***The Official Aberdeen v Rangers Match Thread***

3 hours ago, SkylineBlue said:

If I was half as bad at my job than Doncaster is at his, I'd get canned. Anyway, I'm going for 0-0. This is the most pessimistic I've ever been going into a season for a few years.

if you were that pessimistic mate, you'd be predicting a loss, not a draw! 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Hagi upfront for me. 

Not popular, but I'd happily bring Arfield in to play alongside Kent supporting. 

Rest of the team probably picks itself due to injuries.

Hagi centrally for me too.

Kent, Hagi, Barker

Setup the line of engagement lower and hit them on the break. 

Just now, esquire8 said:

Hagi centrally for me too.

Kent, Hagi, Barker

Setup the line of engagement lower and hit them on the break. 

Fuck having Barker play in a game like that. If it comes to it even move Aribo further foward and bring Davis in with Jack and Kamara or something.

Barker will be a passenger. 

3 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Fuck having Barker play in a game like that. If it comes to it even move Aribo further foward and bring Davis in with Jack and Kamara or something.

Barker will be a passenger. 

Fuck having Davis play any part of this season. Barker looked good in the pre season matches.

Just now, esquire8 said:

Fuck having Davis play any part of this season. Barker looked good in the pre season matches.

Pre-season games matter not a jot. The pressure is off. Barjonas looked good away to Nice. He wouldn't be near the team either.

I don't think it's ideal having Davis in there. He's almost finished. But if it's a choice between him and Barker, and it's not a great choice - there's still only one winner there.

2 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

I agree. Gerrard won't risk dropping points and indeed his job. 

Nobody has bought him yet, still our player and he should go out and do the job he is paid handsomely to do. 

yeah but it's not as simple as that. You need to decide if he's in the right frame of mine (he's decided he wants away) and if we need to sell him to get funds to reinvest to improve the team, then we can't risk injury either. 

He's as good as gone. I think we move on and forget about him now. We should still (in theory) have enough to see off Aberdeen if we get the front 3 blend right and drill it into them what needs done. It's not ideal though.

7 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

I agree. Gerrard won't risk dropping points and indeed his job. 

Nobody has bought him yet, still our player and he should go out and do the job he is paid handsomely to do. 

He risked not playing Morelos in a SC quarter final and it ended in disaster. 

Head melting decision. 

Archived