue1872 said:

I have sympathy with people who have genuine mental health problems. 

However I do not have sympathy with people who go around deliberately courting and seeking attention - and then setting about it with an antagonistic approach in order to deliberately stoke argument. In that respect, any "mental health" issues are self inflicted. 

So, no. No sympathy from me whatsoever. 

So my anxiety isn't genuine? Or is it self-inflicted? I'll be sure to tell my doctor that MoodyBlue1872 thinks he's wrong.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

So my anxiety isn't genuine? Or is it self-inflicted? I'll be sure to tell my doctor that MoodyBlue1872 thinks he's wrong.

You are bringing it all on yourself.  Look at your posting style and pattern on here for example! How is that helping?! 

I don't think there is anything genuine about you. 

Just now, MoodyBlue1872 said:

You are bringing it all on yourself. 

I don't think there is anything genuine about you. 

How so? By discussing the topic of the thread? Aye, clearly bringing it on myself. Although I've barely posted on here for a few weeks so how does that explain being hospitalised yesterday? It's almost as if you havent got the slightest fucking idea what youre talking about.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

How so? By discussing the topic of the thread? Aye, clearly bringing it on myself. Although I've barely posted on here for a few weeks so how does that explain being hospitalised yesterday? It's almost as if you havent got the slightest fucking idea what youre talking about.

Point proven. 

You should get some sleep. 

No what I think would be class?  To talk about why the thread was made in the first place and how this season could have been finished instead of being side tracked by certain members attention seeking.  👍🏻

so...fuck the SPFL corrupt to the fucking core.

Just now, GOAT said:

No what I think would be class?  To talk about why the thread was made in the first place and how this season could have been finished instead of being side tracked by certain members attention seeking.  👍🏻

so...fuck the SPFL corrupt to the fucking core.

You mean like I was doing before some fucking crank decided to take a shot at my mental health?

Just now, The Dude said:

You mean like I was doing before some fucking crank decided to take a shot at my mental health?

39 minutes ago, GOAT said:

I’m not your mate.  Now as I said don’t reply back to me. 

👆🏻👍🏻

To see how european nation's league, of varying sizes,  are dealing with resuming / concluding leagues here's an interesting wee update article I found 👍

League-by-league guide to the return of football around Europe

Signal Iduna Park played host to Borussia Dortmund against Schalke last weekend as the German Bundesliga became the first major European league to restart after the coronavirus shutdown.

PARIS - With Italy's Serie A on Thursday setting a date for its return from the coronavirus shutdown and the English Premier League also now agreed on when to resume, AFP Sport casts a glance at the situation for football leagues across Europe:

- Leagues restarting -

The German Bundesliga was the first major European league to return on May 16, but the Faroe Islands came back before that. Football is also being played again in Estonia, the Czech Republic and Hungary, while Belarus was the one country on the continent where it never went away during the coronavirus crisis.

On Thursday, Italy's sports minister confirmed that Serie A will return on June 20, while La Liga in Spain will resume its season in the week beginning June 8.

Here are confirmed restart dates elsewhere:

Denmark -- May 28

Poland -- May 29

Serbia, Ukraine -- May 30

Austria -- June 2

Portugal -- June 3

Slovenia -- June 5

Croatia, Greece -- June 6

Spain -- week beginning June 8

Turkey -- June 12

Norway -- June 16

Italy -- June 20

Russia -- June 21

Finland -- July 1

- Still awaiting green light -

The Premier League on Thursday announced the date of June 17 for its return, although that remains "provisional" for now, according to chief executive Richard Masters.

He admitted the date "cannot be confirmed until we have met all the safety requirements needed, as the health and welfare of all participants and supporters is our priority."

Meanwhile, the Swiss league will vote on Friday whether to give the green light for a resumption on June 20.

- Season over -

The Netherlands was the first European country to bring an early end to the season on April 24 as the Eredivisie was cancelled without a champion being crowned.

France then followed suit on April 30, ending the season with 10 rounds of matches unplayed.

The season was not voided, though, with Paris Saint-Germain confirmed as champions, European places dished out and relegation and promotion between the top two divisions maintained on a two-up, two-down basis.

Belgium also ended its season, with Club Brugge champions, after the Belgian government announced it was suspending all sporting competitions until July 31.

In Scotland the season had already been called early in the three divisions below the top flight and the Premiership followed suit on May 18, with celtic being crowned champions for the ninth year running.

Luxembourg and Cyprus also called an end to their seasons but without naming a champion

Fucking shambles we effectively ratified the end of our season in the 2nd week of April yet so many arguably more comparable nations obviously sought solutions rather than barriers and excuses.

Archived