PL season to restart 19th june

GOAT

10 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Yes. Which is why many have offered pro-rata refunds to fans for the games which will no longer happen.

Rangers' T&Cs say that if the league cancels the games then they are under no obligation to provide a refund.

Ayr United are looking at paying out c£30000 in refunds if everyone takes them up. https://ayrunitedfc.co.uk/club-update-2/

If it wasn't us and another club had that in their T&Cs I'd be interested to see the outcome if a fan challenged that in court.

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ger4life_1872 said:

So this unnamed  club were facing paying full refunds for n+v because of an incomplete season but have in their terms and conditions a stipulation that suddenly gets them out of an incomplete season as long as it's not n+v 

Theres no unnamed club. You're conflating three different things. 

Just now, ger4life_1872 said:

I'm gonna start buying a train ticket for further away than I need then claim a refund for only completing 80% of the journey 

So Season tickets include games which aren't fulfilled every year? 

To continue your train ticket analogy, if you bought one from Edinburgh to Glasgow but had to get off in Cumbernauld, you'd be entitled to a partial refund. 

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

Funny how I'm getting a £35 odd refund from them each month for Sky Sports and BT...

Because they've lost almost all their live content they are paying a goodwill to customers to stop them cancelling their sports packages. Sky haven't breached their contract with you. 

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

To continue your train ticket analogy, if you bought one from Edinburgh to Glasgow but had to get off in Cumbernauld, you'd be entitled to a partial refund. 

Funny enough you claiming something I've not said , that's a new habit you have ,

2 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Cool so you have a copy of their terms and conditions that state n+v equates refunds , but league being finished early doesn't?

No. Falkirk's chairman confirmed it to me. I'm more than happy to take him at face value

8 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Sorry to but in and be pedantic, but train fare refunds like that are an explicit statutory right found within the Consumer Rights Act. Not getting all the games of a football ST is, as you know, a grey area.

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Sorry to but in and be pedantic, but train fare refunds like that are an explicit statutory right found within the Consumer Rights Act. Not getting all the games of a football ST is, as you know, a grey area.

True, but I believe that mainly comes down to the fact that trains are operated on behalf of the government through various franchises. Although I was more just using trains to continue to analogy used originally than to compare the specific legalities and consumer rights.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Then we have a whole different set of problems arising with the new Sky deal which takes effect from August 1st. If we 'restarted 19/20' in August would Sky have exclusive rights or would BT still be entitled to broadcast games?

I haven’t seen the contracts so couldn’t say.  

In simple terms Sky have the rights to 20/21 whenever it starts I would imagine.  Likewise any games played under 19/20 come under the rights of the respective contract.  A contract can still be fulfilled in a different time frame to that originally agreed if both parties agree.  I don’t see a problem there either.

Currently, the SPFL could well have a problem though as they decided to end the 19/20 season, and have not fulfilled the contract.  

SFA are asking FIFA if they can postpone transfer window which is due to open on June 10th.  Hmm.... Scottish Cup comes to mind.....

and some people actually think the spfl & sfa are different. They are both working for one club and one club only.

7 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

SFA are asking FIFA if they can postpone transfer window which is due to open on June 10th.  Hmm.... Scottish Cup comes to mind.....

and some people actually think the spfl & sfa are different. They are both working for one club and one club only.

Where you seeing that?

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Where you seeing that?

I read it on twitter. Maybe its rubbish.

“I am writing to advise you that the Scottish Football Association in conjunction with the Scottish Professional Football League and the Scottish Football Joint Response Group, Regulation Sub group has written to FIFA formally requesting a postponement of the opening of the summer Registration Period/Transfer Window which is at present scheduled to open on 10 June 2020.
The request to FIFA is made having regard to the circumstances resulting from the pandemic and related government public health regulation and its impact on football.“

Just now, bluenoz said:

I read it on twitter. Maybe its rubbish.

“I am writing to advise you that the Scottish Football Association in conjunction with the Scottish Professional Football League and the Scottish Football Joint Response Group, Regulation Sub group has written to FIFA formally requesting a postponement of the opening of the summer Registration Period/Transfer Window which is at present scheduled to open on 10 June 2020.
The request to FIFA is made having regard to the circumstances resulting from the pandemic and related government public health regulation and its impact on football.“

Do you know who has tweeted it?

Just now, bluenoz said:

no, can't find it now. No-one else reporting it so maybe It's not accurate.

Cheers. Tbh, I know there has been suggestions from some leagues about delaying it (if they are restarting their season) but hadn't heard any suggestion it would be happening up here. I'm not actually sure it would really make much odds anyway as I don't see many clubs (if any) making actual transfers - and the one we have made so far (Hagi) doesn't make any odds as we already hold his registration so can convert it to a permanent registration outside of the window iirc.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Cheers. Tbh, I know there has been suggestions from some leagues about delaying it (if they are restarting their season) but hadn't heard any suggestion it would be happening up here. I'm not actually sure it would really make much odds anyway as I don't see many clubs (if any) making actual transfers - and the one we have made so far (Hagi) doesn't make any odds as we already hold his registration so can convert it to a permanent registration outside of the window iirc.

I tend to only use Twitter for my work-related stuff. I find it unreliable football-wise. I think I jumped the gun. 

Archived