Statement released on behalf of Richard MacDonald

AlCapone

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Worst part is he knew he could say whatever the fuck he wanted and Rangers hands are tied. 

Take him off the website- media claim we’re racist. 

Go after him legally for slander- Rangers go after black man. 

That’s exactly what we’re up against in our fucking support, unbelievable 

3 minutes ago, slimjim1690 said:

I totally understand your POV mate, it's just that I think he could be useful going forward in the short term, if we were to disassociate ourselves with him ATM it would be catnip to the haters 

Yeah I do get that. As I said, if you bin him it could be a PR disaster going on how fucked up the world has got the last week. I just think the alternative and keeping someone like that involved with the project is the worst of both worlds tho. If we do get slaughtered for it, it would pass in literally one hour when some SNP cunt pipes up with wanting another street name changed, or a statue get's torn down somewhere in England or something else happens. There's something happening every 20 minutes so it would pass.

4 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Yeah I do get that. As I said, if you bin him it could be a PR disaster going on how fucked up the world has got the last week. I just think the alternative and keeping someone like that involved with the project is the worst of both worlds tho. If we do get slaughtered for it, it would pass in literally one hour when some SNP cunt pipes up with wanting another street name changed, or a statue get's torn down somewhere in England or something else happens. There's something happening every 20 minutes so it would pass.

Good reply.

Feel somewhat conflicted - feel sorry for him after the abuse he’s got but also recognise he’s put himself in that position.

I’m not sure what roles these individuals have in the project going forward, were they not just used to display how diverse our fanbase is? If there is an ongoing role he should be quietly removed and replaced with one of the many other fans we have who haven’t made an utter cunt of it like him.

54 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Fuck him, shouldn’t be back at Ibrox and club should be going after him for slander. 

Cunts on here defending him and saying he had no part in it as well😂 He’s literally on our fucking website 😂

Knew exactly what he was doing, like the majority who slander us do. Rangers fan llooool

This :tu:

I can’t believe the vitriol. The guy has explained his comment. He is not a politician. 

Society should endeavour to do better in relation to all aspects or racism and so should our club and so should we all as individuals.  Doing better does not imply wrongdoing but that we are striving for e xcellence  

The clubs anyone everyone policy is our clubs attempt to help reinforce our club for everyone stance.  He is a supporter so he is on our side.  

Give the guy a break. 

His statement is shit

Quite clearly he gave his bio to the guy that introduced him (he messed it up though)

so why did he do that if he was there in a “personal capacity “ And why didn’t he correct the mistake and let people know he wasn’t there representing the club  and finally are there no other black folk at Glasgow green that could speak that day  

bawbaggery 

3 minutes ago, Thornliebanktrueblue said:

I can’t believe the vitriol. The guy has explained his comment. He is not a politician. 

Society should endeavour to do better in relation to all aspects or racism and so should our club and so should we all as individuals.  Doing better does not imply wrongdoing but that we are striving for e xcellence  

The clubs anyone everyone policy is our clubs attempt to help reinforce our club for everyone stance.  He is a supporter so he is on our side.  

Give the guy a break. 

You've missed the point many times there.

What more should the club do? 

He did not just imply that we should be doing better - his words were along the lines of he's there to change it. Change what? 

Just because he's a supporter doesn't make him right. I'm a supporter and I'd give my right nut to get rid of the clowns running our club. Does that mean I've got the authority to do so? of course it doesn't. 

There's loads of different things he could have said, which even if we thought sounded a bit cringeworthy we would have no real right to complain about. Not really. 

The guy should have gave the club and the fans a break and not made a cunt of us for his 2 minutes of fame, playing to the mob and the gallery on such a platform. 

19 minutes ago, gmcf said:

That didn't take long , The Sun now running it .

Could have guessed they'd be in first. No doubt presented in the worse light and doubt they'll mention his clarification.

5 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Could face guessed they'd be in first. No doubt presented in the worse light and doubt they'll mention his clarification.

Well it certainly isn't about him calling it wrong . 

Whatever way we turn now it will be the normal PR cock up.

I have no doubt the E A venture was started with the best of intentions, but I see it as an attempt to pander to left wing, woke wankers and everytime the films come on before the game or at half time I cringe and do not watch it, I do not believe we have a racism problem to start with.

1 hour ago, tm91 said:

I appreciate the effort rendered to make an apology and clarify his comments, but he should never have said anything concerning Rangers. It was still a particularly poor lapse in judgement to bring the club into an entirely unrelated conversation about institutional and structural racism in society - the mere act of acknowledging a heckle and to mention us in that context did the damage.

There is also nothing in his statement about how the Rangers fanbase themselves are not racist - this is a regular (and false) criticism thrown at us and one that would have been taken as the point of his original comments by people who don't know better (as well as those who don't want to know better). As a mixed-race supporter myself, I can tell him he should know damn well that the fanbase - not just the club -  is not racist and that he should be advocating that whenever Rangers are mentioned in relation to race at all.

This is a PR disaster not caused by the club but by one of its supporters. I am sure some hater journalist will be wanting him to speak again and the bit in bold is want he should be saying. If another rally comes along he would be advised to not speak or go with the bits in bold. He should quietly remove himself from any further activities related to this project.

Archived