40K Season Tickets Renewed - Updated.

3 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

When even paying for a season ticket is far from straight forward do you not think that the "my gers" nonsense should at the very least have been put on hold for a year? 

I think anyone that has concerns over the timing of implementation of the scheme has a fair point - however from a club perspective the system was already fully integrated and we believe in it.  Hundreds of hours and tens of thousands of pounds was spent developing this and with 16,500+ members already we can see the financial benefit that it will bring the club.  What the club need to do is reward the fans faith in the membership by delivering on the membership and its components.

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Louden_Greg said:

I can't disclose individual fans details as I'm sure you understand.

Some of the strongest complaints put to the club have been passed to me and I called up those fans to discuss their concerns.

It will be the same fan who suggested 4 people in the same house all need to get RangersTV to remain going to the matches together , James Bisgrove, I’ve yet to see any supporter that feels this is anything short of ridiculous yet it remains in MYGers, provided you have took that insight back to the club they just don’t care coz its extra £60s ,

supporters wanted changed from the usual 2 Livingston and killie tickets a season but didn’t expect the club to turn it into a money making racket forcing fans to pay for irrelevant things to remain in a position to support our team , it will only get worse to Ive no doubt ,eg a father of two who’s enjoyed following his team with his family for the last 5 years will need to fork out on all the strips to remain in that position is just around the corner 

once the season starts there will be still people in our end for their first ever game at parkheed etc , nothing will change 

1 minute ago, Cedrick said:

It will be the same fan who suggested 4 people in the same house all need to get RangersTV to remain going to the matches together , James Bisgrove, I’ve yet to see any supporter that feels this is anything short of ridiculous yet it remains in MYGers, provided you have took that insight back to the club they just don’t care coz its extra £60s ,

supporters wanted changed from the usual 2 Livingston and killie tickets a season but didn’t expect the club to turn it into a money making racket forcing fans to pay for irrelevant things to remain in a position to support our team , it will only get worse to Ive no doubt ,eg a father of two who’s enjoyed following his team with his family for the last 5 years will need to fork out on all the strips to remain in that position is just around the corner 

A money making racket is all it is. Basically charging you for what they done in the past for nothing, simple as that. I would rather they just were a bit more up front and just put my season ticket up to be honest.

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

In other words the club don’t want it..

If the capacity increase plan that was in the papers happens, surely then it should be implemented

Hopefully when everything is back to normal fans will start pushing for it again.

Cant see it happening within the next couple of years at least unfortunately, until the museum, fan zone etc. is complete presuming we can get planning approval.

2 minutes ago, Rum Ham said:

Hopefully when everything is back to normal fans will start pushing for it again.

Cant see it happening within the next couple of years at least unfortunately, until the museum, fan zone etc. is complete presuming we can get planning approval.

Should be a priority over those two imo

1 minute ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Summed it perfectly in two sentences, @Louden_Greg what are your thoughts on this?

Genuinely. If you do not agree with it, how do you plan to raise this point with the board and where will it be possible for the conversation and outcome to be documented?  

It's not like there are one or two grumbles about this - the majority of fans (including those who are unaffected by the decision) are unhappy about the general position from the board that those who 'have' will be rewarded and those who are struggling, well, tough cookie. Regardless of loyalty shown over previous years.

I don't have a season ticket and rarely can I attend matches so this does not affect me, and it's abundantly clear that fans from across the board are not happy with this, why is this not being addressed?

The club introduced mygers as in every piece of fan engagement done in recent years there was an overwhelming desire for the club to acknowledge fan loyalty in some form (particularly in relation to ticket access).

Throughout that engagement process we investigated various options and ended up in a position where MyGers points reflects/rewards behaviors that benefit Rangers Football Club.  

Under those terms its fair and appropriate that a financial sacrifice made of £100+ should be acknowledged. 

I am in discussions every day with various departments within the club and have shared feedback with executive directors.

