Gerrards European Record

Wins. 
Maribor,  Rapid Wein, Warsaw, Croatian  team can’t remember their name but good outfit. Porto, braga twice, Feyenoord, 

Draws.

young boys, Villarreal Ufa, 

This alone should give him more time, would take all these victories And European nights  over some tin pot Scottish manager potentially Giving us a league cup in last two years?

I think his European record gets over looked an I also I’m frustrated with the tims winning everything domestically but I find it hard to Belive we would be much further on with a different guy at the helm

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, billythebear1986 said:

Wins. 
Maribor, Ufa, Rapid Wein, Warsaw, Croatian  team can’t remember their name but good outfit. Porto, braga twice, Feyenoord, 

Draws.

young boys, Villarreal 

This alone should give him more time, would take all these victories And European nights  over some tin pot Scottish manager potentially Giving us a league cup in last two years?

I think his European record gets over looked an I also I’m frustrated with the tims winning everything domestically but I find it hard to Belive we would be much further on with a different guy at the helm

Wonderful record.

Needs the league this season or else.

This is obviously very quickly going to turn into talk about his domestic performance instead. But focusing purely on Europe then Gerrard has done an absolutely fantastic job in that regard. 

Don't think anyone is disagreeing with his European record and I don't think it's overlooked, its an incredible record I see praised often. 

Its funny you mention a tin pot manager delivering a Scottish cup, meant as an insult but it's still something Gerrard hasn't managed. 

I'd trade all the European 'success' to actually start winning trophies in our own country again, I don't think he deserves anymore time if we get the same thing again this time round. 

1 hour ago, Broxi said:

This is obviously very quickly going to turn into talk about his domestic performance instead. But focusing purely on Europe then Gerrard has done an absolutely fantastic job in that regard. 

Well obviously it is because he brought it up :lol: 

European record is outstanding. No one will argue that.

However domestically it's simply not been good enough. The league and the cups should be our bread and butter.  In 2 seasons we've falling apart in the league and exited the cups, making only 1 final. 

Gerrard's system works in Europe because sides want to play football.  It can work well at times in the league but it doesn't deliver the consistent results we need. We struggle against sides that we'll face 90% of the time in Scotland. Defend deep and foul like crazy sides.  He has to adjust and find a different approach when playing these sides.

I've said before maybe take a page out of Walter smith's book. He had 1 setup for Europe and 1 for Scottish football.  

1 hour ago, billythebear1986 said:

Wins. 
Maribor,  Rapid Wein, Warsaw, Croatian  team can’t remember their name but good outfit. Porto, braga twice, Feyenoord, 

Draws.

young boys, Villarreal Ufa, 

His Euro record is pretty good . It could even have been better tbh . Young boys away , Rapid and Moscow losses were hard to take

Last season was very good . Yet his domestic record is as bad as his Euro record is Good for me .

And I think you will find the majority of bears want domestic success or better still , domestic dominance . That is our bread and butter

1 hour ago, billythebear1986 said:

Nah a would rather the cup to be honest

Hes been superb in Europe  , and , something that sometimes gets forgotten , is how good we were in the league right up till the break . The collapse after New Year is still a mystery to me , and it needs addressed because another one and I doubt he'll survive .

I don't think his European record is overlooked. In fact along with his pull, I think it's the biggest reason he still has a job. Only in this tinpot league do teams sit in with 11 behind the ball for 90 minutes. I think his tactics (or Beales) are incredible to the point I think this is the most comfortable and confident I have ever felt in Europe.

I'm good at eating lettuce, I eat it all the time, lettuce, tomatoes and onions...

I'm a salad kind of guy.

I eat it in a fucking burger though, that means I eat burgers all the time - so I'm a fat fuck.

I'm a fat fuck eating fucking green shit, in a fucking burgfucker but my big fucking fat fucking fingers are too fucking fat to fucking take the fucking shite out.

I eat lettuce though.  

Archived