Werder Bremen vs Rangers 2008

Essandoh

39 mins in to the second video for the best save I’ve seen from a Rangers goalkeeper in my lifetime. I was a bairn when Goram stopped Van Hooijdonk.

Look at how much of a defensive unit we were that season. Every player knows where they need to be, and ordinary but professional players like Christian Dailly ended up being vital in these games.

Ah, Walter.

I actually think you could argue that save was better than Goram’s given they were a massive step up in quality (they were then what Leverkusen are now with player standard)

The best tie of the whole run that was for me.  Loved being confident in our defending.

Really need to find another Weir type to come in and settle our team down.  

4 minutes ago, kanjo said:

I actually think you could argue that save was better than Goram’s given they were a massive step up in quality (they were then what Leverkusen are now with player standard)

The best tie of the whole run that was for me.  Loved being confident in our defending.

Really need to find another Weir type to come in and settle our team down.  

I think that could be Goldson

image.gif.e016c76ec417e270396785f06096878c.gif

The last bus trip I done (before Progres last summer) 

Left the District Bar, got dropped off at Rotterdam somewhere. 

My Dad worked in a Rotterdam shipping port/yard at the time, so headed through to his pad at Breille (wee town just outside Rotterdam) and him and the guys from his yard put on a coach to Bremen for it. 

Halfway from Rotterdam to Bremen on their coach, my Dad comes upto me and asks when I'm dishing out the tickets.

WHAT FUCKING TICKETS?!?!?

I mind he asked me saying if I could get him 16 but I told him no chance as it was back in the days of Travel Club and named-only members having to submit travel itinerary's. Serious crossed wires somewhere.

I've got a coach with 16+ ticketless Bears who all somehow got told I had tickets for them all. C'mon to fuck man.

Anyway, got to Bremen, managed to pull a few strings, taxi to team hotel and got 16+ tickets off Douglas Park via someone (or it might have been a dozen and the rest off someone else, can't really mind exactly).

Got them all anyway, and was well warned give them to folk who would behave etc, - understood - no problems. 

Gave everyone their tickets in the boozer just off Bremen square. My Dad pops over pished and slurs "when you dishing out the tickets" ... I gave him his first and he lost his the wee goon.

Managed to squeeze him into the game pushing him through the turnstiles. 

Bus for Glasgow was leaving after the game, got dragged back on my Dad's bus, back to his flat. He was working next morning, he came back from work at night with an envelope. 360 Euros in it and a business class KLM flight back to Glasgow in time for the Kris Boyd cup final against Dundee United on the Sunday. 

The 360 Euros was what was left in the kitty, a whip round and one of the guys on the bus was a manager and used some points or something to get me home in style rather than that killer of a bus journey home after the game. Was such a nice touch by them all. 

3 hours ago, British_Empire said:

The last bus trip I done (before Progres last summer) 

Left the District Bar, got dropped off at Rotterdam somewhere. 

My Dad worked in a Rotterdam shipping port/yard at the time, so headed through to his pad at Breille (wee town just outside Rotterdam) and him and the guys from his yard put on a coach to Bremen for it. 

Halfway from Rotterdam to Bremen on their coach, my Dad comes upto me and asks when I'm dishing out the tickets.

WHAT FUCKING TICKETS?!?!?

I mind he asked me saying if I could get him 16 but I told him no chance as it was back in the days of Travel Club and named-only members having to submit travel itinerary's. Serious crossed wires somewhere.

I've got a coach with 16+ ticketless Bears who all somehow got told I had tickets for them all. C'mon to fuck man.

Anyway, got to Bremen, managed to pull a few strings, taxi to team hotel and got 16+ tickets off Douglas Park via someone (or it might have been a dozen and the rest off someone else, can't really mind exactly).

Got them all anyway, and was well warned give them to folk who would behave etc, - understood - no problems. 

Gave everyone their tickets in the boozer just off Bremen square. My Dad pops over pished and slurs "when you dishing out the tickets" ... I gave him his first and he lost his the wee goon.

Managed to squeeze him into the game pushing him through the turnstiles. 

Bus for Glasgow was leaving after the game, got dragged back on my Dad's bus, back to his flat. He was working next morning, he came back from work at night with an envelope. 360 Euros in it and a business class KLM flight back to Glasgow in time for the Kris Boyd cup final against Dundee United on the Sunday. 

The 360 Euros was what was left in the kitty, a whip round and one of the guys on the bus was a manager and used some points or something to get me home in style rather than that killer of a bus journey home after the game. Was such a nice touch by them all. 

The part about the Dundee Utd cup final just reminded how every game in the second half of that season seemed massive :lol: 

don’t think I will experience a season with that much emotion again . Incredible.

1 minute ago, cr3_bear said:

The part about the Dundee Utd cup final just reminded how every game in the second half of that season seemed massive :lol: 

don’t think I will experience a season with that much emotion again . Incredible.

I know. I thought we'd see it over the line, but that day at Fir Park after going 1-0 up killed us in the end. That was the start of it and just couldn't see it out.

1 hour ago, simplythebest said:

He did well in that 6 month spell don’t think he should have been kept on another year though 

Messed up badly in Kaunas as well 

Remember the midfield 4 at the home game.

Jig, Dailly, Thomson, Adam

:anguish: 

1 minute ago, Essandoh said:

Fucking hell who remembers Shogun :lol: 

In the early days of YouTube there wasn’t that many Rangers related videos about and then he popped up. Weirdest discovery ever!

Archived