Cascade at the Edmiston Club

Mor3los_1

Hi guys, a bit of a long shot here. Does anybody have any information or newspaper clippings of a band that used to residency at the Edmiston Club back in the 70s called Cascade? Been looking for information on them for quite a while but i'm not finding much online. My dad was very good friends with the lead singer who sadly passed away a few years ago so it would be great i could find some pictures or articles of the band. I found some newspaper clippings online of the club but none of the band unfortunately.

16 hours ago, Tak3rNo1 said:

Hi guys, a bit of a long shot here. Does anybody have any information or newspaper clippings of a band that used to residency at the Edmiston Club back in the 70s called Cascade? Been looking for information on them for quite a while but i'm not finding much online. My dad was very good friends with the lead singer who sadly passed away a few years ago so it would be great i could find some pictures or articles of the band. I found some newspaper clippings online of the club but none of the band unfortunately.

The band played in the Edmiston up until the late 1990s/ early 2000s, they were resident and played at every cup final night that I was lucky enough to be at.  Des was the lead singer, never knew his surname but i'm sorry to hear of his passing.  They were the band at the night Findlay gave his singalong.  

16 hours ago, Tak3rNo1 said:

Remember seeing them do a great version of “ give me the night “ Blantyre vic many decades ago 😄

Chicken in a basket, Black Forest gateau, straw wrapped bottle of Chianti and Lena Martell were the high end level of sophisticated Glaswegian entertainment back then in the big Rangers club.

Meanwhile staunch Rangers fans were down the wee Rangers social club on a Saturday drinking pints,  having a break with bingo from the seventies disco which  had  one big speaker and a string of flashing light bulbs, then  a hot mutton pie and chips at the break, descending in to a general sash bash. by 10 o clock. 

On 06/06/2020 at 14:58, tannerall said:

Meanwhile staunch Rangers fans were down the wee Rangers social club on a Saturday drinking pints,  having a break with bingo from the seventies disco which  had  one big speaker and a string of flashing light bulbs, then  a hot mutton pie and chips at the break, descending in to a general sash bash. by 10 o clock. 

My Dad was the chairman of the club then and yes some great nights and days. Including big DJ bringing the 3 cups there one Sunday lunchtime after we won the cup to complete the treble on the Saturday. All thanks to our own big Jock.

Me and the misses used to go to the Edmiston club regularly on a Saturday night, Cascade were excellent, am I right in saying there was three of them, curly headed drummer, base player and keyboard lead vocals guy, always remember him singing sugar baby love by the Rubettes ( showing my age) we were always at cup final nights, if I'm correct the manageress was a wee woman called Sylvia.

12 hours ago, BlueboyG said:

Me and the misses used to go to the Edmiston club regularly on a Saturday night, Cascade were excellent, am I right in saying there was three of them, curly headed drummer, base player and keyboard lead vocals guy, always remember him singing sugar baby love by the Rubettes ( showing my age) we were always at cup final nights, if I'm correct the manageress was a wee woman called Sylvia.

Sylvia Sandison was the manageress, before her it was a guy called Armstrong. The Cup Final nights were  superb.

Archived