What ever happened to rosettes?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

28 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

Cock rings???

Would be too small for most folk, not that I'm suggesting you might be less than well endowed. 

When you got there early with a carry out and started opening cans, you broke them apart and you could flick them around like wee helicopters and they'd travel up to about 60 feet, totally harmless, but filled in time till the game got started. We were easily amused in those days. 

I've got my Rangers Till I Die one that Bears from Ulster were selling to raise money during admin.

Theres probably not a lot of old rosettes kicking about cause they're just cheap things made with paper and cardboard and a bit of material so they won't last like the old silk scarfs you see do for example.

22 minutes ago, Willis said:

I've got my Rangers Till I Die one that Bears from Ulster were selling to raise money during admin.

Theres probably not a lot of old rosettes kicking about cause they're just cheap things made with paper and cardboard and a bit of material so they won't last like the old silk scarfs you see do for example.

That's the ones in the photo above of Dave Healy's dad. Look after it, Keep it in a box or sealed container with a silica gel.to keep it from getting damp, and some lavender and/or moth balls to prevent creepie crawlies.  It'll have a fair bit of historical and sentimental worth. 

1 hour ago, tannerall said:

That's the ones in the photo above of Dave Healy's dad. Look after it, Keep it in a box or sealed container with a silica gel.to keep it from getting damp, and some lavender and/or moth balls to prevent creepie crawlies.  It'll have a fair bit of historical and sentimental worth. 

It's sitting pinned to a noteboard in my spare room 😅 might have to find a better spot for it

No pyro back in the late sixties, but on a really cold night at the quieter games there'd sometimes be a wee fire from bits of cardboard and stuff, usually left by the man with the spearmint chewing gum and spam rolls.  

No health and safety issues back then. 

7 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

image.jpeg.c8ae5f3ee00f1d723172964657fb2041.jpeg

Heritage, history and fun. 

All very important things to most Gers fans. 

Our traditions and memories should always be respected, and most importantly enjoyed. it's what made us the team and support we are. 

54 and counting.

We've boldly gone where no team has before......................

17 minutes ago, My Fathers Scarf said:

Used to have to open your beer tin with one of these.

image.png.d6ebf7a85c820154423793d050c0fe33.pngimage.png.0214af96f5453f4cd60c3d0e7686966d.png

We used to take quite an assortment of dangerous weapons in to games, bottles, cans, can openers, that's why we had no room for those ratchet things. Police seldom searched or stopped us. 

Corkscrews weren't needed as we weren't posh when it came to fortified wine of choice. Screwtops were the thing.

Then there was the toilet rolls. Every public toilet in Partick, Ibrox and surrounding area was missing those by the time the game started. 

3 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

3B629DBB-458D-4C3F-85D5-08937B212295.thumb.jpeg.cd94710fe76c5901cf8854fb8c8df559.jpeg

Used to have a blue hard hat covered in stickers and self painted with Stein, Johnston etc

This American version is the nearest I can find but you get the idea. Loads of them at Ibrox in the 70s.

God knows what happened to it.

Aye to protect from flying wine bottles 🤣

Not that I’m old enough to have witnessed this but Ive heard the stories 

Archived