Has kneeling stopped?

Barasa

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

Tbh I really don't care if they take the knee or not. Personally I think it was a good message to start off with but should've stopped by now, however I'm not going to let it bother me that our black players continue to do it. My main focus and nerves are usually on the game. 

I think if they had done it for a max of 3 games it would not have bothered me either, but I would never do it myself.

It is long past it's sell by date IMO and only continues because no one wants to be the ones to stop it first and most if all no fans in the grounds.  

52 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Especially when a British policeman was murdered in his police station and no one seems to care, that was the final straw for me, although I have never agreed with it. 

This. I have never been racist and I feel for those who have suffered from racism. It’s deplorable. However I am now labelled as racist for having the audacity of being white. This has gone on so long it has IMO made people more racist and that’s the tragedy of this. The point was made but the likes of Lewis Hamilton are taking it too far. Not one mention of the policeman murdered or the many other people murdered in a daily basis. It has to stop.

3 minutes ago, jintybear said:

This. I have never been racist and I feel for those who have suffered from racism. It’s deplorable. However I am now labelled as racist for having the audacity of being white. This has gone on so long it has IMO made people more racist and that’s the tragedy of this. The point was made but the likes of Lewis Hamilton are taking it too far. Not one mention of the policeman murdered or the many other people murdered in a daily basis. It has to stop.

Fantastic post Jinty, and one I agree with 100%. 👏 👏

1 hour ago, ayrshireranger said:

Les Ferdinand made that very point last week. 

I honestly think at times things like this creates problems as they raise issues that most people don't really give a fuck about as most just want to have a happy life not giving a toss about what colour people are.

22 minutes ago, Smile said:

I honestly think at times things like this creates problems as they raise issues that most people don't really give a fuck about as most just want to have a happy life not giving a toss about what colour people are.

This for sure, we have Muslim and Sikh neighbours and we get on great with both families and have been to the wedding of the eldest daughter of the Muslim family.

It is forgot that this was started by BLM being ready to come onto the streets of Britain in an instant, but had nothing to do with Britain. I could never support what BLM stands for.  

9 hours ago, Smile said:

It was an idea maybe for a one off no idea why it's carried on so long it's like people have to do it to please others rather than it symbolising anything now.

People don't want to be deemed as racist by saying that's enough now.

Even the idea of ‘taking a knee’ is ridiculous. Even if you agree that there’s systemic racism, which in itself is debatable (or completely not true), the idea of ‘kneeling’ to bring attention to it is completely bonkers, especially if it becomes the new norm.

Then the message is forgotten about all together. 

It’s getting to the stage now too that even when criminals are RIGHTFULLY killed who happen to be black, there are mass protests. Fucking bonkers.

Not sure why this is so offensive to some. If you don't like it, blink and it's over. It's no big deal but I will support the right of all the black players in our team if that is their choice.

For the record, if it happens, it happens and if not I'm equally fine. 

But ten seconds of kneeling does not ruin my match day. However, it appears to anger some.

Archived