Pre-Season Tournament in Lyon

G.E.C.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

5000 fans can be in the stadium but no Scottish fans are allowed in.

If you have a French contact, then it won't matter. The tickets will be sold to French fans, but they won't be doing ID and nationality checks on the turnstiles.

1 hour ago, British_Empire said:

Been told there, best source you can get tbh that we while have been invited to this, we aren't keen on it. I'm not going to say exact reason and wording on the forum, but I think it's a safe bet we will politely decline. 

We don’t like France?

On 28/06/2020 at 15:55, British_Empire said:

Been told there, best source you can get tbh that we while have been invited to this, we aren't keen on it. I'm not going to say exact reason and wording on the forum, but I think it's a safe bet we will politely decline. 

Ignore this. Been told we're considering it now :headwall:

My earlier comments, one of the men in charge of us also works almost daily with a friend of mine and he sent him a text saying "we were reluctant to be involved in anything celtic are involved in" to which, reading between the lines would mean it could be a PR disaster if hundreds of ticketless Old Firm fans show up, in Lyon town centre same time, bevvied (which could still happen) ....then a couple of days later we decided to cancel a closed-door friendly we had lined up against Motherwell at Ibrox, and accepted the invitation to go to this. Strange turnaround. 

But the positives are this will be a much better workout than Motherwell in a closed-door match.

If we are smart, we will use the Leverkusen tie as a pre-season preparation too and that's a good trio of games to get us upto speed as quickly as possible.

There's a group of us booked up. We think we have a contact to get us tickets from the 5k pool so fingers cross that materialises. 

Archived