What ever happened to rosettes?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know that fashions and tastes change in almost everything - these days, you notice practically every fan wears a team jersey from one era or another, many the latest offering.  If you look at old pi

This sold IDK for how much  on line  Vintage Glasgow Rangers FC Rosette from the early 1970's (possibly late 1960's??) RARE in magnificent condition

I used to know a guy who's family used to make football rosettes amongst other football related stuff and would sell them at games across the country. He told me his biggest sales by far were The

Posted Images

I don’t get how the filth get to hold up scarves En-masse (in Mass?)  as if they are the only ones who do it, and as a result we don’t. They’ll probably try to Nick the bouncy so we don’t do it anymore.

Nothing to do with rosettes, just an aside into football behaviour. 

Regarding clappers : I’m sure I saw a few at a Hearts match that was televised in the last few years.

Gmajor1991 likes this

They were called rattles & were banned in the 70s incase they were used as weapons.

In actual fact it was just 'weapons' that used them. 

Apart from the noise, you didn't really want to spend the game avoiding some wooden rattle being swung around inches from you when you're trying to watch what was happening on the pitch.

image.thumb.png.2179c891ec55996faf7c716b2644012c.png

6 hours ago, The Widow's Son said:

I know that fashions and tastes change in almost everything - these days, you notice practically every fan wears a team jersey from one era or another, many the latest offering.  If you look at old pictures, you see quite a few of the punters wearing shirt and tie, plenty of bunnets, the odd pipe too.  And what ever happened to rosettes?  I had a Rangers rosette all those years ago and many others did too - you almost never see a Rangers rosette these days although I have seen some tasty King William rosettes through the years.  And those heavy wooden "rickets" that made such a noise when you swung them.  Come away the Rangers!!

We give Rosettes to dogs and horses now, don't see much need for the things these days unless you are campaigning for your council election or GM seat.

rbt1548 likes this
  • 7 months later...

Always called them ratchets. 

Am sure there were only just the odd times seen at our games in the late sixties, but are always highlighted in Pathe News reels, especially English cup finals of the late 50s, early  60s. Usually a wee posh guy with his dad shouting "Play up the Spurs" or similar.

Were used all the way back to 20s and 30s.

35b88d4cf23f7724afb1c296827ce215.jpg

d037f01ed3ca7e24518a36bae0bd8339.jpg

7 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Always called them ratchets. 

Am sure there were only just the odd times seen at our games in the late sixties, but are always highlighted in Pathe News reels, especially English cup finals of the late 50s, early  60s. Usually a wee posh guy with his dad shouting "Play up the Spurs" or similar.

Were used all the way back to 20s and 30s.

35b88d4cf23f7724afb1c296827ce215.jpg

d037f01ed3ca7e24518a36bae0bd8339.jpg

Wtf you twat

TamCoopz likes this