Our Socks

I'm seeing a lot of this nonsense being spread online recently; taken on board by the masses of gullible that make up their fanbase...

Screenshot 2020-06-16 at 09.52.35.png

Now we first started wearing the famous socks in 1904/5 and having moved to Ibrox in 1887* we were close to the Govan dockyards ship building, and of course we all know much of our fanbase will have come from workers there...

I've always considered the socks were based on the old Funnel Markings and Insignias of the various companies based in the dockyards; Glen Line (picture below)- founded in Glasgow - is the only one I can see that matches our socks; all black and red tops.

Does anyone know anymore about this? Or could post some insights a bit further about it?

f14cd59d342003935a3a1ba474d72b54.jpg

unnamed.jpg

f21781bef99b90a2196340c7863c1759.jpg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Its like the bouncy song, or penny arcade, the perma offended just make things up to be faux offended by saying theres sectarian undertones or history involved.

Just bullshit.

Agreed. 

There’s something about football fans in general though that perpetuate weird urban myths long after they have been debunked.

16 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

They start this nonsense every year, and every year we bite and engage. Ignore their nonsense. 

Exactly this, it's as if they have a reminder set into their computers reminding them to bring it up on a certain date!

One of the things they mentioned previouly, complete with picture,  was Amoruso was that embarrassed that he turned his sock tops down, what they didn't care to mention was that the picture was taken the year we had the black socks with the 1/4 " red band that you couldn't even see from 3 ' away rather than the full 4" red top.

Govan High School's colours are black and red , I have a picture somewhere of my father in the Govan High School football team sometime in the '40's and their  football socks were the exact same.

Just let them get on with their obsessiveness, it gnaws away at them so much so that all their waking hours are consumed by everything Rangers.

7 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Lots of mhanks using George Floyd's death and the fallout as a vehicle to attack our reputation using lies. Scummy stuff.

They don't need that cunt as an excuse tbh, they've been doing it for many decades now, along with their SNP pals in recent years too.

Chip chip chip chip

They just need to make a tiny bit of progress each time they go in for the attack, which they do.

Before you know it they've actually done quite a lot.

I'm only surprised that they've not revamped their story and changed it from fenian blood tops, to a black slave, with a blooded head topped socks

18 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Lots of mhanks using George Floyd's death and the fallout as a vehicle to attack our reputation using lies. Scummy stuff.

Latest one was some Strathclyde uni guy, head of student council or something,  having a pop about needing to tackle Rangers and our support if racism etc is to be fixed in Scotland.

5 mins digging on social media and it turns out hes a beggar.  Unsurprisingly.

11 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Latest one was some Strathclyde uni guy, head of student council or something,  having a pop about needing to tackle Rangers and our support if racism etc is to be fixed in Scotland.

5 mins digging on social media and it turns out hes a beggar.  Unsurprisingly.

Yeah, I saw that. Tend to think the club can't get involved in every scumbag doing this, but this is a guy in a position of influence. The club, SLO and Club1872 should be demanding answers and his removal.

Archived