Stewart Robertson.... Again

falkirkNS

Just now, Misteral said:

Or not think, as the case may be. 

Wow. You really are condescending.

Do you honestly believe that other people's opinions do not matter or can be discarded if they do not match your own?

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Misteral said:

The thing is if you you don't need to be in favour of it but if you actively oppose it would seem to me that there is either overt or underlying racism behind those actions.  That's how it looks to me anyway.

No easy way to put this but, If you think this way then I'm afraid you are a fucking idiot. How can you slander anyone as racist who doesn't agree with you're point of view?  Automatically assuming someone is racist and having the brass neck to even think you can tell how people think because of a stance on one issue, gies peace ffs. 

Just now, Getstiffed said:

And I've told you since you're all so concerned with the plight of black men and woman in the cities and states of the United States you should already know.

we should all have an encylopaedic knowledge of every criminal offence in the US and the motivations behind it?

There are several examples of racially motivated murder around the time of George Floyd so you'll need to give a bit more detail so we know exactly which one you're referring to.

Just now, Misteral said:

It only fosters racism in racists. 

You really don't get it.  BLM is a message to white people that they've got to stop the racist shit that happens to BAME people at the hands of white people. Nothing else.  That's what the players are saying as well.  How can all lives matter if black lives don't matter? Evidence would suggest that they don't in many peoples eyes, hence the prominence of the word black in the name, which you seem to have an issue with. 

Is this the best way of stopping racism then?

There will also be a lot of black people who are racist who get fully behind the cause because it helps to empower their racism.

All in all, it's not good to try and move forward with something so serous and important by being controversial or exclusionary.

The only effective way, and I will be honest, it will be difficult, is not seeing race and treating everyone the same.

The best way to educate people is not by pointing at them, with a large group of people behind them and call them a stupid cunt.

The best way is to say we all have to learn, and treat everyone the same right from the start.

This is when people sit up and take notice.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

we should all have an encylopaedic knowledge of every criminal offence in the US and the motivations behind it?

There are several examples of racially motivated murder around the time of George Floyd so you'll need to give a bit more detail so we know exactly which one you're referring to.

If you care that fucken much aye you should. I'm not the one barreling into every thread on the subject telling everyone they should care more.

I don't care apparently and I knew about it. What does that say about you?

You're full of shit just like all the other white people jumping on this bandwagon. Enjoy the clout.

Can't wait for all this blow over for another 4 years and then all flair up again. And in the mean time black people will still be living in communities riddled with all kinds of death and destruction.

7 minutes ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

No doubt a few taigs have hijacked it but we are kidding ourselves on if we don't think an element of our support gave Goldson and the players abuse for taking the knee, it's mostly been on social media that I have seen it and of course that does bring out all the idiots of the day but it must be extremely disheartening if you are one of our black players and you see all sorts of bullshit all because of that. 

Robertson's statement seems to have had the opposite effect to what was desired, I think they have to mention both as if they didn't then the fans would have been shouting from the rooftops about the abuse Morelos recieved and if we only talked about Morelos being abused then the media would have hit us with the pish over BLM, masters at shooting ourselves in the foot. 

I don't doubt some of us do it, but it's a minority. The impression will be that it's not.

The worse examples I've seen I'm betting it's filth. Apparently one made an arse of it and basically outed himself as a mhank that had posted numerous racist things under a Rangers banner.

55 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Screenshots taken from FF. These are disgusting. Both Catriona Stewart's headline and the DR article very clearly imply we abused Morelos. Opportunist, deceitful scumbags using racism as a stick, every bit worthy of criticism. Stewart's article especially is appalling. Know's exactly what she's doing.

Useful idiots in our support outdoing themselves. Said scumbags loving it.

1452904270_Screenshot_20200721-104204_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.5b48c6950329f18feb744da3155e1e27.jpg854264989_Screenshot_20200721-104208_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.7ba554c3737dab94b2581fff59e705e8.jpg

It’s fine . The dude tells us that the statement is crystal clear and in no way can be taken in any other context . Yet here is a prime example of some of his esteemed colleagues doing exactly what many posters have stated Robertson’s statement left us wide open to .

2 minutes ago, Nelson loyal said:

No easy way to put this but, If you think this way then I'm afraid you are a fucking idiot. How can you slander anyone as racist who doesn't agree with you're point of view?  Automatically assuming someone is racist and having the brass neck to even think you can tell how people think because of a stance on one issue, gies peace ffs. 

