Rangers Propose League Change (Inc "B Team")

I knew this would be the clubs proposal but giving teams who kiboshed our Independent Inquiry a helping hand and especially that prick at Brechin sticks in the throat.

I’m not sure it’s comparable with Spain as theirs is a completely different way of thinking.

Our youngsters would be playing hammer throwers on absolutely shite pitches every week.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, glasgow argyle said:

Of course there will still be 4 games v septic,  as both will finish in top 6 and play home and away after split 

In an 18 team league we’d play four times. Sky won't sanction that is what I meant. 

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I knew this would be the clubs proposal but giving teams who kiboshed our Independent Inquiry a helping hand and especially that prick at Brechin sticks in the throat.

I’m not sure it’s comparable with Spain as theirs is a completely different way of thinking.

Our youngsters would be playing hammer throwers on absolutely shite pitches every week.

That’s what would worry me. Our under 21 youngsters playing against the hammer throwers who already detest us. It would certainly be a welcome to Scottish football.

28 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Right proposal but at 100% the wrong time, no a chance should we be offering these cunts an escape route 

What we’re trying to do is get what we’ve wanted for years by using the leverage the situation has given us. 

Killing Scottish football doesn’t benefit Rangers, so it really comes down to whether you prioritise your love of Rangers or your hatred of the other sides.

3 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

What we’re trying to do is get what we’ve wanted for years by using the leverage the situation has given us. 

Killing Scottish football doesn’t benefit Rangers, so it really comes down to whether you prioritise your love of Rangers or your hatred of the other sides.

It won’t be voted through anyway, many will vote against it purely because it’s our proposal which tells a story in itself about Scottish football 

3 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Paying for tickets up front is stupid too.

Wednesday night in December up at Elgin - there’s no chance of us having 200 fans.

Well how stupid it is probably depends on why you think we’re doing it. If it’s just a (relatively) small financial sweetener for the smaller-budget clubs to accept our proposal than I think it’s pretty clever. 

I’d agree we won’t be selling those tickets on though. Wouldn’t surprise me if a fair chunk of them went for free/heavily discounted to MyGers members (so for your example, we’ll have fans in Elgin who won’t have ST for obvious reasons but who would fancy the game locally).

Just now, Creampuff said:

Well how stupid it is probably depends on why you think we’re doing it. If it’s just a (relatively) small financial sweetener for the smaller-budget clubs to accept our proposal than I think it’s pretty clever. 

I’d agree we won’t be selling those tickets on though. Wouldn’t surprise me if a fair chunk of them went for free/heavily discounted to MyGers members (so for your example, we’ll have fans in Elgin who won’t have ST for obvious reasons but who would fancy the game locally).

Fair shout re Mygers.

Just now, GersInCanada said:

I still think that having our academy play top European sides is a much better idea.

However I don't think this will be voted through as the proposal comes from us.

celtic support it so might have a chance although I’m not sure why the Premiership clubs against Hearts proposals will support this 

Also, this is literally going to be our under 19’s as any player at 19/20 who we have high hopes for should be playing at a higher level than league 1 or whatever it is called.

Do we really want players like Leon King getting smashed to fuck by jobbers?

1 hour ago, Creampuff said:

That’s just complete nonsense 

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Wednesday night in December up at Elgin - there’s no chance of us having 200 fans.

Maybe the families of the colts and the same ones who’ll be filling the seating area at MP.

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

i dont see why not  the north of scotland is full of Rangers fans  our support covers more than the west of scotland

1 hour ago, kanjo said:

In an 18 team league we’d play four times. Sky won't sanction that is what I meant. 

Sorry I thought you were on about 14 team set up. I.m old enough to remember the 18 team league,  far too much deadwood with many more meaningless games,  the 10 team set up is far too tight for teams battling against relegation.  The 12 team set up is ridiculous and always has been,  teams sometimes have 20 home games and only 18 away or vice versa,  and playing a team at home or away 3 teams is criminal.  The 16 team set up doesn't give enough fixtures,  my contention for years has been a 14 team league,  with top 6 split. And this has been my preference long before the current crisis 

1 hour ago, GersInCanada said:

I still think that having our academy play top European sides is a much better idea.

However I don't think this will be voted through as the proposal comes from us.

at the end of the day these games are still friendlies  we need  competitive games for the young players this idea they would get kicked to bits is rubbish  these lads can handle themselves after all we got to the challenge cup final  beating one of the biggest hammer thrower teams in non league in england

3 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Players on loan are subject to how that loan team plays, least if its a colts team they play how we want them to play

Plus we can base them out of the training centre with our coaches. 

Also, if a promotion chasing side has one of our lads on loan and he has a knock, they’ll likely want him to play through it (risking further injury) because they need him - won’t be that sort of pressure from a Colts manager.

As for the bottom 8, imagine one team gets isolated at the bottom, a gretna if you will, another 2 are playoff candidates, that leaves 5 teams post split who are basically playing meaningless games, some will be playing them way before the split, 

Its a certainty that by middle of February there will be teams who are too shite for the top 6 but too good to go down, imagine all their pay on the day punters trying to work up the appetite to go see a meaningless game against say inverness or dundee united, 

This will cost clubs a fortune

18 minutes ago, billscott said:

i dont see why not  the north of scotland is full of Rangers fans  our support covers more than the west of scotland

I appreciate that mate but a freezing Wednesday night i’m not sure how much appetite to watch an under 19 game.

16 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Players on loan are subject to how that loan team plays, least if its a colts team they play how we want them to play

Of course but how many did we have on loan to Div 2 last year?

Our top youngsters were loaned to Championship teams last year.

Are our top youngsters going to play at a lesser  level just to play for our colts?

Archived