40K Season Tickets Renewed - Updated.

Timing of the announcement is interesting - and the sudden offer of extra points for MyGers - wondered what triggered it??

Maybe a lot of people are asking for refunds or maybe MyGers isn't reaching the numbers expected but clearly something has prompted it 

Going by this forum not many are applying for refunds, but every season ticket holder I know personally has actually applied - so I'm guessing it's maybe the former that is worrying the commercial team, rather than the latter - but who knows?

At the moment I wouldn't trust any information coming out of the club, which is a pretty sad state of affairs.

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I'm happy to stand corrected, for 2nd time ☺. I took the following from website to mean after paying off rather than paying for the ST👍

Please note, if you are purchasing your Season Ticket by Credit Finance, you will need to purchase your membership after purchasing your Season Ticket. You will still get your discount on your Membership

Just means it can’t be done in the one transaction 

6 hours ago, Mr Soprano said:

I defend him when people are giving him unnecessary stick but that quote literally flies in the face of what is happening.

I disagree. People were saying the club were going to ensure anyone going for a refund would never be allowed an away or semi-final ticket again and there would be black marks on their files etc. 

the club have decided following feedback from various stakeholders to reward those who chose to leave the funds with the club. It’s not about punishing those who receive their refund but acknowledging that those that left the funds with the club made a sacrifice. 

so either you get circa £125 or you get 25 points. No one is left with no acknowledgement for the season not being finished. 

7 minutes ago, TartanTeddy said:

Timing of the announcement is interesting - and the sudden offer of extra points for MyGers - wondered what triggered it??

Maybe a lot of people are asking for refunds or maybe MyGers isn't reaching the numbers expected but clearly something has prompted it 

Going by this forum not many are applying for refunds, but every season ticket holder I know personally has actually applied - so I'm guessing it's maybe the former that is worrying the commercial team, rather than the latter - but who knows?

At the moment I wouldn't trust any information coming out of the club, which is a pretty sad state of affairs.

I have no clue what sort of numbers the club were expecting re- MyGers but if that has reached 16k alongside a spectacular 32k season books if these are fact that is tremendous.

14 minutes ago, pcbear said:

I have no clue what sort of numbers the club were expecting re- MyGers but if that has reached 16k alongside a spectacular 32k season books if these are fact that is tremendous.

Nope, neither do I, and no idea where we were with season tickets at an equivalent point last year (given Covid, that's probably impossible to define).

I've renewed my season, a bit reluctantly, but will come off the CCCS scheme, as it now has minimal value in guaranteeing semi final or final tickets, and I'll pick and choose cup games and European matches. I work away a bit, so in the long run it'll save me a fair few pounds, as I used to take every home ticket so that I would get access to final tickets and give away the seat for games I couldn't make. 

The club trying to get me to pay an extra £40 in the midst of the Covid crisis, will probably now lose them £100/£200 on tickets,  depending on how many home cup ties I miss, plus if I take the refund from last season, it's getting to quite a significant amount.

But I'm just a customer to them, and I'm going to start treating them that way until I feel like they actually value loyalty.

9 minutes ago, Louden_Greg said:

I disagree. People were saying the club were going to ensure anyone going for a refund would never be allowed an away or semi-final ticket again and there would be black marks on their files etc. 

the club have decided following feedback from various stakeholders to reward those who chose to leave the funds with the club. It’s not about punishing those who receive their refund but acknowledging that those that left the funds with the club made a sacrifice. 

so either you get circa £125 or you get 25 points. No one is left with no acknowledgement for the season not being finished. 

I’d say people needing a refund starting 25 points behind is as good as a black mark and will obviously result in being behind for away games, semi finals and finals ,

even although they’ve showed the same level of loyalty over the years as someone luckily in the position to not need the refund ,

I didn’t take the refund but I think this is ridiculous, people predicted comeback  , you relaxed them by saying the “paranoia was tedious” , it turns out the they were bang on all along 

13 minutes ago, TartanTeddy said:

Nope, neither do I, and no idea where we were with season tickets at an equivalent point last year (given Covid, that's probably impossible to define).

I've renewed my season, a bit reluctantly, but will come off the CCCS scheme, as it now has minimal value in guaranteeing semi final or final tickets, and I'll pick and choose cup games and European matches. I work away a bit, so in the long run it'll save me a fair few pounds, as I used to take every home ticket so that I would get access to final tickets and give away the seat for games I couldn't make. 

The club trying to get me to pay an extra £40 in the midst of the Covid crisis, will probably now lose them £100/£200 on tickets,  depending on how many home cup ties I miss, plus if I take the refund from last season, it's getting to quite a significant amount.

But I'm just a customer to them, and I'm going to start treating them that way until I feel like they actually value loyalty.

Our DNA is loyalty to the core which has been proven time and time again since the 2012 attempted murder of our club, without having the untold riches of the overhyped  EPL  the guys trying to make money for our club have to be a bit creative, we are not a tourist support so they will have to respect our fantastic backing.

