375 members have voted

1. 1. Should he play?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Will he play?

• Yes
    • No

If Morelos leaves we can kiss goodbye to the title 

we will not replace his goal tally with anyone anytime soon. it’s taken us this long to find something close to our last 30 goal striker 10 years ago, my fear is we will burn through a bunch of has beens and “wonder kids” before finding another gem   

i hope I’m wrong  

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

we will not replace his goal tally with anyone anytime soon. it’s taken us this long to find something close to our last 30 goal striker 10 years ago, my fear is we will burn through a bunch of has beens and “wonder kids” before finding another gem   

i hope I’m wrong  

How many league goals did he score last season? A massive 12.

4 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

i hope I’m wrong  

If we replace him with a 20+ goal striker and if we can get kent , hagi and aribo into double figures then I think it puts us in a great position for the league ,  I understand that's some big ifs right enough 

Suppose we can’t really answer these questions without knowing what’s actaully went on, which we don’t.

I do however have a genuine worry Alfredo is getting bad advice on how to force a move. His condition, attitude and performances in January caused concern. We now have him doing interviews talking up other leagues this week the day after the speculation was rife. I could be being totally unfair but it’s bothering me. 

A tough call 

i have been a massive morelos fan however its time for him to move on. He has shown previously he doesnt perform when his heads been turned so i dont see this time being any different.

What i am really disappointed in is the board and management have left us in the position of going into the first game of the season without a recognised  striker. That is unacceptable. They know exactly what is at stake this year yet we are still looking bare bones at some areas of the park and in others still a ton of dead wood to shift. i get they dont want to rush into signings but they have known for over a year morelos would be moving sooner rather than later.

Should leave it up to him, ask him if he wants to play. Only he’ll know if his heads in the right place.

Can see it from the clubs point of view not giving those cunts one last kicking match on our prized asset but if as he says he’s still going to do his best for Rangers while he’s here then he should play this game 

I think their transfer window and season start is later than ours so this could drag for a bit if Lille want to be dicks (may help a bidding war though) so if we don’t play him then does he not feature until he is sold, so I voted play him.

However, I am not sure the management team are still 💯 behind him so I don’t think he will play 

4 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Why is that?

On the verge of selling him for at least £15m, hopefully closer to £20m. This is a massive amount to us, our last accounts showed revenue of £53m. 

I feel the sum is just too big for us in terms of adding new players, and providing some financial security going into a recession, to risk losing if he gets injured for the sake of 1 or 2 games. He is always a target v Aberdeen but would be even more so with this transfer happening.

49 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

i hope I’m wrong  

I have been saying this for over a year. With the best will in the world, however much we get for Allie we will not be buying a striker guaranteed to get his goal tally in their first season.  However in terms of the OP - I think he should play  - we have very little alternative at this stage, but I don't believe our board will risk jeopardising any sale as a result of him getting injured, so he probably wont. 

Of course he should and he will. 

Morelos has 'wanted away' since he got here, he's been quite open about that.

Equally we've been pretty open about the fact that if the price is right he can go.

I'm not seeing this Lille interest as being any different.

Add  to that we don't have another striker that's fit. 

14 minutes ago, JC10 said:

On the verge of selling him for at least £15m, hopefully closer to £20m. This is a massive amount to us, our last accounts showed revenue of £53m. 

I feel the sum is just too big for us in terms of adding new players, and providing some financial security going into a recession, to risk losing if he gets injured for the sake of 1 or 2 games. He is always a target v Aberdeen but would be even more so with this transfer happening.

Good points but our need for 3 points with a player who is still ours is too big. 

Risks are all part of the game but risking points is the one I don’t like fannying about with 👍

No mention of the risk of him getting sent off which with the sheep is a real possibility, you saw his reaction getting taken off early during the last friendly. He is not in a good place atm, and with all the speculation I think it would be silly to risk playing him.

A 15m fee could become 0m in 90min with an untimely challenge, and the sheep have a history of this.

As a side note, taking his league form in isolation , he must be the most over-rated player we’ve ever had. He does so much for the team though? When at least once he’s called a greedy bastard in every match thread.

Great in Europe, mediocre in the league - especially when speculation is rife.

If he starts and wins us the game I’ll be over the moon to be wrong on this occasion. Given his current form I’m more likely to be right.

Comes down to using your head over your heart, no matter how much you like the wee man.

15 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Good points but our need for 3 points with a player who is still ours is too big. 

Risks are all part of the game but risking points is the one I don’t like fannying about with 👍

Will be risking points every game in the season if he gets injured and we don't have any money to buy new players.

Dont know how the lad is feeling having agreed  terms with Lille  and not got his move yet.

Up to the management team to have a chat and see if Buff is having a sulk, if so should be nowhere near the matchday squad let alone the first XI IMO.

Real tough call as we have only given the only other recognised striker 10 mins and not given any of the development squad strikers a sniff at game time pre-season 

Archived