PL season to restart 19th june

GOAT

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Time is a great healer with most people. 

Rangers voted for the moral end to the league, there was more important things going on in the world (think back to our actions a century ago). 

the logical thing to do was null and void. 

We have not once as a club argued with the morality of the final decision. 

it’s how the decision was made, and who by, with their underhand tactics, hidden agendas and blasé way of doing it. 

That type of corruption shouldn’t be forgotten

44 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

I've no idea why some Rangers fans wanted the season resumed and celtic to actually win the title ... if we can't get null-and-void (which should have 100% happened) then this is much more preferable as there's always an asterix and question mark next to this title they've been handed not won.

I wanted it to resume as I still believed we could have won the league. 

36 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Bit like how when players don’t play they get better this seems to be the case with Rangers to some.

We were fuckin horrific since Dubai, no way in the world we were winning that league. 

Totally get what you mean mate but I would have fancied our chances against the papes twice. Who knows there arses could have collapsed.

Look at helicopter sunday. No one expected that. Also that season the beasts came to ibrox and beat us and everyone thought they had it in the bag and we came back.

Yes it was very unlikely but nothing was won.

3 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

everyone is desperate to watch football and it would be supply on demand 

And given the choice, what do you think more people would want to watch, the PL, Bundesliga or the Scottish Premiership?

More importantly, which one is likely to generate most revenue for broadcasters, the PL, Bundesliga or Scottish Premiership?

I mean, ffs, our games are scheduled to fit the gaps in the PL schedule as it is. With almost all of the 92 games to be shown live once it restarts, where are they fitting in the SPFL games?

4 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Time is a great healer with most people. 

Rangers voted for the moral end to the league, there was more important things going on in the world (think back to our actions a century ago). 

the logical thing to do was null and void. 

We have not once as a club argued with the morality of the final decision. 

it’s how the decision was made, and who by, with their underhand tactics, hidden agendas and blasé way of doing it. 

That type of corruption shouldn’t be forgotten

:tu:

Good post mate ....... Corruption is not in our sporting DNA  ...... these fuckers have no sporting integrity and no sporting merit .... in fact they have nothing that could be classed as decent in all of their corrupt and immoral  history.

Win lose or draw .... I am glad I'm not one one those scabby fuckers.

🇬🇧

2 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

He's right though. It's fairly obvious. I'm pretty sure I said the same on here myself a couple of weeks ago that we won't play because Holyrood is taking a different view to everyone else.

With a little persuasion from the SPFL executive perhaps?

🇬🇧

7 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

With a little persuasion from the SPFL executive perhaps?

🇬🇧

There is zero chance in the SPFL having any influence over the Scottish Government on the timing of lockdown. Anyway, if the SPFL were arguing for anything it would be to grant them an exemption to play.

The Dude is correct around contracts which was one of the reasons the season can’t be completed. Hamilton as an example will lose most of their squad this weekend. Other clubs are the same.

Secondly, the clubs here can’t afford the testing regime that would be required and there’s also a dubiety over whether the number of tests required would even be available. 

The season here could not be finished (which is what the clubs unanimously agreed) which then meant that the outcome was was voted on by the clubs in April.

Just now, eskbankloyal said:

The Dude is correct around contracts which was one of the reasons the season can’t be completed. Hamilton as an example will lose most of their squad this weekend. Other clubs are the same.

Secondly, the clubs here can’t afford the testing regime that would be required and there’s also a dubiety over whether the number of tests required would even be available. 

The season here could not be finished (which is what the clubs unanimously agreed) which then meant that the outcome was was voted on by the clubs in April.

I've read the cost for testing down south is around 100k per club? 

3 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

I've read the cost for testing down south is around 100k per club? 

Sounds about right, £20k a week per club is what I was told.

Given the state of some of the clubs up here there’s absolutely no chance they could afford that

1 minute ago, eskbankloyal said:

Sounds about right, £20k a week per club is what I was told.

Given the state of some of the clubs up here there’s absolutely no chance they could afford that

The Premier League spent £4million to get tests (each club is allocated 80 tests per week with two rounds of testing each week apparently)

Even halving that number to take into account the reduced number of clubs up here v the PL, it's never happening.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/premier-league-coronavirus-tests-testing-results-positive-players-a9522756.html

6 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

So how do you expect us to start next season BCD if we can't  afford testing?

Contracts could have been extended for 60 days to get the season finished. Alternative options were never considered.

Just now, bluenoz said:

So how do you expect us to start next season BCD if we can't  afford testing?

Contracts could have been extended for 60 days to get the season finished. Alternative options were never considered.

Fat stinking breath bo slant eyed liewells puppets said we dont have the money to play out the rest of the reason behind closed doors and rushed through giving the beasts a tainted title........ but they seem to be in a rush to get nxt season started behind closed doors.

Whole thing fucking stinks.

Archived