How many points will it take?

MacBoyd

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

They haven't been bottle merchants domestically in years, it's been us

They have had no real challenge, as we have failed to keep the pressure on them.  Who exactly has tested their bottle?

16 hours ago, MacBoyd said:

celtic whether we like it or not clearly are a very consistent side against the dross

Got to agree here , they do appear to " consistently " get penalties when they are in danger of dropping points against  the lesser sides.

Spot on there 

18 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Haven't we only won 5 games in a row in the league once under Gerrard? 

Don't think it's a question of points on the board it should be how consistent can this team be to sustain a challenge? 

We won 6 on the bounce between April and May 2019. League was long gone when the run started though.

52 minutes ago, gogzy said:

They have had no real challenge, as we have failed to keep the pressure on them.  Who exactly has tested their bottle?

Yes and the reason this has happened is because our bottle has already smashed itself to fuck in January

27 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Yes and the reason this has happened is because our bottle has already smashed itself to fuck in January

I don't think bottle has been our issue,  consistency has.

They have only had even close to a challenge in the last two years.  Only last year do I actually think we had a good enough team to potentially win it. We fucked it both those times.  Neither of those times did we actually keep the pressure on them.  By the time the split came it was pretty much over.

Apart from that, they have faced no domsetic challenge in nearly a decade.

6 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Based on last season's placings as the shutdown happened (before a wee PPG adjustment) the schedule literally couldn't be harder for us. Or easier for the scum. 

A 100% deliberate fix to aid their chances.

?????

14 minutes ago, gogzy said:

I don't think bottle has been our issue,  consistency has.

They have only had even close to a challenge in the last two years.  Only last year do I actually think we had a good enough team to potentially win it. We fucked it both those times.  Neither of those times did we actually keep the pressure on them.  By the time the split came it was pretty much over.

Apart from that, they have faced no domsetic challenge in nearly a decade.

Well thats it we haven't really been knocking on the door or been able to take it to the end of the season like teams who eventually win the league normally do. Sticking with the same team its hard to really see us making the huge jump to champions.

1 hour ago, gogzy said:

I’ll bite.

They were gonny crumble when we played them at Ibrox under Murty, went 1-0 and 2-1 down, down to 10 men, won the game and league due to it and our arses collapsed.

Beat them at Ibrox, again they were gonny crumble, but it was us that shat it, then same story with Rodgers leaving.

Appointed Lennon, league was in the bag for us apparently, even Rangers were tweeting taking the piss, neck and neck at new year after beating them again, who’s arse collapsed then and who continued winning the league? 

12 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

I’ll bite.

They were gonny crumble when we played them at Ibrox under Murty, went 1-0 and 2-1 down, down to 10 men, won the game and league due to it and our arses collapsed.

Beat them at Ibrox, again they were gonny crumble, but it was us that shat it, then same story with Rodgers leaving.

Appointed Lennon, league was in the bag for us apparently, even Rangers were tweeting taking the piss, neck and neck at new year after beating them again, who’s arse collapsed then and who continued winning the league? 

Somebody will be along soon talking about referees and corruption. 

6 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Based on last season's placings as the shutdown happened (before a wee PPG adjustment) the schedule literally couldn't be harder for us. Or easier for the scum. 

A 100% deliberate fix to aid their chances.

4 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

At what part ? I think the fixtures always seem to give us 4 hardest games in a row .
We simply have to win our games though .

Not sure what you mean by "at what part".

The entire schedule until the split is loaded against us. They've not really got a run in the league where they seem to have it tough. Certainly not compared to us.

But thats what us playing last season's top 6 at the point the league stopped each twice away from home whilst the scum only play them all once away.

3 hours ago, gogzy said:

If they haven't had their bottle tested, then saying they don't have one is a bit of reach.. There's literally no credence to your theory. What happened 10 years ago is no longer relevant.

Fact is celtic have developed a bit of a winning mentality by turning draws and defeats into wins(I.e vs Livingston & vs Hamilton). Where as we have had a habit of turning wins into draws or loses... That's the big difference between us right now. We dropped points in 8 games last season, 4 of them we were actually in a winning position.

• Aberdeen: Winning 2-0, Drew 2-2
  • Kilmarnock: Winning 1-0, Lost 2-1 (in the last 12 mins)
  • St Johnstone: Winning 2-1, Drew 2-2 (in the last 10 mins)
  • Hearts: Winning 1-0, Lost 2-1 (in the last 7 minutes)

That's literally 10 points thrown away. We are more than capable of matching and out playing them, however at the same time we are our own worst enemy.

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Not sure what you mean by "at what part".

The entire schedule until the split is loaded against us. They've not really got a run in the league where they seem to have it tough. Certainly not compared to us.

But thats what us playing last season's top 6 at the point the league stopped each twice away from home whilst the scum only play them all once away.

Yes that’s more or less what I was alluding too ..I was only looking for you statistic example .You know how you are good at that Sema 😄

6 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

At what part ? I think the fixtures always seem to give us 4 hardest games in a row .
We simply have to win our games though .

It's not about the number of "hard" games in a row, it's the potential that due to the way the opening 3 rounds of games have been scheduled, we face the possibility of playing Aberdeen and Hibs  3 times away and only once at home during the campaign.  It also then gives the possibility that they have to play Aberdeen and Hibs three times at home and only once away.

1 hour ago, Iakona said:

If they haven't had their bottle tested, then saying they don't have one is a bit of reach.. There's literally no credence to your theory. What happened 10 years ago is no longer relevant.

Fact is celtic have developed a bit of a winning mentality by turning draws and defeats into wins(I.e vs Livingston & vs Hamilton). Where as we have had a habit of turning wins into draws or loses... That's the big difference between us right now. We dropped points in 8 games last season, 4 of them we were actually in a winning position.

• Aberdeen: Winning 2-0, Drew 2-2
  • Kilmarnock: Winning 1-0, Lost 2-1 (in the last 12 mins)
  • St Johnstone: Winning 2-1, Drew 2-2 (in the last 10 mins)
  • Hearts: Winning 1-0, Lost 2-1 (in the last 7 minutes)

That's literally 10 points thrown away. We are more than capable of matching and out playing them, however at the same time we are our own worst enemy.

Squad full of losers mentality with a captain who only knows the feeling of loss. Need to win the league cup as a bigger priority to Europe.

As many have said here, will need to be racking up 87-90+ points over the 38 games. Sadly I’m just not convinced we have it in us especially against the low block 34 out of 38 games.

7 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

You are close but he has it by a nose . A blue one :lol:

Nope. 

He's the man when it comes to stats, knowledge of players, teams, etc in different leagues, previous results etc.

Not my bag, I tend to just quickly Google the stuff I post about. And make fuck ups like posting pictures of Alfie at an airport....years ago 😂

Archived