40K Season Tickets Renewed - Updated.

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Said that from day one. 

Which tells you it's nothing to do with rewarding folk, or loyalty - it's about squeezing more cash. 

Guys who run buses and who's members have signed upto the scheme, it will be a concerted effort with them all phoning up the ticket hotline when their respective windows all open, order tickets, and hand them onto the buses.

It's gave your average bus and supporter a lot more work, having to pay for the honour and their tickets drastically reduced. Nice work, Rangers.

If they wanted another £40/£50 per person just stick it on the season tickets and cunts can take it or leave it.

There is no phoning the hotline. It will all be on the ticketing website. 

2 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Exactly mate . Having spoke to him . Greg is a yes man employed for the sole reason of defending their decisions and talking  them up in my opinion  . 

Having spoken to you I doubt anything I could say would get you to change your mind.  appreciate you are entitled to your opinions but that doesn’t make them accurate 

6 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

IMG-20200622-WA0013.jpg

I'm defo not Rodney btw whoever the fuck that is :lol: 

can you link me to that thread on FF   - edit found the thread

it's a bit mental someone just copy and pasting your exact comment - even use the same points or something fine but that's a bit mad

27 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

I'm defo not Rodney btw whoever the fuck that is :lol: 

can you link me to that thread on FF   - edit found the thread

it's a bit mental someone just copy and pasting your exact comment - even use the same points or something fine but that's a bit mad

Surely a beast gaining some cover and pasting it into comments. Whats the link to the thread? Surely someone has asked about it.

Jesus lads, we want supporter engagement, we’ve cried out for it, now you’ve got folk questioning the SLOs suitability in an open forum. Grow up man.

The guys got a hard enough task as it is without grown men acting like dicks.

2 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Still haven't signed up to myGers, really swithering with it tbh. I don't really buy our shirts or any of our merchandise in fact I haven't since 2012 I think. I 100% believe that's the next step with myGers points with merchandise. Not enough I pay for 3 STs go to every away game bar cellic, the majority of Euro aways, friendlies, RSC membership that I'll now need to look like a megastore advert cutting about in a Ianis Hagi onesie and Morelos masks.

That'll be where I finally draw the line and take my chances through places like this and my RSC.

Merchandise is 100% next mate , the fans groups would have suggested that anaw no doubt we’ll be told , bullshit 

52 minutes ago, Louden_Greg said:

RTV is 25 points for the uk product that is £60.  The other one is the unlimited international product that is £240odds iirc 

away euro points are historically 5 per point. Going forward it will  be 3 to reflect it’s now points on purchase rather than application which means that the pool of those points is limited. Large points for limited offer allocations can create a bit of a closed shop that we are trying to avoid. 

My original point still stands regardless if you want to get bogged down in semantics. You have to go to an obscene amount of away European games to gain the same amount of points as people paying for RTV. 8 to be on a par with someone shelling out a measly £60 in comparison for RTV in the UK. That isn't rewarding loyalty at all and you know that fine well

16 minutes ago, ScottBF2 said:

Jesus lads, we want supporter engagement, we’ve cried out for it, now you’ve got folk questioning the SLOs suitability in an open forum. Grow up man.

I'm neither here nor there on him. He's not a bad guy, he's got a hard job but I don't think he's all that good at his job either.

From what I see, it's fans unhappy with sub-standard or vague responses to pertinent questions.

Any personal abuse is well out of order tho. 

2 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Still haven't signed up to myGers, really swithering with it tbh. I don't really buy our shirts or any of our merchandise in fact I haven't since 2012 I think. I 100% believe that's the next step with myGers points with merchandise. Not enough I pay for 3 STs go to every away game bar cellic, the majority of Euro aways, friendlies, RSC membership that I'll now need to look like a megastore advert cutting about in a Ianis Hagi onesie and Morelos masks.

That'll be where I finally draw the line and take my chances through places like this and my RSC.

Said almost exact same thing to my mates yesterday, I will buy My Gers, so I’ve a better chance of cup semi or final tickets, plus Euro away tickets, but as soon as merchandise is included ( as soon as shop is running properly, I’d guess )  I will quickly drop down the points rankings. I’m in my 50’s, with grown up kids,  I won’t be running around in the kit,  and I don't need matching Broxi curtains and duvet set either , therefore my chance of a travel club ticket wi diminish as well.

On  plus side, if the proposed bar opens where the shop is,  and you get points for a pint,  I’m up that leaderboard rapid 🍻🍻🍻

5 minutes ago, BlueBeard said:

Said almost exact same thing to my mates yesterday, I will buy My Gers, so I’ve a better chance of cup semi or final tickets, plus Euro away tickets, but as soon as merchandise is included ( as soon as shop is running properly, I’d guess )  I will quickly drop down the points rankings. I’m in my 50’s, with grown up kids,  I won’t be running around in the kit,  and I don't need matching Broxi curtains and duvet set either , therefore my chance of a travel club ticket wi diminish as well.

