40K Season Tickets Renewed - Updated.

14 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Can’t just acknowledge some supporters sacrifice and not others 

It’s should be all or nothing 

Can you advise what you mean there. 

within the proposal it’s a binary choice. 

wither you receive cash back for the games you missed or you receive MyGers points into your file.  Both outcomes have an acknowledgement 

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Louden_Greg said:

Can you advise what you mean there. 

within the proposal it’s a binary choice. 

wither you receive cash back for the games you missed or you receive MyGers points into your file.  Both outcomes have an acknowledgement 

Non mygers members who have  made the same sacrifice as mygers members what acknowledgement are they getting ? 

11 hours ago, ScottBF2 said:

He’s employed by the club in that capacity, he answers to the club. If Greg didn’t toe the party line and do as he was told then he would quickly be replaced by someone else who would. He’s never going to be in a position to enforce change in any meaningful way, and is really there to act as a sort of concierge.

I think there is merit to an extent in your first point. I operate a club account I don’t own it in relation to twitter. I’m there to help fans and I do so every day but that doesn’t make me a fans spokesman. 

regarding your second point that I believe is not wholly the case. My job gives me the position to influence choices within the club. Ultimately the executive directors and board will make the biggest choices as they should but my role isn’t without influence and that responsibility is something I take extremely seriously. 

Just now, Tiger Shaw said:

Non mygers members who have  made the same sacrifice as mygers members what acknowledgement are they getting ? 

They have those points added to their files that they can activate to help receive the benefits they bring at any time. They can also apply for the £25 voucher if they choose 

1 minute ago, Louden_Greg said:

My role isn’t to be someone who ‘defends the fans’ in any public forum/press.  If I challenge the club on an issue it will never be in public. That’s not what SLOs are here to do. 

the ticket monopoly point is not accurate.  I’ve dealt with this point many times and I’m a little surprised it’s brought up given that it’s obviously not true. Hypothetically discussing how a system can be exploited is not the same as exploiting that system. I once had a guy shout at me over having all the tickets for a Killie away game when we had both stands and there were dozens of tickets going outside - you have to laugh (for the record i didn’t even take a Extra staff ticket for that game)

my role is extremely varied. Just under 100 people applied for my job and they decided I was the best candidate for the role. I have experience in fans politics, businesses targeted at Rangers fans, I’m well educated and I have a high level of patience which is essential in the role. Though I believe my passion and enthusiasm for the club and fanbase were what put me to the head of the queue. 

having done my job for 3 years now I think I’ve improved year on year (as you would expect) and the club has, on the whole, embraced what is functionally a new role within the club. No disrespect to anyone by my job is different to anything that came before at the club. 

I will engage with contrary fans regularly. It’s important that views are understood. Even if I don’t agree I think it’s important to understand where fans are coming from.  

I have a public email, phone number,  and twitter account. It’s very easy to get in contact with me. Granted that brings issues in that the volume at times can be so high that I can’t reply to every message which is something we need to resolve. But I’m available and approachable. 

I think we have made great strides in the last few seasons but it’s Rangers. We always need to be striving for better.

my job isn’t a popularity contest. I’m not elected. I’m employed. I need to convey fans interests into the club and vice versa. My role provides great opportunities for fan engagement but it’s a two way street. I read and act on many complaints coming in publicly but If fans take the steps to let the club know it can carry more weight. 

You're just furthering my point. It has been a rare occasion when the fans have agreed the board or club have done something for the fans. I said in my post many fans feel the club are even more out of touch with the fans at this moment and that's with an SLO in the fold.

Not getting into the away ticket thing, it was as clear as day what was going on, maybe it was one of those "robust" discussions?

You can have plenty of ways of contacting you but if you're going to give out generic responses in relation to tough questions what's the point?

That first sentence of the last paragraph is exactly what I mean. Might not be a popularity contest to get the job but you should be popular amongst the support and seen in the eyes of the support as someone they feel will back them in these discussions with the board and the club. Not many people will feel like that, and that's the problem.

Like I've said before you're a genuine guy I don't have anything against you but having an SLO and feeling even more out of touch with the club isn't progress.

17 minutes ago, Louden_Greg said:

They have those points added to their files that they can activate to help receive the benefits they bring at any time. They can also apply for the £25 voucher if they choose 

Activate by giving the club more money on top of the money already sacrificed 😆

The vouchers not worth a fuck tbh

6 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

You're just furthering my point. It has been a rare occasion when the fans have agreed the board or club have done something for the fans. I said in my post many fans feel the club are even more out of touch with the fans at this moment and that's with an SLO in the fold.

Not getting into the away ticket thing, it was as clear as day what was going on, maybe it was one of those "robust" discussions?

You can have plenty of ways of contacting you but if you're going to give out generic responses in relation to tough questions what's the point?

