45 minutes ago, Number5 said:

I'm hopeful that the board have structured all deals over the coarse of a few years. 9m spread over 2/3 years with the knowledge that there's a decent chance you get 10-20m on a prize assest in that timeframe.

I think we probably HAVE to sell a big hitter next season dependant on how much we plan to spend in the next 2 week's, but maybe this season we're fine?

Wishful thinking maybe?

Hopefully we qualify for the champions league and don’t have to sell anyone 

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Couldn’t give a fuck in all honesty. Rather he goes to the highest bidder.

How most people see Morelos: How @berkshirebear sees Morelos:

As much as I loved the wee guy there was plenty of times I could have wrung his fucking neck, parkheid when he dived instead of just shooting and got sent off etc, I honestly think this is the right t

Posted Images

58 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

Did we no make a healthy lump of the folding stuff from the Europa league the last couple of seasons let alone anything else .

Dont see much to worry about unless someone has had their fingers where they shouldnt have been.

We’ve been posting £10m+ losses per annum for years. The fingers have thankfully been putting money in to cover that.

CONFIRMED: By the Colombian of #Rangers Alfredo Morelos (24) there is an offer from #Lille by 20M € and it has not been rejected. Also, #Fiorentina and #WestBrom They have made their interest in the striker official, and are closely monitoring his situation.

2 minutes ago, MattyBlue said:

CONFIRMED: By the Colombian of #Rangers Alfredo Morelos (24) there is an offer from #Lille by 20M € and it has not been rejected. Also, #Fiorentina and #WestBrom They have made their interest in the striker official, and are closely monitoring his situation.

Cheers mate for taking away the last we glimmer of hope we had about stopping they cunts. Great timing matty 

30 minutes ago, MattyBlue said:

Not getting at you, but how many confirmed bids is that now? Filing under 'mischief making pish' for the meantime. 

BridgeIsBlue, Siam69 and MattyBlue like this

My opinion hasn't changed regarding Morelos, it's time for us to part company and reinvest the money in the squad.

I said at the time we needed another striker if we signed Roofe & Itten, and that hasn't changed.

When you look at the first team, we're not that stronger than we were last season. Why do people automatically assume things will be different this year then?

Keeping morelos does not = winning the league

That's been proven.

It will be difficult to part with Morelos but like I've been saying all along I don't think we can invest in the squad enough while keeping him and have a team capable of winning the league.

The best case scenario would be keeping Morelos and investing, but do people really think we can invest enough now to bolster the squad? If so where is all the transfer activity?

Sadly we're in the position we're in and we can't have our cake and eat it as well. 

20m - I'd be shaking their hands

Orange and Blue and BookWorm like this

I would imagine that Alfredo has been told he can leave if a bid of X million is received. So if the story is true then it will be his decision. Club could not go back on it's word as Alfredo would sulk and stop trying.

If we get the 20M then give half to Gerrard and bank the other half. We would definitely need a striker and a midfielder at say 5M each. 

Swally, Nk89 and Bears like this
12 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

I would imagine that Alfredo has been told he can leave if a bid of X million is received. So if the story is true then it will be his decision. Club could not go back on it's word as Alfredo would sulk and stop trying.

If we get the 20M then give half to Gerrard and bank the other half. We would definitely need a striker and a midfielder at say 5M each. 

Where’s the money for wages coming from for 2 x £5million players mate 

5 minutes ago, Nk89 said:

Morelos wage covers 1 of them 

His wages should cover 1 and most of the second. 

There are players out there valued between 3-5m who's max wages should be 20K. Some are earning under 10K at their clubs. There's getting a wage rise then there's overpaying wages. 

BookWorm, born a blue nose and Nk89 like this
2 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

I think that there’s a good chance that Morelos is well worth the money that a team spends on him. But if they weren’t willing to do it a month ago then what has increased his value since then? Certainly not his performances 

Nothing, it’s negotiation tactics 

NorthernLights likes this
13 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

I think that there’s a good chance that Morelos is well worth the money that a team spends on him. But if they weren’t willing to do it a month ago then what has increased his value since then? Certainly not his performances 

He's definitely worth it, arguably more than 20m imo.

Player trading is a big game, there could be a whole host of reasons why a club would wait for a bit until pouncing. 

If an acceptable bid comes in it’ll be interesting to see whether we try and keep him for the rest of any Euro qualifiers or sell him immediately. We’d be losing a huge amount if we don’t qualify (personally I don’t think we’ll qualify this year - just a gut feeling given the amount of injuries we have)

20 hours ago, born a blue nose said:

Cheers mate for taking away the last we glimmer of hope we had about stopping they cunts. Great timing matty 

That's how I'm feeling reading that tbh. A few weeks ago I'd have bit your hand off for that.