Stewart Robertson.... Again

falkirkNS

13 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

You don't need to find me the links I've read the coverage of it, sorry but you're scraping the barrel there. The two issues are separated in the headline, in article links and our statement. 

Jamie Borthwick on Twitter and there’s an article in the Evening Times about it.

The statement was poorly written tbh.

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Some silly people if they think it's only sections of our support annoyed at this all.

You'd be hard pushed to find any support within the UK that aren't saying similar. Rangers decided to release a statement highlighting their fan base though 

Has any other club's player had to speak out about the abuse they were receiving for doing it?

8 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

I don't think that the statement was particularly good insofar as  it  could be misconstrued by some that our fans  had racially abused Morelos.   I am aware that it doesn't say that as such but covering two separate issues  the way they have in this instance has not been handled well in my opinion.   

And this has opened the door to the media implicitly linking the two separate things, so that to an uninformed observer reading the story on say BBC it sounds like it was Rangers fans abusing Morelos.

Forgetting BLM and individual political views for a moment. I don't understand why anyone can't see that this was handled extremely poorly by the club, allowing this conflation by lazy/mischievous/malicious journalists.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Has any other club's player had to speak out about the abuse they were receiving for doing it?

Couldn't tell you if any other player has felt the need to make a social media post. I don't have instagram or twitter.

I have definitely seen supporters of many other UK clubs with the exact same views being expressed by sections of our support though 

4 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Some silly people if they think it's only sections of our support annoyed at this all.

You'd be hard pushed to find any support within the UK that aren't saying similar. Rangers decided to release a statement highlighting their fan base though 

What like Aston Villa did when their fan abused Zaha? https://www.goal.com/en/news/crystal-palace-aston-villa-condemn-disgusting-racist/9jhwnphs18vn1ok3drrs1k7a1 

Or Chelsea did with Abraham after one of their fans targeted him with abuse last year? https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49359371 

Or Liverpool did with their own fans over Origi? https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50159587 

Or Arsenal did after Son was abused? https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/12029201/arsenal-condemn-fan-for-racist-slur-against-heung-min-son-made-on-aftv 

Or West Ham? https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/apr/13/west-ham-disgusted-after-fans-are-filmed-chanting-antisemitic-abuse

Or just type in any club with the words 'condemn racist/racism' and you'll see we are not alone in taking this innovative and groundbreaking approach to tackling racism/supporting your players. In fact one club across the city is guilty by their omission, should we not be proud that our club is taking the appropriate public stance and action on this rather than lauding their 'great PR' and their ability to sweep racism under the rug. 

1 hour ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Instead of condemning the board for rightly backing our players, why not condemn the fans who have put them in that position.

Calling this a PR disaster of the boards making is fucking hilarious. 

Why did the board not separate the two?

One point is about Rangers fans disagreeing with BLM/kneeling

The other is about a filth supporter on social media racially abusing Morelos along with making terrorist supporting statements.

Why bring the two things together in one statement without clearly delineating the alleged culprits?

1 minute ago, Leeds_Bear said:

What like Aston Villa did when their fan abused Zaha? https://www.goal.com/en/news/crystal-palace-aston-villa-condemn-disgusting-racist/9jhwnphs18vn1ok3drrs1k7a1 

Or Chelsea did with Abraham after one of their fans targeted him with abuse last year? https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49359371 

Or Liverpool did with their own fans over Origi? https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50159587 

Or Arsenal did after Son was abused? https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/12029201/arsenal-condemn-fan-for-racist-slur-against-heung-min-son-made-on-aftv 

Or West Ham? https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/apr/13/west-ham-disgusted-after-fans-are-filmed-chanting-antisemitic-abuse

Or just type in any club with the words 'condemn racist/racism' and you'll see we are not alone in taking this innovative and groundbreaking approach to tackling racism/supporting your players. In fact one club across the city is guilty by their omission, should we not be proud that our club is taking the appropriate public stance and action on this rather than lauding their 'great PR' and their ability to sweep racism under the rug. 

I'm not going to read anything you've posted after seeing you immediately try to equate this Goldson post to Zaha literally being racially abused

You complete and utter fucking moron

Just now, The Beast said:

The other is about a filth supporter on social media racially abusing Morelos along with making terrorist supporting statements.

Why bring the two things together in one statement without clearly delineating the alleged culprits?

Because Robertson.

1 minute ago, The Beast said:

They did separate the two, read their statement. 