Nobody has come up with an alternative for me to assume otherwise.  Taking issue with the players making a gesture in support of anti-racism seems very odd to me and whiffs of underlying racism somewhere. Maybe you can help me out. 

Just now, Getstiffed said:

If you care that fucken much aye you should. I'm not the one barreling into every thread on the subject telling everyone they should care more.

I don't care apparently and I knew about it. What does that say about you?

You're full of shit just all the other white people jumping on this bandwagon. Enjoy the clout.

I might well know about it if you say which one it is you're on about. I cant say I know which one you're talking about it you dont say which one it is.

Simply saying a 'racially motivated murder around the same time' is vague as fuck and doesn't particularly suggest you know anything about any specific one.

2 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

It’s fine . The dude tells us that the statement is crystal clear and in no way can be taken in any other context . Yet here is a prime example of some of his esteemed colleagues doing exactly what many posters have stated Robertson’s statement left us wide open to .

I dont work for either of them so they are as much my 'colleagues' as Steven Gerrard and Neil Lennon are colleagues.

Just now, cr3_bear said:

This is why the statement should not have been able to have been taken any other way.

It should have been a strong message about racism and equality. The club should have reiterated it's stance with anyone everyone, and simply condemned the attack on Morelos.

The message was too general, and if it was a couple of posts on twitter that sparked the statement - the club should have stated it was a couple of posts.

Instead of lumping the whole fanbase together with a negative message.

That in my opinion was wrong.

25 minutes ago, Swally said:

As an analogy, you can be against a charity which saves the lives of children if you feel the money given is not going to where you think it should go - it doesn't mean you're a cunt that hope's that children will die.

There are lots of reasons to not support very good causes, you can believe in a message and not the way in which it has been executed.

Some people will be racist who are against the BLM campaign, however the majority wont be, and I'd say the people who are jumping to conclusions too quickly and branding people "bordernline racists" or "racist" because they do not believe in the movement are perhaps trying a bit too hard - and have to be watched themselves. Over-compensating for some reason?

I feel absolutely no guilt in not supporting the movement, because I'm safe in the knowledge knowing I am not a racist. I believe movements such as these - as we are seeing - create more racism.

This is exactly why I cannot support it.

Nobody is borderline racist for opposing the BLM organisation. Anyone telling black Rangers players that they aren't welcome at Ibrox for opposing racism is, at best, a borderline racist.

13 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Wow. You really are condescending.

Do you honestly believe that other people's opinions do not matter or can be discarded if they do not match your own?

It’s easy to vilify people if you can just dismiss their opinions out of hand without engaging your brain, It’s one of the core pillars of ‘group think’

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I dont work for either of them so they are as much my 'colleagues' as Steven Gerrard and Neil Lennon are colleagues.

Well for someone involved in journalism you seem to display a complete naivety of how the media works . People highlighted straight away what Robertson’s words left us open to yesterday but you were having none of it . Yet here we are today with it panning out exactly like they said . 

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Nobody is borderline racist for opposing the BLM organisation. Anyone telling black Rangers players that they aren't welcome at Ibrox for opposing racism is, at best, a borderline racist.

Well said. 

3 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

Well for someone involved in journalism you seem to display a complete naivety of how the media works . People highlighted straight away what Robertson’s words left us open to yesterday but you were having none of it . Yet here we are today with it panning out exactly like they said . 

Anyone whose interpretation of that statement is that Robertson accused Rangers fans of racially abusing Goldson or Morelos is a fucking idiot.

“In the early 1990s, renowned leftist academic Noam Chomsky stated on public radio that in order to create good propaganda you first come up with a slogan that nobody could possibly be against.“

https://www.bishopsstortfordindependent.co.uk/news/does-opposing-black-lives-matter-movement-make-me-a-racist-9113953/

2 minutes ago, Bigdave30 said:

“In the early 1990s, renowned leftist academic Noam Chomsky stated on public radio that in order to create good propaganda you first come up with a slogan that nobody could possibly be against.“

https://www.bishopsstortfordindependent.co.uk/news/does-opposing-black-lives-matter-movement-make-me-a-racist-9113953/

The following sentence was also pretty apt. Surprised you missed it out.

"In this case he was referring to "Support the Troops", a refrain that separated American society into those who were either for their country or those who were opposed to it."

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Anyone whose interpretation of that statement is that Robertson accused Rangers fans of racially abusing Goldson or Morelos is a fucking idiot.

I’m pretty sure nobody said that, what was said is that Robertson’s statement left it wide open for them to twist it to suit their anti Rangers agenda, which is exactly what has happened 

Archived