Welcome to Rangers, Leon Balogun

6 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

If we need experience signed as cover, why have we none as cover for both fullback positions, especially given how important our fullbacks are

Last year people wanted Patterson thrown in at Tynecastle having played 1 first team game at home to Stranraer, yet apparently we need another experienced centre half the now when wr already have edmunson and Goldson to nurture bassey and mayo

Come on mate, the spine of the team is where most would agree the strength and experience is needed. Id love it to be all 11 positions, but if it can't then I can accept it more on the flanks.

Goldson was the only experienced CH, and even he isn't the most experienced himself. Edmundson is being coached by him.

You're advocating one CH nurturing 3 others, 2 of whom I'm not even sure CH is their natural position and where they've no experience at all professionally let alone at this level. You'd be happy to run with that, I see it as potentially ruinous to our season if something happened to Edmundson or worse Goldson.

Edmundson and Bassey versus the scum, sheep, or in Europe. Holy fuck please no.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Did edmunson cost us any points last season? Probably find both tav and goldson made way more costly mistakes

You say GE isn't the answer, if not then why the hell is he here, he's 22, if he's not good enough now to play against the shite in scotland he never will be

I think he’s here as back up for Helander but he does give me the fear. Just for the record I don’t really like Helander either. I liked the Goldson / Katic  partnership. I agree about Goldson being a bomb scare sometimes but as you know he is undroppable so we need to find a suitable partner to play alongside him

3 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Hes never been a great goalscorer. 4 goals is his best return over a season. 16 goals in 260 games or something. Unless he has a purple patch, be very surprised if he scores more than a couple even being a regular.

Similar to Goldson in that regard.

I took it as a defensive goals ratio, ie goals against when he played.

9 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Because imo we didnt, certainly not a full wage signing eating into the funds for other positions

So you really think goldson,a injured helander and a raw edmundson is enough to go through most of season?

You honestly think that is enough?

27 minutes ago, Laudrup1690 said:

So you really think goldson,a injured helander and a raw edmundson is enough to go through most of season?

You honestly think that is enough?

Bassey can cover there as well, in emergencies, and while it may not be enough, we had way more important positions to deal with, we didnt fall 13 behind the tarriers post new year due to the defence (although they madr a few blunders) 

What about right back then, you happy having a raw untested youngster as the only cover for our starting right back? 

3 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Come on mate, the spine of the team is where most would agree the strength and experience is needed. Id love it to be all 11 positions, but if it can't then I can accept it more on the flanks.

Goldson was the only experienced CH, and even he isn't the most experienced himself. Edmundson is being coached by him.

You're advocating one CH nurturing 3 others, 2 of whom I'm not even sure CH is their natural position and where they've no experience at all professionally let alone at this level. You'd be happy to run with that, I see it as potentially ruinous to our season if something happened to Edmundson or worse Goldson.

Edmundson and Bassey versus the scum, sheep, or in Europe. Holy fuck please no.

Why is the spine most important in a system that focuses on the fullbacks doing a lot of the work? 

We keep going on about the worse that could happen if a defender gets crocked, meanwhile we just watched defoe go off injured in a game leaving us with one striker who may or may not be arsed being here

You say edmunson and bassey versus the scum, sheep and in Europe is bad, what about patterson, barker and stewart playing these 3 teams if tav, hagi and our strikers arent available 

Its all ifs and buts, we don't even play the tarriers till october, helander might be flying fit by then, but the fact is we are a week away from the season starting with pretty much the same forward thinking players that struggled to score for 2 months post winter break 

4 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Only when it suits, last season we were happy to throw inexperienced 18yo's into battles, this season we cant trust a 22yo centre half thats played about 100 career games so far 

People wanted Patterson played because we hear all the time he’s up there with the best in the academy and is very good, we also had Flanagan who was beyond pish and  Polster who the manager didn’t want to keep by all accounts until he played a decent 45 against the worst team in the league.

Edmundson was pish away to Hamilton and cost us a goal, and less said about Leverkusen the better, although he was great away to Braga.

25 minutes ago, Ted E Bayer said:

Football Stewart said he’s the opposite from Katic on Twitter. Does anyone know what he meant by that?

He’s good?

5 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Bassey can cover there as well, in emergencies, and while it may not be enough, we had way more important positions to deal with, we didnt fall 13 behind the tarriers post new year due to the defence (although they madr a few blunders) 

What about right back then, you happy having a raw untested youngster as the only cover for our starting right back? 

On what basis do you know bassey can cover there?hes a our cover for left back and should stay that way.

No let’s not sign a experienced defender because  our back up left bassey can play there..aye good one.

yeah I have tbh because we all know it will only be a few games because I can count on one hand how many games tav has missed in 5 years.

4 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Only when it suits, last season we were happy to throw inexperienced 18yo's into battles, this season we cant trust a 22yo centre half thats played about 100 career games so far 

Maybe people’s opinions on that has changed because last season absolutely fell off a cliff and this season is considered the most important one we’ve had for many a year so people want us to play better and more experienced players whenever possible. That’s certainly been what I’ve seen the majority of people saying all summer anyway.

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

People wanted Patterson played because we hear all the time he’s up there with the best in the academy and is very good, we also had Flanagan who was beyond pish and  Polster who the manager didn’t want to keep by all accounts until he played a decent 45 against the worst team in the league.

Edmundson was pish away to Hamilton and cost us a goal, and less said about Leverkusen the better, although he was great away to Braga.

He’s good?

So people wanted an academy player thrown into one of the hardest away grounds we go to, a ground we were honking at earlier in the season, but we dont trust a 22yo who played a lot of his career in league one down south

Edmunson was pish away to Hamilton, i can pick way more than one game that goldson and tav should have been lined up and shot after for their performances, why dont we replace them as well

1 minute ago, Laudrup1690 said:

On what basis do you know bassey can cover there?hes a our cover for left back and should stay that way.

No let’s not sign a experienced defender because  our back up left bassey can play there..aye good one.

yeah I have tbh because we all know it will only be a few games because I can count on one hand how many games tav has missed in 5 years.

Tav missing they few games was the start of our collapse, same as morelos missing, we dont have decent cover for them yet

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

Maybe people’s opinions on that has changed because last season absolutely fell off a cliff and this season is considered the most important one we’ve had for many a year so people want us to play better and more experienced players whenever possible. That’s certainly been what I’ve seen the majority of people saying all summer anyway.

Yet the season will start with what looks like the exact same front 3 and midfield 3 that absolutely shat the bed post winter break 

Archived