Jump to content

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

He looked a grade above Robbie Crawford, Kyle Hutton and Ian Black in the lower league years. That's literally it.  It's not cause for worship either. 

Never seen the attraction. 

The boy had oodles of talent curbed by injuries. Admittedly, I haven't seen him play for Brentford and then Wigan but I do know he has been fit for ages.

I liked him but I would be surprised if Gerrard would be interested even for free.

Laudrupsleftfoot likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m ok just now mate but maybe towards the middle of the month.

Barker took great photos in training but shat himself when he was up against a professional photographer.

One is a centre midfielder and one is a centre forward.

Posted Images

Just now, bluenoz said:

The boy had oodles of talent curbed by injuries. Admittedly, I haven't seen him play for Brentford and then Wigan but I do know he has been fit for ages.

I liked him but I would be surprised if Gerrard would be interested even for free.

Agree to disagree mate. Well to an extent anyway, you need to have a lot of talent to play for Rangers (even if you're a bit-part player or someone who featured in the lower leagues)

I just didn't see enough talent in him. 

Was delighted when we got a million for him - even if it was just used to keep the lights on.

Malkytfp1 likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, dazzareyes said:

Interesting if we can get this one done, we are in desperate need for a really good midfielder, someone to help control the games,

Don't know why people are getting bogged down by Europa League registration rules either, there would just have to be a discussion with someone that they aren't going to be in the Europa squad but they will get plenty of games, no big deal.

Any player worthy of playing for us shouldnt be accepting domestic games only, infact if a player said that to gerrard id expect him to bounce him right out the door, 

No player coming to us should be happy getting inferior games, they should all want to play against the best, if they don't they arent what we need

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

4 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Any player worthy of playing for us shouldnt be accepting domestic games only, infact if a player said that to gerrard id expect him to bounce him right out the door, 

No player coming to us should be happy getting inferior games, they should all want to play against the best, if they don't they arent what we need

I agree, what im saying though is, i dont think it will have any bearing on who our next signing is, the consensus seems to be that it can't be a foreign player,  that's what i disagree with.

Imo we will sign someone for midfield but it won't be with the caveat that he must be home grown.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, British_Empire said:

He looked a grade above Robbie Crawford, Kyle Hutton and Ian Black in the lower league years. That's literally it.  It's not cause for worship either. 

Never seen the attraction. 

Think that's a bit unfair on him, although can respect that different people will have different views on players.

Injuries have robbed him of the career he should have had but talent wise he was arguably the pick of the bunch of the other currently 25-27 year old Scottish players playing.

Wouldn't take him now though mind.

BookWorm likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Think that's a bit unfair on him, although can respect that different people will have different views on players.

Injuries have robbed him of the career he should have had but talent wise he was arguably the pick of the bunch of the other currently 25-27 year old Scottish players playing.

Wouldn't take him now though mind.

Honestly, my word is far from gospel when it came to players during them years - I still maintain to this day that Nicky Law was actually a good player and that Dominic Ball was man of the match against celtic at Hampden that game for breaking the game up and doing a shit load of dirty work :lol: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Honestly, my word is far from gospel when it came to players during them years - I still maintain to this day that Nicky Law was actually a good player and that Dominic Ball was man of the match against celtic at Hampden that game for breaking the game up and doing a shit load of dirty work :lol: 

Don't know if you're kidding here but I agree regardless:lol: We missed him in the final!

Geo17 and British_Empire like this
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, British_Empire said:

He looked a grade above Robbie Crawford, Kyle Hutton and Ian Black in the lower league years. That's literally it.  It's not cause for worship either. 

Never seen the attraction. 

Most opponents in those divisions had a player a grade above Robbie Crawford 

Gaffbear likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, British_Empire said:

Correct. 

Ross Wilson may have handled the negotiations within our budgets, but there's no way he identified him,

Made it happen though. 

Something we hadn’t managed up to now. 

Biggest issue is offloading deadwood and getting a quality CM in to push Jack or Kamara onto the bench.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Made it happen though. 

Something we hadn’t managed up to now. 

Biggest issue is offloading deadwood and getting a quality CM in to push Jack or Kamara onto the bench.

Cant really blame anyone previous for not signing roofe given he was sold for 7mill his last transfer lol, 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...