Barry Fergusons Top 11 (He Played With)

1 hour ago, pcbear said:

Agree with that, the taigs have had Scott Brown dragging them along forever not the most gifted player but I for one will be glad when he is gone, he will leave a huge hole in that team.

He was a fine player with the passion and grit to match, we really need another to appear from somewhere to turn draws into wins and defeats into draws, 

Hopefully Hagi can be that player 👍

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

It may be controversial but on the park he was certainly no Gascoigne and while he had many brilliant games in a Rangers jersey he wasn't a legend IMO. Never will be.

Nonsense.

9 hours ago, mclovin9091 said:

Shagger or Klos is too close to call.

Moore over Amo??

Hutton over Ricksen???

McCann over Laudrup??? Or Albertz.

Miller & Boyd over Mols or Amato???

Does anyone know why we sold Amato?

8 hours ago, SK RFC said:

I think the guys a prick but you can’t take away from what he was as a player 😂  

I do as well mate,as a player he would get in my all time eleven and i'm 63 but with that shite he spouts in the rags well you wonder if it was us or the scum he played for.Shame really but there you go. imo of course.

You could argue Amo or Cuellar over Moore but he’ll be his pal.

I loved Thomson but he shouldn’t be in there again  he’s a pal.

MIller and Boyd are pals but incredible leaving Mols out..

What can’t be argued is that Ferguson was brilliant and what i’d give for a prime Ferguson in our team and as captain just now.

10 hours ago, mclovin9091 said:

Shagger or Klos is too close to call.

Moore over Amo??

Hutton over Ricksen???

McCann over Laudrup??? Or Albertz.

Miller & Boyd over Mols or Amato???

Ferguson didn't become a regular in the team until 98/99 season and Laudrup left in the summer of 98.

9 hours ago, Pure_Quality said:

The Barry Ferguson who played on the pitch for Rangers, will always be IMO, a legend for what he did and what he achieved.

The Barry Ferguson who now panders to and gives interviews to his Fenian pals in the media is, and continues to be, a total and complete fucking bawbag.

A genuine Rangers legend who does his legacy a disservice every time he opens his mouth.

He's becoming less of a Ranger every interview he gives.

Almost like McCoist . He followed the path of an appeaser and apologist in the media

Ally may have just recently seen the error of his ways , wouldn't count on it mind .

I will always remember the Supers 27 and all the vital goals he scored for us . I strangely don't feel the same about the Ferguson brothers .

Hamilton boys , they have been sucked in to the way of thinking, in that rhancid bheast loving town. Despise them both

1 hour ago, King Jela said:

One of the laziest accusations to throw at Ferguson.

Probably but look at time of day that I posted it so I can be afforded a bit of laziness.

I still wasn't a fan of Ferguson BTW. Just my opinion and I watched him often enough to be able to have that opinion.

Others can disagree and I'm fine with that but I remember even when he was playing that debating his ability split the fans. Time certainly changes people's opinions on football players. 

25 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Almost like McCoist . He followed the path of an appeaser and apologist in the media

Ally may have just recently seen the error of his ways , wouldn't count on it mind .

I will always remember the Supers 27 and all the vital goals he scored for us . I strangely don't feel the same about the Ferguson brothers .

Hamilton boys , they have been sucked in to the way of thinking, in that rhancid bheast loving town. Despise them both

Hamilton is split 50/50 between us and them mate.

2 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

Hamilton is split 50/50 between us and them mate.

Not in the Councils , not around the centres , not the pubs  That town used to be a bluenose town in the 70s . They have taken the overspill of taigs from Glasgow and turned it around into a bheastly hovel  . . Almost as ghost town as Paisley and that is saying something

Watch out Larkhall .

The season we won the treble , Ferguson was immense scored 18 goals , hard to name another midfielder to score ten in the last decade or so,  his free kick in the 3-2 cup final was stunning anyone who questions Barry as a Ranger is just jealous of his career , he was a big part of our clubs history chosen from quite a young age by people who no more about football than anybody on this forum will ever know . 

Only negatives I can say about Barry is he was a bit baw greedy at times didn't always inspire confidence in players around him and stifled creativity a bit by constantly wanting the ball.

Also he should never have left for Blackburn I would have accepted a move to a team in the top four Man u/Arsenal etc but moving to them was a bit shite and it's debatable if we should have resigned him back. 

9 hours ago, Essandoh said:

As much as I think Ferguson’s a bit of a knob, the idea that somebody could say he isn’t a legend of the Club is fucking mind blowing :lol: 

One of the best Scottish players of his generation when he was at his peak. No doubt about it.

What I’d do to have that Barry Ferguson leading us now. Proper, winning Rangers captain.

Agreed with this. 

I've a lot of older pals who hate him and can't even say he was a good player for us. Baffled at that. It's OK to think someone's a good player and a prick at the same time - a good chunk of our ex players are just that.

Some amount of hatred for one of,if not the best players this club and country has produced in over 20 years.

Incredible talent and 100% a nailed on genuine legend of the club.

5 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

So he picked his best 11 on Blackpool TV and picked Blackpool players? I'm shocked and appalled.

Crainey was the only Blackpool player that got mentioned so don't be too shocked and appalled m8

Regardless who the fuck you are doing it for surely the best XI is you best XI full stop?

Archived