Pre-Season Tournament in Lyon

G.E.C.

19 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Call me a pessimist but really see us doing fuck all next year. Injuries, manager stubborn ness and regulars not good enough.

Still require 5 signings before addressing the CB issue.

I’m the same.

First game of season at Sheep, virtually the same starting line up as last season with the same tactics.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are limited to who we can sign because most transfer windows aren't even open yet. A little patience is going to be required.

We will be the first league in Europe to start the season so yes, it will be predominantly the same group of players but I believe it will look much different in September. We just have to get through the first few games with last year's squad for the most part.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

We are limited to who we can sign because most transfer windows aren't even open yet. A little patience is going to be required.

We will be the first league in Europe to start the season so yes, it will be predominantly the same group of players but I believe it will look much different in September. We just have to get through the first few games with last year's squad for the most part.

Agreed with all that.

But there's also a question of faith, like faith in us to have these pieces of the jigsaw in place when the respective windows open up. I think that's currently up for debate though tbh.

Was thinking to myself we need to start getting linked with the top targets we need instead of these youngster/squad-filler types, but then again it's good the press don't have a sniff of too many of our targets so I can live with that at the moment.

12 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

The part about transfers is perfectly valid but this is Gerrards third season, his team, there’s no excuses, it’s imperative we get off to a good start at Pittodrie.

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

The part about transfers is perfectly valid but this is Gerrards third season, his team, there’s no excuses, it’s imperative we get off to a good start at Pittodrie.

absolutely.

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I see Helander is struggling again.

A centre half is a must now.

How long is Helander out for? If it’s not long term then we should be able to cope.

If a must then only one on loan. Even then I don’t know if we do. Goldson and Edmundson plus Bassey for cover should be ok for a little bit.

It’s not great position granted, but I don’t know if we can justify an outlay for more CBs for a third summer transfer window in a row and I can’t see the point in having 5 CBs plus Bassey on the books in the long run.

9 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

How long is Helander out for? If it’s not long term then we should be able to cope.

If a must then only one on loan. Even then I don’t know if we do. Goldson and Edmundson plus Bassey for cover should be ok for a little bit.

It’s not great position granted, but I don’t know if we can justify an outlay for more CBs for a third summer transfer window in a row and I can’t see the point in having 5 CBs plus Bassey on the books in the long run.

No idea about Helander but his injury record through career is poor.

Whether it’s Bassey, Edmundson, Mayo or McCrorie it means you’re starting every game with at best a 3rd choice centre half.

42 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

No idea about Helander but his injury record through career is poor.

Whether it’s Bassey, Edmundson, Mayo or McCrorie it means you’re starting every game with at best a 3rd choice centre half.

McCrorie is away to Portsmouth on loan confirmed so that's not an option.

23 hours ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Pretty sure if I looked I could find quotes from another Rangers player or coach who will say Morelos is a great finisher but can’t be bothered looking. I think he’s somewhere in the middle, capable of outstanding finishes but also capable of a howler or two.

When on form he’s great, and I do understand people who say they don’t trust him with penalty’s but if he starts hitting them and scores a couple then that nervousness will quickly disappear.  The situation in the Tarriers game at hampden he shouldn’t have been allowed the ball that day for reasons I’ve already stated

Fair comments mate. I may be wrong, but I’ve never seen a striker score on every attempt made at goal. Funny old game is football. 😉

2 hours ago, British_Empire said:

This is murder trying to source tickets for this :lol: currently exhausting every avenue. No stone unturned. 

If you manage it I will be impressed.  Just remember no colours and no flag. Probably best to act mute as this will be strictly controlled and is home fans only. Best of luck👍

2 minutes ago, badjon said:

If you manage it I will be impressed.  Just remember no colours and no flag. Probably best to act mute as this will be strictly controlled and is home fans only. Best of luck👍

2AA1F88B-B8C3-4345-86E4-5C140A32A780.gif

50 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Think i might get Premier for a month so I can get tuned in to these. 

Anyone know of any deals for Sky?

I know they do season ticket type things. So no monthly payments just a one off. I got it for £49 last season as an offer. Obviously there’s no pre season as such cos Europe is still playing so might no advertise it. Might be worth phoning them up to see if they can give you that.

It is worth it though cos you get La Liga and Serie A. La Liga TV on channel 435 is excellent. They’ve also got the Betfred and Scottish Cup this season too.

58 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Think i might get Premier for a month so I can get tuned in to these. 

Anyone know of any deals for Sky?

You can buy day passes on sky’s now tv. It’s around £5 I think. 

Archived