36 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Do you think think the players lack the intelligence to know what they are kneeling for?

Some of them absolutely yes.

Look at the TV pundits all initially wearing  BLM badges without having the first clue that this was a political organisation not an anti-racism campaign like kick it out. 

6 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Couldn't tell you if any other player has felt the need to make a social media post. I don't have instagram or twitter.

I have definitely seen supporters of many other UK clubs with the exact same views being expressed by sections of our support though 

The statement hasnt been prompted by fans being opposed to BLM but the abuse received by players which has led to some to speak out - as well as the racist abuse of Morelos.

Where did it say that the person abusing Morelos was not a Rangers fan?  Where did it point out that the same person also made a statement supporting a banned republican terrorist organisation ( which they could of said to infer a filth supporter)?

1 minute ago, The Beast said:

Some of them absolutely yes.

Look at the TV pundits all initially wearing  BLM badges without having the first clue that this was a political organisation not an anti-racism campaign like kick it out. 

So which Rangers players don't have the intelligence to know what they were kneeling for?

Gerrard? Tav? Hagi? Defoe? Goldson? Jack? Davis?

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

I'm not going to read anything you've posted after seeing you immediately try to equate this Goldson post to Zaha literally being racially abused

You complete and utter fucking moron

Ahh an insult, always a good strong argument. 

I'm not going down that road, if you don't understand how the two situations are similar then that's 100% on you to resolve. 

Take care. 

He meant by seperate statements/releases. Putting them together in one statement, in one speech, opened up racial criticism towards the fans when the aim should've been to condemn the Morelos racist.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

So which Rangers players don't have the intelligence to know what they were kneeling for?

Gerrard? Tav? Hagi? Defoe? Goldson? Jack? Davis?

Some of them, all of them. I don't know and neither do you.

Where did it say that the person abusing Morelos was not a Rangers fan?  Where did it point out that the same person also made a statement supporting a banned republican terrorist organisation ( which they could of said to infer a filth supporter)?

Where does it say he is?

See my earlier point, he posted an Ivory Coast flag, what other evidence is there of the club he supported?

I'm not saying I'm not annoyed that they're not being called out but there is no evidence of what club he supported because of the posters own stupidity. 

2 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Ahh an insult, always a good strong argument. 

I'm not going down that road, if you don't understand how the two situations are similar then that's 100% on you to resolve. 

Take care. 

Ignore him mate this whole scenario seems to complicated for his bigotry infested brain.

10 hours ago, Swally said:

I'm getting more and more confused by this, was it a Rangers fan that called Morelos a B B?

I u understand why you are confused. The statement from Rangers covering this and the taking the knee in the single statement opened that confusion up and the media have been only too happy to run with it. Shocking statement, should have been two separate statements with the Morelod one being much stronger. 

Just now, Leeds_Bear said:

Where does it say he is?

See my earlier point, he posted an Ivory Coast flag, what other evidence is there of the club he supported?

I'm not saying I'm not annoyed that they're not being called out but there is no evidence of what club he supported because of the posters own stupidity. 

One club in Britain have a strong love for the Ira so youre right mate hes defo been a man City fan 

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

He meant by seperate statements/releases. Putting them together in one statement, in one speech, opened up racial criticism towards the fans when the aim should've been to condemn the Morelos racist.

That would be a very strange PR strategy. We'd just then be criticised of throwing stones while living in a glass house.

This goes back to my original point,  our anger is directed at our board - but it's our fans (apparently) who have put them in a place where they HAVE to address both points in one statement. 

Where does it say he is?

Did he not also say “mon the Ra” . Maybe not a clear indication of his football club but certainly shows where his political beliefs lie .

Some of them, all of them. I don't know and neither do you.

I'm not for a second suggesting I do. I'm simply taking what has been said by players at face value rather than seeing it as some marxist/leftist/anti-british/anti-white/anti-semetic/anarchist  conspiracy that players are too thick to see through but we know what's REALLY going on. It's an utterly mental stance to take.

15 minutes ago, The Dude said:

The only reason that isn’t the case is no other club is held to the media scrutiny as ours is. Do you honestly think that no other player has had twitter messages against them taking the knee? 

Where does it say he is?

He said "up the IRA" or something very similar. Not many clubs fans identify with such statements.

You're really scraping the barrel if you are suggesting that this person was somehow connected to the ivory coast and not some pig shit thick scum suppoter who couldn't even identify his own flag.

Archived