World Snooker championships 2020

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Stephen hendry coming out of retirement for 2 years 

I was reading this last  night. He retired far too early in my opinion.

Would be great to see him being competitive.

Perhaps he wants to try and win another world title to stop O'Sullivan catching him.

58 minutes ago, WizardWalters said:

I was reading this last  night. He retired far too early in my opinion.

Would be great to see him being competitive.

Perhaps he wants to try and win another world title to stop O'Sullivan catching him.

Could swing either way. Imagine he couldn’t get by the qualifiers 😞

On 03/09/2020 at 12:21, tm91 said:

The problem was that he developed the yips wasn't it? I wonder if he feels he's found a way to get past that.

He was on talksport yday and he looks to have found a way to get over the yips 

He hadn’t been striking the ball properly and now with coaching he thinks he has overcome this .

He also said that getting back to the practise table regular is a must ,he won’t be doing the 6 hrs a day that he constantly did at his peak but it should be enough to find some of his form again 

I don’t see him winning another world title or any other big tournament,but there’s no reason why he can’t be back competing and getting the odd big win against some of the top guys .he has something that no other player had and that was drive and focus ,he must be driven enough to make at least some form of comeback .

The current format with a lot of matches being the best of 7 will suit Hendry if he’s on a good day. A couple of 60 breaks and a couple of scrappy frames can seal a win.

He won’t be competitive against any of the top players over the longer matches.

Was there not something about Henry’s lucky cue he had used to win the 7 world championships was broken in transit to a competition and his arse collapsed like Samson when he had a trip to the barbers? 

Would be a big ask to come back psychologically from such a dramatic decline but stranger things have happened.

Archived