Stewart Robertson.... Again

falkirkNS

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, The Dude said:

Of course it is. It's a statement from Rangers' managing director on Rangers' website. He's hardly going to be addressing celtic and Aberdeen fans there.

So why include the Morelos abuse in the same statement as he's warning some Rangers fans about their behaviour?

Can't you see how this open goal could have been easily avoided?

We all have views on this situation and everyone's points should be listened to but they're not which is half the problem here. It's one view and that's it. The one question that hasn't been asked yet and i'd love to know who will take the initiative here.

When will this taking the knee stop and who'll say ok enough is enough the point has been made?

Just now, The Beast said:

So why include the Morelos abuse in the same statement as he's warning some Rangers fans about their behaviour?

Can't you see how this open goal could have been easily avoided?

Because its all linked to racism.

Just now, Canabear said:

We all have views on this situation and everyone's points should be listened to but there not which is half the problem here. It's one view and that's it. The one question that hasn't been asked yet and i'd love to know who will take the initiative here.

When will this taking the knee stop and who'll say ok enough is enough the point has been made?

The problem is that no-one wants to be first just as no-one wants to not join in because the woke cancel culture extremists would crucify them.

1 minute ago, Canabear said:

We all have views on this situation and everyone's points should be listened to but there not which is half the problem here. It's one view and that's it. The one question that hasn't been asked yet and i'd love to know who will take the initiative here.

Won't stop until the white supremacists have all been dethroned from their positions of power and black people rule the world. If you want to go by BLM that is. :pipe:

The problem is that no-one wants to be first just as no-one wants to not join in because the woke cancel culture extremists would crucify them.

seven F1 drivers didn't take the knee at the first race afew weeks ago. Nobody was crucified.

4 minutes ago, Canabear said:

I can't imagine it will be anytime soon when players are actively still being racially abused. It's clear some fans don't like it, but I would say for the time being (and a while to come yet) it will be ongoing, I would expect it to still be ongoing when fans return to games.  

1 minute ago, The Beast said:

I get that but this has to end sometime so my question stands.

Just now, The Dude said:

Because its all linked to racism.

Weak.

There was nothing at all stopping the club making two distinct statements that would have addressed each issue separately and not allow the anti Rangers feeding frenzy in the media that we are seeing today and that will be trotted out in the future.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

seven F1 drivers didn't take the knee at the first race afew weeks ago. Nobody was crucified.

They would have been if Lewis Hamilton had gotten his way.

Just now, Dennis Reynolds said:

I can't imagine it will be anytime soon when players are actively still being racially abused. It's clear some fans don't like it, but I would say for the time being (and a while to come yet) it will be ongoing, I would expect it to still be ongoing when fans return to games. 

That will be the litmus test and that , after the first game if it's still going on , should be the last time it's done.

Just my opinion.

They would have been if Lewis Hamilton had gotten his way.

Hamilton has publicly spoken about it several times and has said he disagrees but understands their reasoning as they are firmly behind stopping racism.

Utterly scathing.

Just now, Canabear said:

That will be the litmus test and that , after the first game if it's still going on , should be the last time it's done.

Just my opinion.

I would be pretty surprised if it did stop then, I would expect it to go on for a while yet then likely ongoing, could see it replacing the give racism the red card process which has really been a bit shite. 

Hamilton has publicly spoken about it several times and has said he disagrees but understands their reasoning as they are firmly behind stopping racism.

Utterly scathing.

Was he not moaning about the length of time some folk took the knee for i.e not long enough - or was that fake news?

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

There was some subtle criticism.  Particularly from Hamilton but also the commentators who basically said that F1 should have enforced it as it wasn’t a good look.  Heard that with my own ears btw . 

Just now, The Dude said:

Utterly scathing.

So do you honestly think that if say three or four footballers in any team stood respectfully but didn't kneel they would be allowed the same understanding?

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

There was some subtle criticism.  Particularly from Hamilton but also the commentators who basically said that F1 should have enforced it as it wasn’t a good look.  Heard that with my own ears btw . 

So did I and I disagreed it should have been enforced, its hardly crucifying them or cancelling them though. 

So did I and I disagreed it should have been enforced, its hardly crucifying them or cancelling them though. 

We'll see if these drivers careers or sponsorships are impacted in time. 

4 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

If they start enforcing it then there will be problems. Big fucking problems.

Archived