• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Barker took great photos in training but shat himself when he was up against a professional photographer.

I’m ok just now mate but maybe towards the middle of the month.

Junior level at best? He scored more goals in half a season with Motherwell than Ryan kent did in a full season with us ffs give the lad a proper chance.  This loan move could be ideal for him.

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Creampuff said:

My overall point was that considering a striker as a ‘goal scorer’ based off one season is not an effective strategy. But the stats being quoted were wrong so I corrected them :lol: 

I’m not suggesting the boy is a bad player - I’ve not seen enough of him to comment - but his record is gash before he moved to Austria and so I think spending the reported sums on him would be a massive risk. 

I get what you mean but keep in mind they got Dembele off the back of one good season and ended up selling him for £20 million. Its a massive risk that can also have massive reward. 

38 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

People worrying about somebody they most likely hadn’t heard of until a few weeks ago lol.

I don’t think it’s that crazy to be worried about your biggest rival signing a player who scored 30 goals in 31 games in a league that’s very comparable - if not slightly better - than the one we play in. 

8 minutes ago, rangersross said:

I don’t think it’s that crazy to be worried about your biggest rival signing a player who scored 30 goals in 31 games in a league that’s very comparable - if not slightly better - than the one we play in. 

Should take a lot more than that to get people worried tbh. Especially when as said nobody even knew him until very recently and most likely has never seen him play.

8 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Should take a lot more than that to get people worried tbh. Especially when as said nobody even knew him until very recently and most likely has never seen him play.

Last season he had a league goal:game ratio of ~0.96 - in a league that UEFA ranks higher than the SPL. By comparison, the SPL’s top scorer (Eduoard) had a ratio of ~0.77 while our top SPL goalscorer (Defoe) had a ratio of 0.65.

You can read too far into stats but a guy who is that much more prolific in the league than Eduoard or Defoe sounds pretty worrying to me. Especially if they keep Eduoard. 

GlasgowRangersFC likes this
24 minutes ago, B1872 said:

If the tarriers sign Forster and Weismann AND don’t sell anyone then it’s going to be a fucking uphill battle for us next season.

Hope to fuck Ross Wilson has something up his sleeve to bridge the gap as we are in dire need of 2/3 quality signings that will improve our starting 11.

Agree with that. Forster especially. He's a great goalkeeper. 

I've never been convinced with Ross Wilson tbh, same was I wasn't with Mark Allen. Maybe I'm too harsh on the DOF role in general but it's still how I feel. I don't really see the hype with either of them when it comes down it. A lot of gibberish and management-style speel and bravado with zero substance. 

For what it's worth, the papes have denied they are interested in Weissmann. Not that that might mean a lot at this stage.

19 minutes ago, rangersross said:

Last season he had a league goal:game ratio of ~0.96 - in a league that UEFA ranks higher than the SPL. By comparison, the SPL’s top scorer (Eduoard) had a ratio of ~0.77 while our top SPL goalscorer (Defoe) had a ratio of 0.65.

You can read too far into stats but a guy who is that much more prolific in the league than Eduoard or Defoe sounds pretty worrying to me. Especially if they keep Eduoard. 

Ranked higher because one team is owned by Red Bull lets be honest. 

He might actually be good, he might no, but wouldny be getting worried just yet.

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Ranked higher because one team is owned by Red Bull lets be honest. 

He might actually be good, he might no, but wouldny be getting worried just yet.

So they outscored us by about 40 last season and you wouldn’t be worried about them adding a goal a game striker? fuck them anyway we should be going for him if he’s available before shite like Roofe and Toney fucking EFL journeymen 

3 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

So they outscored us by about 40 last season and you wouldn’t be worried about them adding a goal a game striker? fuck them anyway we should be going for him if he’s available before shite like Roofe and Toney fucking EFL journeymen 

Not overly no, more worried about our signings.

Orange and Blue likes this
22 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

It wouldn’t matter - players can be signed at any time in the year. The window just means they can be registered.

Yes I get that mate, just wondered when it was open.  As long as we get the 3/4 quality we need that is the main thing. 

10 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Not overly no, more worried about our signings.

Me as well which is why I’m saying we should be in for this guy if he’s available rather than wasting our time chasing an EFL journeyman Roofe or L1 striker Toney 

frenv likes this
1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Just like Morelos?

I think a hidden gem is exactly that, something that’s hidden from view only to be realised. This guy going by his stats, which was all we could really do with Morelos before signing him, could easily be a good player for them.

I can understand the worry if they sign him.

10 minutes ago, Blue_Devil said:

Looking at the goals he has scored, I am not sure he is the right player for us

Watched his goals a few week ago and he looks like a poacher. JD is a poacher an he looks woeful with us at times because we don’t create them type of chances.

I think we’re spoiled with Morelos, does so much more than scores goals. Reliant on him creating something out of nothing at times.

Doubt we are after Weissman anyway.

Blue_Devil likes this
Just now, Smell the hotdog said:

Watched his goals a few week ago and he looks like a poacher. JD is a poacher an he looks woeful with us at times because we don’t create them type of chances.

I think we’re spoiled with Morelos, does so much more than scores goals. Reliant on him creating something out of nothing at times.

Doubt we are after Weissman anyway.

Our system is built around Morelos, if he left it would change to suit the new strikers.

Morelos poses quite a headache because the system is so tailored for him, it’s difficult to be adjusted for someone like Defoe.

I hope if Morelos does leave it is the end of our inflexibility and might allow us to have more than just a plan A

10 minutes ago, Swally said:

Our system is built around Morelos, if he left it would change to suit the new strikers.

Morelos poses quite a headache because the system is so tailored for him, it’s difficult to be adjusted for someone like Defoe.

I hope if Morelos does leave it is the end of our inflexibility and might allow us to have more than just a plan A

Would it tho? Surely the players can adapt to play a slightly different way dependant on who’s up front. The amount of times we play the exact same way with JD up top is frustrating as fuck.

Either they can’t adapt or aren’t being told to adapt, both are as worrying as the other.

Morelos is a poacher as well

Sure he's good at holding the ball up and using his strength outside of the box but vast majority of goals are exactly the same as the ones Weissman is scoring in that video. Morelos is a penalty box striker and can go even further and say most of his goals are one touch strikes in and around 6 yard box/penalty spot. 

Other than out-muscling defenders and getting through a couple times I do not agree at all that Morelos 'creates chances out of nothing'. No more so than any other striker does. 

7 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Morelos is a poacher as well

Sure he's good at holding the ball up and using his strength outside of the box but vast majority of goals are exactly the same as the ones Weissman is scoring in that video. Morelos is a penalty box striker and can go even further and say most of his goals are one touch strikes in and around 6 yard box/penalty spot. 

Other than out-muscling defenders and getting through a couple times I do not agree at all that Morelos 'creates chances out of nothing'. No more so than any other striker does. 

Absolutely Incredibly hot take.

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Absolutely Incredibly hot take.

22 goals from last season. 16 of them are 'poach-style' goals from around the penalty spot/6 yard box, 1 was a penalty, not a single one of them were from outside of the box. 

Just now, Broxi said:

22 goals from last season. 16 of them are 'poach-style' goals from in and around the penalty spot, 1 was a penalty, not a single one of them were from outside of the box. 

Kris Boyd - poacher.

Defoe - poacher.

Morelos is a one man strike force and has scored all sorts of goals through his Rangers career.