2 hours ago, Louden_Greg said:

My role isn’t to be someone who ‘defends the fans’ in any public forum/press.  If I challenge the club on an issue it will never be in public. That’s not what SLOs are here to do. 

the ticket monopoly point is not accurate.  I’ve dealt with this point many times and I’m a little surprised it’s brought up given that it’s obviously not true. Hypothetically discussing how a system can be exploited is not the same as exploiting that system. I once had a guy shout at me over having all the tickets for a Killie away game when we had both stands and there were dozens of tickets going outside - you have to laugh (for the record i didn’t even take a Extra staff ticket for that game)

my role is extremely varied. Just under 100 people applied for my job and they decided I was the best candidate for the role. I have experience in fans politics, businesses targeted at Rangers fans, I’m well educated and I have a high level of patience which is essential in the role. Though I believe my passion and enthusiasm for the club and fanbase were what put me to the head of the queue

having done my job for 3 years now I think I’ve improved year on year (as you would expect) and the club has, on the whole, embraced what is functionally a new role within the club. No disrespect to anyone by my job is different to anything that came before at the club. 

I will engage with contrary fans regularly. It’s important that views are understood. Even if I don’t agree I think it’s important to understand where fans are coming from.  

I have a public email, phone number,  and twitter account. It’s very easy to get in contact with me. Granted that brings issues in that the volume at times can be so high that I can’t reply to every message which is something we need to resolve. But I’m available and approachable. 

I think we have made great strides in the last few seasons but it’s Rangers. We always need to be striving for better.

my job isn’t a popularity contest. I’m not elected. I’m employed. I need to convey fans interests into the club and vice versa. My role provides great opportunities for fan engagement but it’s a two way street. I read and act on many complaints coming in publicly but If fans take the steps to let the club know it can carry more weight. 

Agree with most of above but the bit highlighted in bold is a bit disrespectful to the other candidates who are very passionate as well in their love of the club.

That said, fair play for coming on to answer questions etc...

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

@Louden_Greg Can you explain why someone who has held a ST for 10+ years but opted to get a refund is deemed to be less 'loyal' than someone who got one for the first time last summer but isn't taking a refund?

They aren't deemed to be less loyal.  That is a bit of a false narrative to take.

Points don't equal how loyal a fan is.  They indicate a measure of historic and current activities that have benefited Rangers and awarded points for doing so.  Not every positive activity will have points awarded to it.  

For instance in your example the person with a long ST history will undoubtedly have a larger MyGers points total than the supporter who has sacrificed their refund but only has had a ST for one season.  

8 minutes ago, MisterC said:

Agree with most of above but the bit highlighted in bold is a bit disrespectful to the other candidates who are very passionate as well in their love of the club.

That said, fair play for coming on to answer questions etc...

I'm sure they were, and it was not my intention to suggest that any other applying was less of a fan or any other such accusation.

To put it in context - the final candidates were all given the same interview broadly and I'm told that everyone was quite impressive.  There was a question related to what you would do day one in the job and I went on a little bit of a rant about various aspects that we had to improve and what I think should be done and why it was important.  I'm told it was the answer to that question in that way that got the job. That's all I was referring to.

8 minutes ago, The Dude said:

@Louden_Greg Can you explain why someone who has held a ST for 10+ years but opted to get a refund is deemed to be less 'loyal' than someone who got one for the first time last summer but isn't taking a refund?

Struggling to see the sense in this post. 

If you bought something at 75% of the price would you expect the same amount of points that someone that’s paid 100%. 

It’s an uproar either way, shite situation as well but I think the 25 point bonus is actually ok. 

@Louden_Greg  You have stated a few times the 25 point credit for ST holders not claiming a refund, but not joining mygers will have  that banked for when they do join. Will the points still accrue on my ST each time I enter stadium if I am not on the scheme and if I eventually joined would all these be credited? 

Or just the 25 for not asking for a refund? 

Further to this has any more discussion happened with the club surrounding recognition for the fans not asking for refund, but not willing or able to join mygers? Please note this does not have to be in the way of points or monetary, I am sure the club can think of another way of rewarding this loyalty.

5 minutes ago, Louden_Greg said:

They aren't deemed to be less loyal.  That is a bit of a false narrative to take.

Points don't equal how loyal a fan is.  They indicate a measure of historic and current activities that have benefited Rangers and awarded points for doing so.  Not every positive activity will have points awarded to it.  

For instance in your example the person with a long ST history will undoubtedly have a larger MyGers points total than the supporter who has sacrificed their refund but only has had a ST for one season.  

There is global pandemic and that hasn’t been factored into the decision making. That’s the issue and it’s not a false narrative, it’s how the majority of fans are feeling. 

