Barry Fergusons Top 11 (He Played With)

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I knew I was gonna read something mental before I even clicked to open this :lol: 1 CB and Boyd ahead of Mols.

Surprised there's no Birmingham City players in that considering winning the league cup with them was his greatest achievement in football.

8 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

I knew I was gonna read something mental before I even clicked to open this :lol: 1 CB and Boyd ahead of Mols.

Surprised there's no Birmingham City players in that considering winning the league cup with them was his greatest achievement in football.

Fucking ridiculous he came out with that. He has picked an odd odd side considering the many players he played with. One of my absolute favourites big Jorg not included is mystifying 

6 minutes ago, mclovin9091 said:

Shagger or Klos is too close to call.

Moore over Amo??

Hutton over Ricksen???

McCann over Laudrup??? Or Albertz.

Miller & Boyd over Mols or Amato???

Did he not play alongside Rod Wallace as well? 

Err. Ferguson has played in much better teams than that. I would go as far as saying that our current team on top form would ragdoll that team with his 1 CB (please think before the turn of the year and also how we play in Europe).

Before someone argues that a 3-5-2 is a valid formation I would like them to look at the 3 at the back. Only 1 centre half. Hutton and Numan would be caught up front and Alf would rip the pish out of Moore.

8 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Did he not play alongside Rod Wallace as well? 

I was never a fan of Rod Wallace. He scored a few goals but seemed to lack ability for me. To put in to context I was spoiled in terms of player quality growing up and idolised Hateley, McCoist, Laudrup and of course Gascoigne :unsure:.

5 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Err. Ferguson has played in much better teams than that. I would go as far as saying that our current team on top form would ragdoll that team with his 1 CB (please think before the turn of the year and also how we play in Europe).

Before someone argues that a 3-5-2 is a valid formation I would like them to look at the 3 at the back. Only 1 centre half. Hutton and Numan would be caught up front and Alf would rip the pish out of Moore.

Yeah, I like the 3-5-2 formation tbh and I'd love us to play it but you can't play attack-minded wing-backs like Hutton and Numan with little height as center-half's in that formation.

The whole idea of 3 at the back (imo) is that there's 3 good center back's with a presence who can do the basics very well. A belt's & braces approach.

The Barry Ferguson who played on the pitch for Rangers, will always be IMO, a legend for what he did and what he achieved.

The Barry Ferguson who now panders to and gives interviews to his Fenian pals in the media is, and continues to be, a total and complete fucking bawbag.

A genuine Rangers legend who does his legacy a disservice every time he opens his mouth.

He's becoming less of a Ranger every interview he gives.

2 minutes ago, Pure_Quality said:

The Barry Ferguson who played on the pitch for Rangers, will always be IMO, a legend for what he did and what he achieved.

The Barry Ferguson who now panders to and gives interviews to his Fenian pals in the media is, and continues to be, a total and complete fucking bawbag.

A genuine Rangers legend who does his legacy a disservice every time he opens his mouth.

He's becoming less of a Ranger every interview he gives.

It may be controversial but on the park he was certainly no Gascoigne and while he had many brilliant games in a Rangers jersey he wasn't a legend IMO. Never will be.

Rod wallace half bRotherham was teaching at the same school as my mum at the time he was with us. Met him a few times and was a genuine guy.  On another note Leverkuse away was my first Euro away game he obviously does not recall the players around him...

1 minute ago, Jamie0202 said:

It may be controversial but on the park he was certainly no Gascoigne and while he had many brilliant games in a Rangers jersey he wasn't a legend IMO. Never will be.

That's just not true for his achievements but as a man you may be right.

5 minutes ago, badjon said:

That's just not true for his achievements but as a man you may be right.

I suppose he achieved a lot on the park for us but I was never really a fan and neither was my father.

As a player he was tidy at times without really doing too much for me. Backpass Barry eh?

I did like his  wee trademark shift of weight when taking a ball in where he let the ball run across him and turned 180 instead of controlling the ball first time if you know what I mean. Hopefully I've explained that right.

12 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

I suppose he achieved a lot on the park for us but I was never really a fan and neither was my father.

As a player he was tidy at times without really doing too much for me. Backpass Barry eh?

I did like his  wee trademark shift of weight when taking a ball in where he let the ball run across him and turned 180 instead of controlling the ball first time if you know what I mean. Hopefully I've explained that right.

Absolute nonsense. He dragged us through games we should never have won with what he did for the team. He's justifiably a legend on the pitch IMO.

Unfortunately he's more than sullied his reputation as a Rangers great with his outpouring of his 'thoughts' as a pundit for the Rhebel and Sunday Liam.

1 minute ago, Pure_Quality said:

Absolute nonsense. He dragged us through games we should never have won with what he did for the team. He's justifiably a legend on the pitch IMO.

Unfortunately he's more than sullied his reputation as a Rangers great with his outpouring of his 'thoughts' as a pundit for the Rhebel and Sunday Liam.

Absolute nonsense IMO.

1 minute ago, Jamie0202 said:

Absolute nonsense IMO.

Since 9 in a row then name me players who are in your view legends, If you asked most he would be on there, do you like Jorg? I absolutely adore the big guy and he for me is in bordering on legend status however BF is a legend for what he achieved and as another poster said he drove us through games that we looked like drawing or loosing, Take the modern day versions horrible take of our club and situation to one side and see the honest fact that Barry was instrumentally a big part of our team and therefore should be regarded as a legend/whether I would want to have a pint with him is another thing.

Archived