That first sentence of the last paragraph is exactly what I mean. Might not be a popularity contest to get the job but you should be popular amongst the support and seen in the eyes of the support as someone they feel will back them in these discussions with the board and the club. Not many people will feel like that, and that's the problem.

Like I've said before you're a genuine guy I don't have anything against you but having an SLO and feeling even more out of touch with the club isn't progress.

I'm not going to have 'robust' discussions with fans on a public forum - happy to debate but grandstanding doesn't really help.

I don't believe its fair to say the board are out of touch with the fanbase - they make calls like every club that not every fan agrees with but we are also striving to improve turnover to bridge the financial gap between us and them to allow us the best opportunity to win trophies and ultimately that if you ask any fan is consistently going to come out top in what fans want.

What I give out isn't always what is important - feedback to those that run the club can be very beneficial. 

Every SLO has challenges and broadly they mirror the ones that we face.  My job isn't to back any individual its to reflect the view of the support and balance that within context.  Being an advocate for every individual supporter in every situation isn't realistic.  

Appreciate that you feel that way and understanding why is maybe something that would benefit.

33 minutes ago, Louden_Greg said:

I'm not going to have 'robust' discussions with fans on a public forum - happy to debate but grandstanding doesn't really help.

I don't believe its fair to say the board are out of touch with the fanbase - they make calls like every club that not every fan agrees with but we are also striving to improve turnover to bridge the financial gap between us and them to allow us the best opportunity to win trophies and ultimately that if you ask any fan is consistently going to come out top in what fans want.

What I give out isn't always what is important - feedback to those that run the club can be very beneficial. 

Every SLO has challenges and broadly they mirror the ones that we face.  My job isn't to back any individual its to reflect the view of the support and balance that within context.  Being an advocate for every individual supporter in every situation isn't realistic.  

Appreciate that you feel that way and understanding why is maybe something that would benefit.

Can you tell them to get their finger out their arse and sort safe standing instead of hospitality, please and thank you x

2 hours ago, Louden_Greg said:

Ones I discussed the issue with are supporters who felt that the club should acknowledge their sacrifice. 

you trying to say you were talking to the average working class supporters and they came up with this crap MyGers - nonsense - this scheme looks as if it's been set up to get every single penny out of your loyal support by means of basically blackmail.

40 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Can you tell them to get their finger out their arse and sort safe standing instead of hospitality, please and thank you x

Safe standing is a difficult one - it doesn't bring extra capacity and to implement it in the way that advocates want it would mean dispersing a number of supporters at a time when we have little capability of relocating those fans to other areas of the stadium.

If the club decided to just convert BF1 to safe standing I don't think that would satisfy those who want safe standing implemented.  

42 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

Again, who are they?

I can't disclose individual fans details as I'm sure you understand.

Some of the strongest complaints put to the club have been passed to me and I called up those fans to discuss their concerns.

1 minute ago, Louden_Greg said:

I can't disclose individual fans details as I'm sure you understand.

Some of the strongest complaints put to the club have been passed to me and I called up those fans to discuss their concerns.

So just random people, who in essence, might not need the money and as such could use it to their advantage :lol:?

I’m not taking a refund, but it’s an absolute shambles that I, along with others, are being ‘rewarded’ for it.

So out of touch with the fans it is off the scale.

3 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

I see celtic have only sold 26k STs and their fans are being quite forceful that they are not paying full ST access to watch games via a stream. 

Greater loyalty from us or more willing to be walked all over. 

A fine line sometimes...

They’re refund policy is worse than ours.

Comfortably!

26 minutes ago, Louden_Greg said:

Looks like it will be by a link again for this month - I'll confirm when the ticket centre are able to confirm to me

When even paying for a season ticket is far from straight forward do you not think that the "my gers" nonsense should at the very least have been put on hold for a year? 

23 minutes ago, Louden_Greg said:

Safe standing is a difficult one - it doesn't bring extra capacity and to implement it in the way that advocates want it would mean dispersing a number of supporters at a time when we have little capability of relocating those fans to other areas of the stadium.

If the club decided to just convert BF1 to safe standing I don't think that would satisfy those who want safe standing implemented.  

In other words the club don’t want it..

If the capacity increase plan that was in the papers happens, surely then it should be implemented

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Find it absolutely remarkable that the club are measuring fan loyalty based on their financial situation in the midst of a global pandemic. It would be laughable if it wasn't so contemptible. 

Summed it perfectly in two sentences, @Louden_Greg what are your thoughts on this?

Genuinely. If you do not agree with it, how do you plan to raise this point with the board and where will it be possible for the conversation and outcome to be documented?  

It's not like there are one or two grumbles about this - the majority of fans (including those who are unaffected by the decision) are unhappy about the general position from the board that those who 'have' will be rewarded and those who are struggling, well, tough cookie. Regardless of loyalty shown over previous years.

I don't have a season ticket and rarely can I attend matches so this does not affect me, and it's abundantly clear that fans from across the board are not happy with this, why is this not being addressed?

Archived