Statement released on behalf of Richard MacDonald

AlCapone

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So HE IS part of the initiative and HE DID say what was reported in the video? 

Have I read his statement correctly?

He says he wasn't there in an official capacity. That's not the problem. It's saying what he said (and what he also implied) as someone with ties to the club through this campaign. 

So the only real difference in his clarification is that he was introduced as the creator of the project, which he isn't - he's "only" involved with it.

At least he's had the balls to come out and clarify, but it's still not good enough. Get him to fuck. 

After being introduced (incorrectly) as the innovator of the Everyone Anyone initiative you'd think he'd be careful with his words.

Massively disappointing he got dragged down by those around him who wanted to hear what he ended up saying.

Fair fucks for apologising and setting the record straight, but sadly the damage was done. 

8 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

So HE IS part of the initiative and HE DID say what was reported in the video? 

Have I read his statement correctly?

He says he wasn't there in an official capacity. That's not the problem. It's saying what he said (and what he also implied) as someone with ties to the club through this campaign. 

So the only real difference in his clarification is that he was introduced as the creator of the project, which he isn't - he's "only" involved with it.

At least he's had the balls to come out and clarify, but it's still not good enough. Get him to fuck. 

And that he regrets the use of the phrase 'Rangers has to change'.

Just now, LegendofCoop said:

This is what happens when the club pander to  the masses. Stick to our own fucking guns and don't meddle in 'politics'. Everyone IS welcome, we DON'T have to advertise that just to appease.

Agreed. The campaign is well-intended but woefully executed. 

What was wrong with The Follow With Pride campaign? 

Foisting that campaign upon us last season out the blue, basically suggests that we have a problem as a club that needs addressed. 

It might have been a pre-emptive strike when we got charged for so-called "racism" after the St Pats game, if so it's served it's purpose - it can be binned.

2 minutes ago, Inigo said:

And that he regrets the use of the phrase 'Rangers has to change'.

If he really regrets his use of the that phrase and really values the integrity of his campaign he should resign, not mildly double down like that.

He's used us a vehicle for his own wee agenda and slurred us. His position is untenable. 

1 minute ago, British_Empire said:

Agreed. The campaign is well-intended but woefully executed. 

What was wrong with The Follow With Pride campaign? 

Foisting that campaign upon us last season out the blue, basically suggests that we have a problem as a club that needs addressed. 

It might have been a pre-emptive strike when we got charged for so-called "racism" after the St Pats game, if so it's served it's purpose - it can be binned.

Exactly. Now that the Everyone & Anyone thing is out there now though, we're stuck with it! 

Just now, British_Empire said:

Too late. 

He's used us a vehicle for his own wee agenda and slurred us. His position is untenable. 

If he really regrets his use of the that phrase and really values the integrity of his campaign he should resign, not mildly double down like that.

Its not his campaign & as he's not employed by RFC, he can't resign from us.

He was a person used as part of the campaign, along with many others from different backgrounds 

6 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

Exactly. Now that the Everyone & Anyone thing is out there now though, we're stuck with it! 

This is where the incompetence of the people running our club have backed us into a corner.

As Esky rightly said the other day (maybe even yesterday) if we (the club) get rid of him, it makes us look terrible in a PR-light.

It can look to the twisted masses, baying for blood and a media cabal that's went absolutely nuts that we are somehow against racial inequality. 

We can't win.

That's why I'd be looking at him to resign (or remove himself from whatever work he does/still to do with it)

2 minutes ago, Ace said:

Its not his campaign & as he's not employed by RFC, he can't resign from us.

He was a person used as part of the campaign, along with many others from different backgrounds 

He's part of the campaign, so it is his campaign - as much his campaign as anyone else's because he's contributed. 

I never said he was employed by us. I'm saying he can resign from the project/campaign. 

2 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

I don't think he has a role to stand down from, as far as I can see. 

He's made a mistake. A disappointing one. Damage may well have been done, but I doubt the Rangers fanbase rounding on a black supporter in relation to something like this is likely to make things better in this climate. He's at least apologised and praised the club for it's actions. I'd leave it af that. I think it'll only get worse, PR wise. 

Just now, Inigo said:

He's made a mistake. A disappointing one. Damage may well have been done, but I doubt the Rangers fanbase rounding on a black supporter in relation to something like this is likely to make things better in this climate. He's at least apologised and praised the club for it's actions. I'd leave it af that. I think it'll only get worse, PR wise. 

I would have thought that too if he never said "I'm here to help the club change" or words to that effect.

That's what makes me think he's got future input/work to do with it.

Fair enough on the rest. You could be right. It's a PR-nightmare no matter how it's played out. 

Hopefully lessons learned all round.

2 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

I would have thought that too if he never said "I'm here to help the club change" or words to that effect.

That's what makes me think he's got future input/work to do with it.

Fair enough on the rest. You could be right. It's a PR-nightmare no matter how it's played out. 

Hopefully lessons learned all round.

I would suggest that he stays a part of the project,  it will be more benifical to the club than just immediately dumping him! I believe that the guys just made a cunt of it,  should he come out with any further statements that denigrate the club then I would expect the club to challenge his views.

2 minutes ago, slimjim1690 said:

I would suggest that he stays a part of the project,  it will be more benifical to the club than just immediately dumping him! I believe that the guys just made a cunt of it,  should he come out with any further statements that denigrate the club then I would expect the club to challenge his views.

I can't agree mate, sorry. That's the one thing that should 100% not happen IMO.

He's got a poisonous enough mindset to say what he said in the first instance. 

Fuck him, shouldn’t be back at Ibrox and club should be going after him for slander. 

Cunts on here defending him and saying he had no part in it as well😂 He’s literally on our fucking website 😂

Knew exactly what he was doing, like the majority who slander us do. Rangers fan llooool

14 minutes ago, Inigo said:

A mistake!? Ffs mate. Honestly thought better of you.

28 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

This is what happens when the club pander to  the masses. Stick to our own fucking guns and don't meddle in 'politics'. Everyone IS welcome, we DON'T have to advertise that just to appease.

Post of the day 👍

3 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

I can't agree mate, sorry. That's the one thing that should 100% not happen IMO.

He's got a poisonous enough mindset to say what he said in the first instance. 

I totally understand your POV mate, it's just that I think he could be useful going forward in the short term, if we were to disassociate ourselves with him ATM it would be catnip to the haters 

Archived