Halliday Open Goal

Leeds_Bear

2 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

A "fenian", a "tarrier"? You do know we often play with the majority of our team being catholic? Romania, Colombia, Croatia, Nigeria, Finland, Switzerland, what do you think is the predominant religion in many of these countries? Then there are our English and American players, and our catholic manager - All at Rangers.

Whether you like it or not, times have changed mate. Welcome to 2020.

Haufwit!

Neither word you quoted means Catholic btw

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

A "fenian", a "tarrier"? You do know we often play with the majority of our team being catholic? Romania, Colombia, Croatia, Nigeria, Finland, Switzerland, what do you think is the predominant religion in many of these countries? Then there are our English and American players, and our catholic manager - All at Rangers.

Haufwit!

You do realise a fenian isn’t a catholic? hawfwit 

42 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

You do realise a fenian isn’t a catholic? hawfwit 

Maybe a shade abusive with the hawfwit comment ,But bang on the money ,I can remember not so long ago getting slated for saying the same as you to a couple of bear mates that there was a massive difference between a fenian and a catholic ,I reckon even such a disgusting organisation like the RC church would be embarrassed at the fenian bastards in this country who use the RC church as a defence to their poisoned views ,We really are unfortunate to have the most poisonous version of catholic living among us 

On 03/07/2020 at 17:57, GabrielTomato said:

He said he was a poor finisher, but a brilliant goalscorer. I think.

It was a fair comment.

Said he didn't want him to take the penalty in the Cup Final.

I still can’t believe the thinking behind that. When was the last time anyone but Tavernier had hit a penalty before that? Defoe comes to mind but obviously he wasn’t on the pitch. I can’t think of anyone in that starting lineup apart from Tav that had hit penalties consistently.

Might actually be stretching back to Waghorn ffs

Lost my rag that day and had a mare on here but it still boils my blood. We’d have battered them if that penalty went in and the season would’ve looked a lot different.

4 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

I still can’t believe the thinking behind that. When was the last time anyone but Tavernier had hit a penalty before that? Defoe comes to mind but obviously he wasn’t on the pitch. I can’t think of anyone in that starting lineup apart from Tav that had hit penalties consistently.

Might actually be stretching back to Waghorn ffs

Lost my rag that day and had a mare on here but it still boils my blood. We’d have battered them if that penalty went in and the season would’ve looked a lot different.

Barisic was the penalty taker for Osijek I think, could be wrong though

1 minute ago, broxibear123 said:

Ah ok, still think Barisic should be our regular penalty taker, reckon he could easily place them top corner every time :lol:

Technically he’s above anyone in the squad, possibly the country, but I wouldn’t have felt confident with him taking it either

Hence my point: why the fuck did Tavernier not demand the ball?

Gerrard said in his post match that Morelos was on penalties but I’m not buying it. And if he was then it’s the worst decision of Gerrard’s managerial career so far.

2 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Technically he’s above anyone in the squad, possibly the country, but I wouldn’t have felt confident with him taking it either

Hence my point: why the fuck did Tavernier not demand the ball?

Gerrard said in his post match that Morelos was on penalties but I’m not buying it. And if he was then it’s the worst decision of Gerrard’s managerial career so far.

Arfield took one against Hamilton in the cup, didn’t he?

I get the feeling that the idea of a set penalty taker was scrapped after Tavernier kept missing and since then it’s been a case of whoever feels confident enough to take one takes it.

Personally I think it should be set as either Barisic or Hagi.

On 04/07/2020 at 00:47, East Enclosure Row N said:

Haufwit!

Just thought I’d give you some interesting info on what you said, I know for a fact Finland is mostly Evangelical and in Nigeria Protestant is the biggest christian religion. Not every country is majority catholic mate.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, The Blues said:

Has Andy got a new club yet? Could do a good job in Championship or SPL.

Not as far as I know. The reality is that he could do a job for most clubs in the top flight in Scotland but most teams won’t go near him because he is a high profile supporter of us who is very open and passionate about it us and most clubs bitter fans wouldn’t take to him as a result.

4 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Not as far as I know. The reality is that he could do a job for most clubs in the top flight in Scotland but most teams won’t go near him because he is a high profile supporter of us who is very open and passionate about it us and most clubs bitter fans wouldn’t take to him as a result.

Think he came out a couple of days after his release and more or less said he would find it really hard to play for another team in Scotland apart from us.

Archived