Halo Infinite (delayed to 2021)

CR3

0A41BE6C-A76C-47B9-9110-8EDB95407DB7.png

Was due to be out at the end of year as the Series X release title but now it's been held back, like everything else this year..

New game engine and back to classic art style, the last few were a bit shite so hopefully a return to form.

Link: https://www.theverge.com/2020/8/11/21363769/halo-infinite-delay-launch-2021-release-date-xbox-series-x

Campaign/Gameplay trailer (July)

The gameplay of Halo 5 was good, and the multiplayer is said to be spot on, but the campaign was utterly forgettable. If they can address that crucial shortcoming then it will be a winner; if not then the series will be in trouble and MS might want to consider making some changes at 343 Industries.

In any case, if it's on Gamepass then I'll be checking it out.

9 hours ago, rossDas said:

The gameplay of Halo 5 was good, and the multiplayer is said to be spot on, but the campaign was utterly forgettable. If they can address that crucial shortcoming then it will be a winner; if not then the series will be in trouble and MS might want to consider making some changes at 343 Industries.

In any case, if it's on Gamepass then I'll be checking it out.

343 industries have been incompetent since Bungie left, taking ages to make changes. They employed a bunch of ex-pro’s so hopefully it’ll be a good multiplayer out-the-box but it’s never normally the case. I’ve played them all and after 3 it was downhill, put a lot of time in. Master Chief Collection release was the most broken and worst release for the console to-date imo and I bought the One for it aswell:lol:

10 hours ago, CR3 said:

343 industries have been incompetent since Bungie left, taking ages to make changes. They employed a bunch of ex-pro’s so hopefully it’ll be a good multiplayer out-the-box but it’s never normally the case. I’ve played them all and after 3 it was downhill, put a lot of time in. Master Chief Collection release was the most broken and worst release for the console to-date imo and I bought the One for it aswell:lol:

I was a latecomer to the MCC, they probably fixed it by the time I got around to playing it - didn't realise it was that fucked upon release.

What concerns me the most is how little we've actually seen of Infinite, but maybe MS are just trying to keep their powder dry for the Series X presentations with it being a flagship title.  Guess we'll see how things are looking on the 23rd.

3 hours ago, Getstiffed said:

Slightly related Halo 3 on PC is brilliant if anyone is interested.

Aye I just bought it for £6.99 mate. Looking forward to playing it tbh even though my PC isn’t exactly high spec in the slightest. Hopefully it’ll be smooth enough.

1 minute ago, CR3 said:

Aye I just bought it for £6.99 mate. Looking forward to playing it tbh even though my PC isn’t exactly high spec in the slightest. Hopefully it’ll be smooth enough.

Anything half decent should be able to handle it mate

10 minutes ago, CR3 said:

Delayed to 2021 folks, what a pish year for new game releases but what can ye do.

@Getstiffed @rossDas - https://www.theverge.com/2020/8/11/21363769/halo-infinite-delay-launch-2021-release-date-xbox-series-x 

Looks like it needs the extra time, if that eight-minute demo is anything to go by. 

Archived