Halliday Open Goal

Leeds_Bear

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's that long that I forget about parts.

I thought his summary of Barton was spot on, you can tell they both have respect for each other. Fucking howling at how Barton used to tell Halliday that 'Tam Muller was the best player in the World'. :lol: 

Warburton clearly was a massive influence on him and he loved playing under him. I think he was level headed in his assessment, he took us forward as a team with his philosophy. But it had, and he had, shortcomings. I think it hurts Andy that Warburton just didn't quite 'get it', which he touches on when discussing the 5-1 loss at the Tattiedome.

I think that was one of the all time best Open Goals to be honest. Cracking banter from a  Govan lad who can't hide his love for us and also the disappointments along the way. Some of the titbits about the club over the last few years are really illuminating and he is respectful which is good.  His analysis on stuff like the cup final loss, playing under Warburton / with Barton, treatment of Miller and Wallace etc, the disaster of Caixinha / Pena and the move towards Gerrard is really interesting. A lot of it mirrors opinions that we were saying on these pages. I honestly feel he'll be much missed around our dressing room but at the end of the day he wants to play. 

My opinion is similar to Hallidays, Gerrard would liked to have kept him for the dressing room. You can tell they have an affiliation. 

I'm assuming that the board had a different opinion due to his wage, which is probably why they've allowed Firth to continue.

I reckon he'll go to QPR, Hearts or Sunderland. 

Listened to the podcast version and it’s a cracking listen. The bit about mcgregor had me in stitches and you can clearly tell he’s angling for a move down to London with QPR. That wee tarriers accent goes right through me though. Anyone game enough to listen to the one with Gavin Rae? Fuck me, Mingin..

41 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

My opinion is similar to Hallidays, Gerrard would liked to have kept him for the dressing room. You can tell they have an affiliation. 

I'm assuming that the board had a different opinion due to his wage, which is probably why they've allowed Firth to continue.

I reckon he'll go to QPR, Hearts or Sunderland. 

Can see him at Hearts 

9 hours ago, born a blue nose (no capitals) said:

Might not be very popular but a watched Wes’s one the other day n enjoyed that. Nae where near as much as this one obviously but it was decent enough 

Loved his Di Canio impression

On 01/07/2020 at 13:50, ready1873 said:

Watched John Hughes as I've always found him to be sound. Was a decent watch. The McMurdo story was class 

Il watch that over the weekend ,

Another one worth watching from a while back is Ian Black 

On 01/07/2020 at 13:50, ready1873 said:

Watched John Hughes as I've always found him to be sound. Was a decent watch. The McMurdo story was class 

A lot like Jimmy Calderwood one of the few Scottish managers that set his team out to play near enough the same way whether they were at home against a diddy team or away to us or them

Archived