On  plus side, if the proposed bar opens where the shop is,  and you get points for a pint,  I’m up that leaderboard rapid 🍻🍻🍻

I think Euro away tickets is going to be quite hard, well for example when a Maribor, Feyenoord or Rapid Vienna comes up like they have past year or so ... or heaven forbid we draw a Cork City away with a 400-allocation.

The only Euro away tickets that will be guaranteed unless you're one of the best on the scheme will be the likes of Progres, Skopje, the Gibraltar mob etc - to use examples of last couple of years.

The person I got to take my season book, I basically had to give preference to someone who was going to tick all the cup games, take RTV, attend the games and not let it sit in the house (and lose 5-points every time) but yet didn't want to go to European away games, just so I could still have a decent chance of going to all the Euro aways. Pure clusterfuck.

14 minutes ago, ScottBF2 said:

Quite right to question his suitability. His actual duties are incredibly vague, I've yet to see him defend the fans or take on board views that seem to challenge the club and board with regards to fan engagement. He rarely engages with fans who hold polar opposite views to the clubs way of dealing with fans and add into the fact his old man tried to secure a total monopoly on away tickets.

Is his position subject to review at all and did he even have the experience or qualifications required? Doesn't mention it on the website after a quick scan.

Nothing personally against the guy, he seems nice and a genuine person when I've met him but its been a couple of years now and the board in some elements seem even more out of touch with fans 

14 minutes ago, BlueBeard said:

Same with me mate , I’ll need to admit defeat to MYGers when the merchandise starts , canny support your team coz I’m not willing to at 39 year old go about with the goalie top on with shagger on the back 😂

1 hour ago, ScottBF2 said:

Tag them shitebag 

6 hours ago, Louden_Greg said:

Having spoken to you I doubt anything I could say would get you to change your mind.  appreciate you are entitled to your opinions but that doesn’t make them accurate 

Well if you go on that basis . It doesn't make your opinions accurate then does it  and that would be concerning to many bears .

Surely you expect having taken this job , you would face criticism . Maybe you should take it on the chin and concentrate on taking real issues back to that useless numptie that employs you . It is not personal . You are the liaison officer and not  one that takes issues to the  board . You are just putting out the club's rhetoric.

And having spoken to you . You are an expert in this i think . So Stuart will be happy with you

5 hours ago, British_Empire said:

I'm neither here nor there on him. He's not a bad guy, he's got a hard job but I don't think he's all that good at his job either.

From what I see, it's fans unhappy with sub-standard or vague responses to pertinent questions.

Any personal abuse is well out of order tho. 

Any abuse would be well out of order . I agree 

On 22/06/2020 at 16:53, Prso's headband said:

Quite right to question his suitability. His actual duties are incredibly vague, I've yet to see him defend the fans or take on board views that seem to challenge the club and board with regards to fan engagement. He rarely engages with fans who hold polar opposite views to the clubs way of dealing with fans and add into the fact his old man tried to secure a total monopoly on away tickets.

Is his position subject to review at all and did he even have the experience or qualifications required? Doesn't mention it on the website after a quick scan.

Nothing personally against the guy, he seems nice and a genuine person when I've met him but its been a couple of years now and the board in some elements seem even more out of touch with fans 

He’s employed by the club in that capacity, he answers to the club. If Greg didn’t toe the party line and do as he was told then he would quickly be replaced by someone else who would. He’s never going to be in a position to enforce change in any meaningful way, and is really there to act as a sort of concierge.

On 22/06/2020 at 16:53, Prso's headband said:

My role isn’t to be someone who ‘defends the fans’ in any public forum/press.  If I challenge the club on an issue it will never be in public. That’s not what SLOs are here to do. 

the ticket monopoly point is not accurate.  I’ve dealt with this point many times and I’m a little surprised it’s brought up given that it’s obviously not true. Hypothetically discussing how a system can be exploited is not the same as exploiting that system. I once had a guy shout at me over having all the tickets for a Killie away game when we had both stands and there were dozens of tickets going outside - you have to laugh (for the record i didn’t even take a Extra staff ticket for that game)

my role is extremely varied. Just under 100 people applied for my job and they decided I was the best candidate for the role. I have experience in fans politics, businesses targeted at Rangers fans, I’m well educated and I have a high level of patience which is essential in the role. Though I believe my passion and enthusiasm for the club and fanbase were what put me to the head of the queue. 

having done my job for 3 years now I think I’ve improved year on year (as you would expect) and the club has, on the whole, embraced what is functionally a new role within the club. No disrespect to anyone by my job is different to anything that came before at the club. 

I will engage with contrary fans regularly. It’s important that views are understood. Even if I don’t agree I think it’s important to understand where fans are coming from.  

I have a public email, phone number,  and twitter account. It’s very easy to get in contact with me. Granted that brings issues in that the volume at times can be so high that I can’t reply to every message which is something we need to resolve. But I’m available and approachable. 

I think we have made great strides in the last few seasons but it’s Rangers. We always need to be striving for better.

my job isn’t a popularity contest. I’m not elected. I’m employed. I need to convey fans interests into the club and vice versa. My role provides great opportunities for fan engagement but it’s a two way street. I read and act on many complaints coming in publicly but If fans take the steps to let the club know it can carry more weight. 

Archived