12 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

I’d say people needing a refund starting 25 points behind is as good as a black mark and will obviously result in being behind for away games, semi finals and finals ,

even although they’ve showed the same level of loyalty over the years as someone luckily in the position to not need the refund ,

I didn’t take the refund but I think this is ridiculous, people predicted comeback  , you relaxed them by saying the “paranoia was tedious” , it turns out the they were bang on all along 

Iirc my post was specifically over a poster saying he believed his refund form would be ‘lost’.  That’s the type of comment I found very strange. 

I don’t agree it’s a black mark - 25 points is the same as an RTV sub or 5 league games attended.  It is a reward but MyGers points are there to reward actions that benefit the club. Leaving the money unequivocally benefits the club so it is a fitting offer in that sense 

6 minutes ago, Louden_Greg said:

Iirc my post was specifically over a poster saying he believed his refund form would be ‘lost’.  That’s the type of comment I found very strange. 

I don’t agree it’s a black mark - 25 points is the same as an RTV sub or 5 league games attended.  It is a reward but MyGers points are there to reward actions that benefit the club. Leaving the money unequivocally benefits the club so it is a fitting offer in that sense 

What about ST holders who have been paying year in , year out for 30+ years who have no interest in Mygers and didn’t claim refund?

Their loyalty ignored? Not an uber fan?

26 minutes ago, weeguy said:

What about ST holders who have been paying year in , year out for 30+ years who have no interest in Mygers and didn’t claim refund?

Their loyalty ignored? Not an uber fan?

Pay £50 and your loyalty will be rewarded mate.  

Pretty impressive number of season ticket renewals considering the economy is fucked. It seems that despite the huge financial hit of the Covid virus our support who can afford to  have backed the Club  yet again.  

Nobody wants to lose their seats and nobody wants to walk away. I dare say there are some supporters who can't afford to renew and I feel bad for them. Must be heart breaking to lose your  seat.

I hope yous all come back soon and that Rangers boost you up the waiting list when you can afford it.

Your loyalty should be rewarded. 

Just now, MorelosRangers said:

Those who have to give up their seat because of covid shouldn't be put to the back of the queue should they for example want a ST within the next 2 years.

There should be a window for them to claim their ST back.

Now yer talking 👍🏻👏🏻😂

1 hour ago, Louden_Greg said:

you can try and sugar coat it all you want -  anyone taking the refund is getting victimised - end of

24 minutes ago, MorelosRangers said:

Those who have to give up their seat because of covid shouldn't be put to the back of the queue should they for example want a ST within the next 2 years.

There should be a window for them to claim their ST back.

Given they will have a large number of historic MyGers points by being a ST holder I think they would be near the top of the queue 

Having a difference between people who could and couldn't afford it is massively poor during a global pandemic. 

If you want to reward supporters, why not do it when people haven't had financial constraints. 

I know you don't make the decisions, but make sure you pass back the feedback to those who do that it's fucking disgusting. 

Loyalty is loyalty. 

Some of these people have supported the Club through the worst times. But because, during a global pandemic, they asked for some help back they won't be rewarded?

Fucking rotten. 

Just now, GabrielTomato said:

Having a difference between people who could and couldn't afford it is massively poor during a global pandemic. 

If you want to reward supporters, why not do it when people haven't had financial constraints. 

I know you don't make the decisions, but make sure you pass back the feedback to those who do that it's fucking disgusting. 

Loyalty is loyalty. 

Some of these people have supported the Club through the worst times. But because, during a global pandemic, they asked for some help back they won't be rewarded?

Fucking rotten. 

Btw, I'm due 25 points because I could afford it. If I could give them  to someone ( @ForeverAndEver ) who couldn't afford them I would.

Do you not see that what your saying confirms what posters are saying , Mygers is rewarding people not taking refunds ! The opposite and equal side of that is people taking refunds are being punished ! Now please dont give the company answer , your position is to go to the club with fans points , what is your personal view on that? Do you think that is fair ? 

7 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Do you not see that what your saying confirms what posters are saying , Mygers is rewarding people not taking refunds ! The opposite and equal side of that is people taking refunds are being punished ! Now please dont give the company answer , your position is to go to the club with fans points , what is your personal view on that? Do you think that is fair ? 

The club have intentionally made it harder for fans to take the refund than they should. Then waiting weeks to tell people they could potentially be missing out on certain tickets because they had to take a refund is ridiculous.

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

The club have intentionally made it harder for fans to take the refund than they should. Then waiting weeks to tell people they could potentially be missing out on certain tickets because they had to take a refund is ridiculous.

I quoted Greg about his claims it had to be in writing and an email not counting weeks ago mate but as usual he ignores awkward questions , the fact the club made a deal about going paperless this year too then pulled this stunt just makes it more laughable 

3 hours ago, Louden_Greg said:

What if you don't sign up to mygers and don't claim a refund, what do you get as acknowledgement then?

I would like the picnic with Broxi. I don't want his family there though because I find them particularly annoying to look at 

Just had my occasional look at social media to see the feeling on the refund, MYGers points scenario , between here and their Greg has plenty disgruntled views to take back to the club, afterwards hopefully the club will see the bears point of view and won’t discriminate against fans financial situation and we’ll all start off on the points we earned the past 5 years following our team 

Archived