We need to stop the negativity

I understand peoples worries and they are entitled to feel that way.

I make so many predictions on here and get most wrong because the truth is no matter our situation I'll never watch our team play and in the back of my mind think Rangers will get beat.

Under Gerrard especially I don't think I've predicted that well loose a game since hes came in. Born in 89 I grew up in a decade where Rangers winning trophies just happened

To this day that's stuck with me maybe that's the reason for my over emotional reactions when things don't go well. I'll keep believing it tho.

Rangers win. Starting tomorrow

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With regards to the title of the thread its very hard to not feel negative after the complete and utter shite served up to the fans over the last few years. Add that to the lack of signings and going in to the new season with pretty much the same group of bottlers who fucked the last 2 seasons away after christmas. I'm trying to be positive but unless we bring in another 2 or 3 players who can walk in to the team then i fear 10 in a row. When the going gets tough our team shite themselves and go hiding and the management do the same, literally no tactics at all domestically and thats worrying.

2 minutes ago, JackAlex93 said:

With regards to the title of the thread its very hard to not feel negative after the complete and utter shite served up to the fans over the last few years. Add that to the lack of signings and going in to the new season with pretty much the same group of bottlers who fucked the last 2 seasons away after christmas. I'm trying to be positive but unless we bring in another 2 or 3 players who can walk in to the team then i fear 10 in a row. 

Continuity is what I base my hopes on. The squad is now settled. 

Too much chopping and changing would be a mistake although a new signing or two who would be in the starting XI would not go amiss.

I think we'll win comfortably tomorrow, but you can't blame anyone who thinks they've seen this movie before.

Our starting XI is the same as what finished last season and Aberdeen are a thorn in our side. 

Pre-season form has encouraged me though, but ultimately it counts for nothing. I've seen us have great pre-seasons and shite league campaigns, and shite pre-seasons and win the league.

I think, even though it will be the same XI from last season (maybe minus Morelos) the key is in Hagi, Kent and Aribo having a new found, built up understanding to give us that extra spark in the final third. If they all click the way they should, then Aberdeen in an empty Pittodrie will be the least of our worries. I 100% believe that.

18 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

I think we'll win comfortably tomorrow, but you can't blame anyone who thinks they've seen this movie before.

Our starting XI is the same as what finished last season and Aberdeen are a thorn in our side. 

Pre-season form has encouraged me though, but ultimately it counts for nothing. I've seen us have great pre-seasons and shite league campaigns, and shite pre-seasons and win the league.

I think, even though it will be the same XI from last season (maybe minus Morelos) the key is in Hagi, Kent and Aribo having a new found, built up understanding to give us that extra spark in the final third. If they all click the way they should, then Aberdeen in an empty Pittodrie will be the least of our worries. I 100% believe that.

Agree if Kent, Hagi and Aribo play as they have been recently we'll beat Aberdeen. 

I get the worries about the sqaud but this transfer window is awkward. Being out of sync with most of Europe. 

I think we'll add to this sqaud before the window is out. Hopefully couple of first 11 players to strengthen our hand. 

3 hours ago, EMRFC said:

I can’t see us fucking it up against Aberdeen, maybe if the fans were there, but without fans to spur them on we will truly see how bad a team they are.

No fans will probably help our team.

I don't understand this mentality at all. 

So the team will probably perform better in empty stadiums due to there being no pressure or dogs abuse being thrown at them, what do we then when fans are allowed back in? 

2 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

I don't understand this mentality at all. 

So the team will probably perform better in empty stadiums due to there being no pressure or dogs abuse being thrown at them, what do we then when fans are allowed back in? 

Maybe and we go to the games. Just saying there’s a possibility they play better without that added pressure, while weaker teams play worse due to not having their fans to back them.

I'm actually looking forward to the season . 

Beat the sheep tomorrow , and I think we will , we have a good run of games till we're up against two hard , but winnable away games in September , by which time we should have built up momentum . After that it's another good run till January . 

Lets Go . 

21 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Along with what @ForeverAndEver said I think the negativity is completely understandable given how fucking awful we had turned just before football was stopped 

The team is virtually the same since then except we now don't have a clue who plays up top for us on Saturday. 

It's up to the players to get themselves geared up for games, all we can do is comment on previous performances in the league.

We do it will be Alfie up front 

7 hours ago, Willis said:

The fact folk are saying that they don't care if they win 10iar shows how far we've fallen as a club and fanbase

Seen shite like this on twitter (of course)

It's excuses and no real Rangers fan doesn’t care if they do it. 

Winning the league this season would be one of our sweetest ever titles. 

This is all scum fc wanks have cared about for years 10. They have had every advantage given to them during this run and them falling flat on their face at the final hurdle would be karma. 

It's now up to gerrard and his squad to deliver. 

I feel good about the squad in general. I didn’t want us to sign too many new players.  I reckon we have a good squad and with 2 more key signings (if Morelos stays) we can do it. 

A quality midfielder and a top striker will do me. With a bit of luck with injuries and a bit of “LUCK” with refereeing decisions and we’ll do this. 

Lets start by smashing these sheep shaggin bastardised horrible cunts tomorrow.

I FUCKEN HATE THEM , CANT STAND THEM 

mon the bears 

Its all down to how the team perform. In the first half of last season there was positivity everywhere as we were playing very well,  in the second half it was sheer negativity and rightly so we were awful.  Its up to Gerrard and the team to dictate the mood of the fans. Its not so much 'Lets go' its more a case of 'Lets see'.  

Last season was the chance to take the pressure off - we fucked up. This season we have nowhere to hide from the 10 pressure.  The background of the virus restrictions and the 10 make this a season like no other.

Club knocked the heart out me , the friendlies coaxed me back round , clubs knocked the heart oot me again , hopefully I’ll snap oot it 12:30 the morra it’s not the players fault , continuously getting kicks to the tadger from the club has ground me down though 

22 hours ago, jamess said:

Last season was the chance to take the pressure off - we fucked up. This season we have nowhere to hide from the 10 pressure.  The background of the virus restrictions and the 10 make this a season like no other.

And... it's why when Gerrard lifts 55 to the full capacity Ibrox next year it'll be the sweetest in generations. 

Archived