1 minute ago, ChampionsAgain said:

Struggling to see the sense in this post. 

If you bought something at 75% of the price would you expect the same amount of points that someone that’s paid 100%. 

It’s an uproar either way, shite situation as well but I think the 25 point bonus is actually ok. 

I wouldn't expect someone to be effectively be punished in what we're told is a 'loyalty' scheme for taking a refund they are entitled to.

I've the club wanted to 'reward' those who let them keep their cash, give them a voucher for the megastore or reduced RTV or something. To give them additional points in a scheme designed to reward 'loyalty', it's a slap in the face to anyone who had to put their own finances ahead of leaving money with a fitba club.

8 minutes ago, Louden_Greg said:

So the points in a 'loyalty' scheme dont indicate loyalty?

And how far back are 'historic' activities receiving points for?

2 minutes ago, Dan Deacon said:

@Louden_Greg  You have stated a few times the 25 point credit for ST holders not claiming a refund, but not joining mygers will have  that banked for when they do join. Will the points still accrue on my ST each time I enter stadium if I am not on the scheme and if I eventually joined would all these be credited? 

Or just the 25 for not asking for a refund? 

Further to this has any more discussion happened with the club surrounding recognition for the fans not asking for refund, but not willing or able to join mygers? Please note this does not have to be in the way of points or monetary, I am sure the club can think of another way of rewarding this loyalty.

You earn points for everything - so yeah every time you enter its added to your file.  You can 'activate' those points by signing up to mygers from as little as £15 if you take the £25 gesture voucher.

The current position is that with the £25 voucher and additional points is the offer but we can look at that as time goes on.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

So the points in a 'loyalty' scheme dont indicate loyalty?

And how far back are 'historic' activities receiving points for?

Initially 5 seasons, so back to Warburton's first season - its all in the FAQ.  Worth a read!

Above it has been mentioned that mygers has came about because people want something that can track "loyalty", but the fi at thing you do is charge people to be part of this scheme.

Is there a break down of how many points you get for different products?

6 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

There is global pandemic and that hasn’t been factored into the decision making. That’s the issue and it’s not a false narrative, it’s how the majority of fans are feeling. 

I disagree.  The fact there is a global pandemic merely underlines the sacrifice made by those supporters who have left the money with the club purely to benefit Rangers.  Acknowledging that is important imo

Just now, j1mgg said:

Above it has been mentioned that mygers has came about because people want something that can track "loyalty", but the fi at thing you do is charge people to be part of this scheme.

Is there a break down of how many points you get for different products?

Most large clubs have a paid for membership scheme - and it harkens back to an earlier point about having to bridge the financial gap between us and them.  Of course there is a commercial aspect to the membership but that means that we need to ensure we provide value for that investment.

Breakdown is in the FAQ - please note that you can only earn points from a tour once a year so anyone planning on gaming it that way can think again :)  Additionally you can only earn one set of points per game - you can't buy 4 friendly tickets and get 4 times the points for instance.

1 minute ago, Louden_Greg said:

I disagree.  The fact there is a global pandemic merely underlines the sacrifice made by those supporters who have left the money with the club purely to benefit Rangers.  Acknowledging that is important imo

disgraceful post - some people are able to financially leave their money with the club, the lucky ones, I know supporters who are really struggling to survive and need every penny they can get

44 minutes ago, Louden_Greg said:

The club introduced mygers as in every piece of fan engagement done in recent years there was an overwhelming desire for the club to acknowledge fan loyalty in some form (particularly in relation to ticket access).

Throughout that engagement process we investigated various options and ended up in a position where MyGers points reflects/rewards behaviors that benefit Rangers Football Club.  

Under those terms its fair and appropriate that a financial sacrifice made of £100+ should be acknowledged. 

I am in discussions every day with various departments within the club and have shared feedback with executive directors.

Get me on the season ticket waiting list cheers 😂

Just now, Lord Lockin said:

disgraceful post - some people are able to financially leave their money with the club, the lucky ones, I know supporters who are really struggling to survive and need every penny they can get

I don't think anyone has any issue with any supporter who needs the money back taking it.  There is no shame in that and we have all been there and I'm happy the club made the decision to offer refunds when our terms and conditions probably didn't require it.

But that has no bearing on the fact that those who left the money with the club have made a sacrifice that has benefited Rangers - that's an objective fact.

Archived