Stewart Robertson.... Again

falkirkNS

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

"To be clear, if you are unable to support our players, regardless of their background, you are not welcome at Ibrox. Rangers is a club for all."

It is suggesting Goldson has been racially abused by Rangers fans. 

It's not anywhere close to suggesting Rangers fans racially abused Goldson. There isn't even any suggestion that Goldson was racially abused. The only time racial abuse is mentioned is directly in relation to Morelos.

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

"To be clear, if you are unable to support our players, regardless of their background, you are not welcome at Ibrox. Rangers is a club for all."

It is suggesting Goldson has been racially abused by Rangers fans. 

That's genuinely one of the most batshit mental things I've ever read on here. Utterly fucking mental.

6 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

That is utter bullshit.

They are saying if you can’t respect our players feelings then fuck off.

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It's not anywhere close to suggesting Rangers fans racially abused Goldson. There isn't even any suggestion that Goldson was racially abused. The only time racial abuse is mentioned is directly in relation to Morelos.

"We will work tirelessly to protect our players every single day and will not tolerate the abuse or hatred that some have had to endure in recent days." 

"To be clear, if you are unable to support our players, regardless of their background,

Who are they suggesting has abused our players if it's not Rangers fans? 

Standing behind the players who have taken a knee, why even mention that if they're not talking about Goldson? Then they go on to say if you can't back OUR players regardless of their BACKGROUND YOU are not welcome at Ibrox. 

For a supposed journalist your reading comprehension is off the scale. 

They aren't attributing blame to anyone specifically.

Saying that if fans can't back the players regardless of their background they aren't welcome isn't saying it was Rangers fans who racially abused one of our players.

The only mention of racist abuse happening is in relation to Morelos - not Goldson. They are talking about every single Rangers player who has taken a knee. Goldson isn't the only one to have taken abuse from fans over it. The bit about saying if you cant back our players regardless of background, is absolutely correct. If you can't get behind a player of any race then you aren't wanted. Not really rocket science.

Absolutely nothing wrong with my reading comprehension.

16 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

That is utter bullshit.

They are saying if you can’t respect our players feelings then fuck off.

So basically do as your told support the cause or your not welcome

5 minutes ago, sRcFoCt said:

So basically do as your told support the cause or your not welcome

Or perhaps just hold your fucking tongue and don’t divide our support, marginalise our black players and weaken us to help the filth go for their next title.

Just now, BlueThunder said:

Or hold your fucking tongue and don’t divide our support, marginalise our black players and weaken us to help the filth go for their next title.

Has Goldson been racially abused or have people disagreed with the gesture.

I don't think that the statement was particularly good insofar as  it  could be misconstrued by some that our fans  had racially abused Morelos.   I am aware that it doesn't say that as such but covering two separate issues  the way they have in this instance has not been handled well in my opinion.   

2 minutes ago, sRcFoCt said:

Has Goldson been racially abused or have people disagreed with the gesture.

I haven't seen everything on the Goldson issue but I did  read a couple of posts by a guy ranting at him which I thought was well OTT.

Just now, JCDBigBear said:

I haven't seen everything on the Goldson issue but I did  read a couple of posts by a guy ranting at him which I thought was well OTT.

see this is what I'm getting at if he was racially abused then I support him 100% 

But if it was some guy disagreeing about the kneel and black power fist thats life can't force people to agree with you.

Just now, sRcFoCt said:

see this is what I'm getting at if he was racially abused then I support him 100% 

But if it was some guy disagreeing about the kneel and black power fist thats life can't force people to agree with you.

I couldn't say whether or not he was racially abused but the guy certainly verbally abused him in his posts and went well OTT  in my opinion.   

1 minute ago, JCDBigBear said:

I couldn't say whether or not he was racially abused but the guy certainly verbally abused him in his posts and went well OTT  in my opinion.   

All folk had to do was say nothing if they had a problem. Now we have this divide which is absolutely what certain members on here and other forums want.

