***The Official Aberdeen v Rangers Match Thread***

Would love us to put a marker down and beat these bastards 5-0.  Put them in their place and show that either with or without Morelos, we are a force to be reckoned with.

However, I’d also take a 1-0 last minute og as long as we get the 3 points!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone know anywhere decent that will be showing this either in town, PRW or Partick that won't require an advance booking?

Looking for somewhere decent that my auld yin, brother and I can go last minute if we all get the time off work. 

5 hours ago, slimjim1690 said:

Interesting that Halliday commented that Stewart is the best natural finisher in the club in practice on that interview on open goal.

See if he was played behind the striker he'd probably have made a bit of a better showing of himself.

Just now, GabrielTomato said:

See if he was played behind the striker he'd probably have made a bit of a better showing of himself.

Was always wanting him to get more game time but the cup game at tynecastle changed that. Looked like a pub league player.

Really tough start but you knew it was coming.

Not loving the speculation around Morelos or Barisic either in the build up.  On the basis of nobody in or out before Saturday then the team picks itself:

Mcgregor

Tav, Goldson, Edmundson, Barisic

Jack, Kamara, Aribo 

Hagi, Morelos, Kent 

Be good to see how Barker does and if he can be as positive in league games.

11 hours ago, WizardWalters said:

Really tough start but you knew it was coming.

Not loving the speculation around Morelos or Barisic either in the build up.  On the basis of nobody in or out before Saturday then the team picks itself:

Mcgregor

Tav, Goldson, Edmundson, Barisic

Jack, Kamara, Aribo 

Hagi, Morelos, Kent 

Be good to see how Barker does and if he can be as positive in league games.

There's speculation about Barisic?

14 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

From Crystal Palace apparently, read yesterday that we're expecting a bid 

Don’t want to lose our best players, but the model is buy low and sell high. 

Between Morelos and Barasic we could be looking at £30m+ profit if the board do a good job. 

Onus is on the recruitment team to replace them - which is where the worry starts... 

4 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Don’t want to lose our best players, but the model is buy low and sell high. 

Between Morelos and Barasic we could be looking at £30m+ profit if the board do a good job. 

Onus is on the recruitment team to replace them - which is where the worry starts... 

Aye 100% agree, really dont want to lose Borna but if there is a 15 million bid on the table then we're silly to reject it

As you said though the worry is us being able to identify a replacement, our signings are more miss than hit these days so wouldn't have confidence that we would bring someone in

And with the season starting in a few days it would be horrible to lose Barisic/Morelos in the same week

39 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

I don't pay much attention to other clubs but I don't recall sheep having a pre season. 

Fitness wise I would imagine that we are well ahead of them never mind having better players. Any win will do but we may just hammer them.

Sure I read that St Jonhstone beat them last week in a bounce game

Archived