Bayer 04 Leverkusen VS Rangers - Match Thread

Can't help but think helander and a few others will get game time and this may be used as a game to get players fit. 

I'd like to see us have a go and see what happens but when I saw helander warming up yesterday I couldn't help but think he will start ahead of edmundson on Thursday night. Also Gerrard saying in his press conference about Davis being ready for Thursday i couldn't help think he plans on using him then as well. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Early goal and who knows?

20 hours ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Not yet, hope so tho different class, looks effortless for a player as young, reminds me of a young Thomas Muller, don’t think he fulfilled his potential though as mad as that sounds, seemed to peak around 24/25

Was at a few Bayern games and the guy is class and the fans love him. He has been coming on to his game more after a dip by his standards. To suggest he has not fulfilled his potential is nuts. 😆

20 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

Can't help but think helander and a few others will get game time and this may be used as a game to get players fit. 

I'd like to see us have a go and see what happens but when I saw helander warming up yesterday I couldn't help but think he will start ahead of edmundson on Thursday night. Also Gerrard saying in his press conference about Davis being ready for Thursday i couldn't help think he plans on using him then as well. 

Our problem for Thursdays game is that we have to play the players that were registered for that round, which is actually a long time ago. Dont even know if Helander is registered as he got badly injured round about that time.

13 minutes ago, badjon said:

Early goal and who knows?

Was at a few Bayern games and the guy is class and the fans love him. He has been coming on to his game more after a dip by his standards. To suggest he has not fulfilled his potential is nuts. 😆

I know it sounds mental given what he’s done in the game 😂 just thought when he broke through he was going to reach Ronaldo and Messi levels and he hasn’t quite done that. 

16 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Our problem for Thursdays game is that we have to play the players that were registered for that round, which is actually a long time ago. Dont even know if Helander is registered as he got badly injured round about that time.

I knew that about the players registered and apart from balagun and bassey I thought that was the only 2 not available. After looking at the squad it appears mclaughlin and Murphy won't be available either. Good point about helander didn't really think about that. 

Do we use this game to give squad players some game time or go with yesterday's starting eleven. Looking at yesterday's bench Arfield and McLaughlin apart it looked poor.  For me the league is the priority this year and unless we bring in some real quality the squad looks thin on the ground of players who can effect a game from the bench, using the same players game after game is eventually going to lead to loss of form, lack of competition and injury.

I would consider starting with the likes of Barker, Murphy and Stewart as a last chance opportunity for these guys to prove they can compete for a starting place. If not surely most of them have to shipped out.

By some miracle we do win this .I honestly think we would be putting massive pressure on ourselves to win the league and compete further in this season European adventure .We simply don’t have the resources .And it was brought home to me today watching the scum .

I hard to say this but it would be better if we just focusing on our league games .Yes I know the club won’t and certainly not our board .Who will be counting all the pennies 

25 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

By some miracle we do win this .I honestly think we would be putting massive pressure on ourselves to win the league and compete further in this season European adventure .We simply don’t have the resources .And it was brought home to me today watching the scum .

I hard to say this but it would be better if we just focusing on our league games .Yes I know the club won’t and certainly not our board .Who will be counting all the pennies 

eejay ffs man, you actually watched those cunts, wtf!!

Just now, Teamgers said:

EEjay ffs man, you actually watched thse cunts, wtf!!

I’ve got a free box .Why not .I wanted to see the competition and Collums performance .If I’m going to comment on these things .I have to watch on occasions

And I hate BBC 

27 minutes ago, Steelydan1690 said:

What's this m8?

Some people insisted they wouldn't be watching us anymore except in European competition and I'm just pointing out this game on Thursday is them finally getting to watch us again

They'd have missed yesterday's game obviously

52 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

I’ve got a free box .Why not .I wanted to see the competition and Collums performance .If I’m going to comment on these things .I have to watch on occasions

And I hate BBC 

Showing your true colours Timmy.  Exposed!

Last chance to experiment with some fringe players in competitive game and give some players coming back some match sharpness. Not expecting miracles, juts hope we don't lose, can be proud of our performance and keep the momentum going. Clean sheet and a goal or two would be great! 

11 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Some people insisted they wouldn't be watching us anymore except in European competition and I'm just pointing out this game on Thursday is them finally getting to watch us again

They'd have missed yesterday's game obviously

We were playing aberdeen in europe on Saturday m8 

Archived