I wonder who will prosper if the talk is suddenly about Rangers fans being racist, about Rangers players being unhappy.... it’s almost as if something else is going on that needs covering up. 

The last few days is probably the first time I have felt properly embarrassed by some supporters of our great club.  And it’s not one or two.  Our players taking a knee or using their fist is clearly not them Supporting any sort of anti-white cause or anything.  

It’s clear that over the years black players have suffered from racist abuse and it’s even more clear that all the players at our club taking a knee or raising a fist are doing is trying to show support to their team mates or other black players around the world.   They are quite obviously not doing anything political or supporting any radical views.  The guys who have commented online under the players posts telling Goldson or whoever to get the fuck out of our club etc. are bang out of order and Stewart Robertson, as MD of our club, has every right to tell those people to fuck off and not come back.

Imagine how it must feel as a black player taking a knee to simply say you support other black players in our team or around the football community only for several (usually white) supporters to comment on your post telling you to fuck off out the club.  Or imagine how you would feel if you were a target of our club having a look at the comments to your future team mates posts.  

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

They aren't attributing blame to anyone specifically.

Saying that if fans can't back the players regardless of their background they aren't welcome isn't saying it was Rangers fans who racially abused one of our players.

The only mention of racist abuse happening is in relation to Morelos - not Goldson. They are talking about every single Rangers player who has taken a knee. Goldson isn't the only one to have taken abuse from fans over it. The bit about saying if you cant back our players regardless of background, is absolutely correct. If you can't get behind a player of any race then you aren't wanted. Not really rocket science.

Absolutely nothing wrong with my reading comprehension.

Same here. It clearly states Morelos received racial abuse. We cant mention many more details because of the police investigation. I'm sure once the pedo ira supporter is charged and in court, more will be said.

I read the Goldson part as abuse in general to our players over his stance and BLM.

As Heart and Hand stated on their podcast, Gerrard did the fist gesture, supporting his players (and other players). I haven't seen anyone criticising Gerrard, so people need to wise up and look at the bigger picture if they have an issue with our players.

The team need our fans backing ahead of a massive season.

4 hours ago, southcoastbear said:

Never been a Robertson  fan but dropped a right clanger here.

Should  leave the PR  to David Graham 

actually the statement hss been well received all over it seems.  After all. its really simple.  You are either for racism or against it.

7 hours ago, The Dude said:

Do you seriously think millionaire footballers are advocating for Marxism?

Absolutely not, they are being hoodwinked by an organisation which is intent on anarchy and division though. BLM are DEFINITELY a self proclaimed Marxist group who know the racist card will attract virtue signalers and money, lots of money.

Didnt hear anything from this arsehole when the tarriers were handed the title no protest whatsoever who the fuck does he think he is telling people  they are not welcome at a club they have supported all their lives we are the people that put money into the club what does this shitweasel contribute this shite should never been allowed into our game

3 hours ago, bobbyorr said:

actually the statement hss been well received all over it seems.  After all. its really simple.  You are either for racism or against it.

Haven’t seen anyone saying they are for racism though. 

3 hours ago, bobbyorr said:

It’s not really that simple though, me personally I think the BLM stuff is a lot of nonsense but I respect our players right to protest any way they feel necessary. I would have preferred something along the lines of the Show racism the red card campaign, I think that would have been less controversial and divisive and everybody would have got behind it and backed the players stance.

I think the statement by Robertson is left open to interpretation and that has allowed the media to misrepresent it and get the big bad racist Rangers fans headlines they crave. Should have been made clear and no room to spin it that the Goldson and Alfredo things where separate and that it was a celtic supporter who racially abused Alfredo.  The statement has done more harm than good, in my opinion it’s a PR disaster, another unforgivable fuck up by the weasel faced Robertson. 

I give it a month, before the media catch on and realise that  our players have all joined another organisation all together...then watch the shit hit the fan 😎🇬🇧

It’s a joke by the way, before all the snowflakes on here start another rant.

Archived