Stewart Robertson.... Again

falkirkNS

15 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

I meant for him to get Graham to try to dig us out the hole which Robertson dug.

I'd like to think so but on this occasion I think it's best to say fuck all all else incase of further damage against us. And let's be clear its us the fans who are getting it stinking right now for no fucking reason. Robertson has washed his hands clean of us.

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, 6superbarry6 said:

I’m pretty sure nobody said that, what was said is that Robertson’s statement left it wide open for them to twist it to suit their anti Rangers agenda, which is exactly what has happened 

You'd be wrong then. There's been people arguing in this thread that the statement blamed us.

I see nothing wrong with Robertson's comments; the problem we have is the narrative has been twisted already.

The club need to be clear in their statements and have little ambiguity.

What is also concerning is the number of racists on this thread who can't differentiate between BLM (Group) and BLM the actual point.  BLM is not a new thing; go back to 2015 and Anthony Bourdain had a part of his Parts Unknown show when in San Francisco on it.

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Anyone whose interpretation of that statement is that Robertson accused Rangers fans of racially abusing Goldson or Morelos is a fucking idiot.

Nobody is misinterpreting it. The fact is it was poorly written and left a wide open goal for the media to fit their own narrative around it . Which is exactly what has panned out . 

This is what has been pointed out to numerous times but each time you seem more interested in playing the man rather than the ball and more concerned about getting involved in petty arguements

23 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I might well know about it if you say which one it is you're on about. I cant say I know which one you're talking about it you dont say which one it is.

Simply saying a 'racially motivated murder around the same time' is vague as fuck and doesn't particularly suggest you know anything about any specific one.

:lol:

You know fuck all

And then end the reply with "no u".

How the fuck are you ever employed is beyond me.

Go save a fucken kitten in a tree superman.

Just now, cr3_bear said:

Nobody is misinterpreting it. The fact is it was poorly written and left a wide open goal for the media to fit their own narrative around it . Which is exactly what has panned out . 

This is what has been pointed out to numerous times but each time you seem more interested in playing the man rather than the ball and more concerned about getting involved in petty arguements

It's not poorly written. So far, I've had the word "some"  and a few randomly bolded ones offered up as the offending one which makes it appear that we're to blame for the racist abuse.

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

The following sentence was also pretty apt. Surprised you missed it out.

"In this case he was referring to "Support the Troops", a refrain that separated American society into those who were either for their country or those who were opposed to it."

I was going to copy and paste the full article but my name is not blue avenger.

The piece gives a brief oversight of my own opinions on the subject if you want cast any aspersions on that.

6 minutes ago, Hoss said:

I see nothing wrong wit Robertson's comments; the problem we have is the narrative has been twisted already.

What is also concerning is the number of racists on this thread who can't differentiate between BLM (Group) and BLM the actual point.  BLM is not a new thing; go back to 2015 and Anthony Bourdain had a part of his Parts Unknown show when in San Francisco on it.

Care to name and shame the racists on this thread?

Maybe even highlight the racist comments. Cheers in advance 

3 minutes ago, Hoss said:

I see nothing wrong wit Robertson's comments; the problem we have is the narrative has been twisted already.

So anyone who disagrees with BLM is automatically a racist?

2 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

:lol:

You know fuck all

And then end the reply with "no u".

How the fuck are you ever employed is beyond me.

Go save a fucken kitten in a tree superman.

Not knowing which murder you're vaguely referring to means I shouldn't have a job? That's some fucking leap there.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Others have. Look back through the various threads or Goats wee tantrum last night.

Tbh if they all weren't shut down by creampuff I still wouldn't bother to go back and read. Can't blame them though for what they interpret it as. All about opinions at the end of the day.

10 minutes ago, Hoss said:

I see nothing wrong with Robertson's comments; the problem we have is the narrative has been twisted already.

Here’s another fucking idiot 

All this could've been avoided if Robertson kept the two distinct and seperate issues out of the same statement. We the fans wouldn't be up in arms if he just condemned the Morelos racism. Pretty simple statement but clear and concise. Then addressed the Goldson issue separately through other channels than official club PR statement to us the fans personally.

13 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Most things wrong with society nowadays boil down to the reaction in your little post and that includes racism.

Label someone a lefty,  racist, sexist, stupid or whatever to nullify their point of view so you and no one else have to listen to it, digest it and make an unbiased decision on it.

Breeds, factions, breeds hate, breeds things like racism.

I mean no disrespect to you, but congratulations :lol:

13 minutes ago, Hoss said:

tumblr_inline_mo1zd18HyZ1qz4rgp540.gif

12 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It's not poorly written. So far, I've had the word "some"  and a few randomly bolded ones offered up as the offending one which makes it appear that we're to blame for the racist abuse.

You are still arguing the fact despite what has been pointed out to you would happen has happened . 

it’s poorly written for the simple reason it left us wide open to the headlines and articles we are seeing today . Simple PR which our clubs has failed at again . 

2 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

You are still arguing the fact despite what has been pointed out to you would happen has happened . 

it’s poorly written for the simple reason it left us wide open to the headlines and articles we are seen today . Simple PR which our clubs has failed at again . 

Its poorly written because some have deliberately chosen to misinterpret it?

Just now, The Dude said:

No, it's poorly written as it allowed that misinterpretation to happen. If it were unambiguous then the spin from the media we are seeing today wouldn't have been possible.

Just now, The Dude said:

Yes . Again simple PR . You make a statement which leaves the media no wiggle room to fit their narrative . When you are a club of our standing and relationship with the media it really is quite simple stuff . 

Just now, cr3_bear said:

Yes . Again simple PR . You make a statement which leaves the media no wiggle room to fit their narrative . When you are a club of our standing and relationship with the media it really is quite simple stuff . 

So how should that statement have been worded?

Archived