*** Erskine Park is "worst-hit care home in Scotland"

govanblue

image.thumb.png.aba994606cd9dffa6629c25c54c4e6a3.png

source: bbc news - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-53502590

Erskine Park Care Home is the "worst-hit care home in Scotland", having lost over 20 residents from a population of about 40ish. 

That's a horrendous statistic, and nothing can change that.

Many of those Erskine Residents featured regularly in our Erskine Fund threads over the years, and we've certainly enjoyed watching them enjoy themselves either at Ibrox, in the Argyle Restaurant, on a paddle steamer, at the pantomime, or even just enjoying some Fish n Chips and a wee dram. 

It's good that their final years were spent in such a fantastic environment as Erskine, and it's great that we were able to add some wee bonuses here and there.

So I'd like to propose a toast to the memory of our absent friends at Erskine, and a toast to the future for our Friends at Erskine, old and new. :cheers:

The RangersMedia Erskine Fund Annual Fundraiser and Membership - Season 2020/21 will be launching soon, and your support will be highly valued, now more than ever. 

01_CL_Night.thumb.jpg.b69946fc323bf4a20d

Whisky_2018_3.thumb.jpg.964e6696e79d7c4a

Erskine_Champions_League_ni.thumb.jpg.0d

Erskine_Park_Ibrox_Seats_Jo.thumb.jpg.a0

This is heartbreaking. These people fought for our country and in return governments have abandoned them over the years and this needs to stop NOW.

RM always produces the goods regards to fundraising and hopefully it gives the residents a bit of happiness. @govanblue and @Zetland do an amazing job and I really appreciate all of their efforts.

To Absent Friends 🍻

On 27/07/2020 at 15:44, govanblue said:

image.thumb.png.aba994606cd9dffa6629c25c54c4e6a3.png

source: bbc news - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-53502590

Erskine Park Care Home is the "worst-hit care home in Scotland", having lost over 20 residents from a population of about 40ish. 

That's a horrendous statistic, and nothing can change that.

Many of those Erskine Residents featured regularly in our Erskine Fund threads over the years, and we've certainly enjoyed watching them enjoy themselves either at Ibrox, in the Argyle Restaurant, on a paddle steamer, at the pantomime, or even just enjoying some Fish n Chips and a wee dram. 

It's good that their final years were spent in such a fantastic environment as Erskine, and it's great that we were able to add some wee bonuses here and there.

So I'd like to propose a toast to the memory of our absent friends at Erskine, and a toast to the future for our Friends at Erskine, old and new. :cheers:

The RangersMedia Erskine Fund Annual Fundraiser and Membership - Season 2020/21 will be launching soon, and your support will be highly valued, now more than ever. 

01_CL_Night.thumb.jpg.b69946fc323bf4a20d

Whisky_2018_3.thumb.jpg.964e6696e79d7c4a

Erskine_Champions_League_ni.thumb.jpg.0d

Erskine_Park_Ibrox_Seats_Jo.thumb.jpg.a0

I saw that article and could not believe my eyes. I first thought that it couldn't be the one you fundraise for , but clearly now there is no doubt about it. Absolute shocker.

1 hour ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

So sad that we have lost so many good men, the figures are high but I suppose it reflects the numbers in the home, it must be the biggest in Scotland.

Sadly not. 

Erskine Park is just a small home which had only 40ish residents, so it's a huge percentage that is now gone.

Erskine Bishopton is the big home, with about 200 Residents,  They were not so badly affected as Erskine park,  losing just a few Residents.

12 minutes ago, govanblue said:

Sadly not. 

Erskine Park is just a small home which had only 40ish residents, so it's a huge percentage that is now gone.

Erskine Bishopton is the big home, with about 200 Residents,  They were not so badly affected as Erskine park,  losing just a few Residents.

Its a national scandal. It would be corporate manslaughter if a company took the decisions taken by the SNP government.

And I don't necessarily mean the Erskine Park, I'm just generalising re what I believe is a national scandal. Entirely outwith the control of so many care homes, patients, and families.

Anyways.  Let me know when I can chuck in a little more towards this fantastic cause.

9 hours ago, govanblue said:

Sadly not. 

Cheers, didn’t realise they were two different homes.

Even one loss is one too many for us because Fund Members and others on this Forum have such high regard for our Veterans. Of course we need to remember those we have lost to this dreadful virus but at the same time do everything we can for those who are still with us.

I think the Erskine Homes hold a very special place in our hearts and we want only the best for those who have given so much for us. It’s always an honour to support Erskine and the very special folks who have made it their home.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry this is late.

Having worked both homes, this saddens me deeply. 

20 out of 40 residents is disgracefully high. The government did a terrible job protecting our residents and staff on a whole.

Having to beg the government for testing and PPE has been a disastrous nightmare which is still ongoing even today. 

Even for Community Home Care, but that's another story entirely. 

RIP Absent Friends:( 

Archived