Bayer 04 Leverkusen VS Rangers - Match Thread

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, British_Empire said:

Arfield can still do a job for us mate. 

He still has some zip, energy and creativity about him - when used right.

Only when comparing to the geriatric Davis. A half decent midfielder will show up them 2 together.

For me, only Helander and Barisic could go and play in Germany at a decent level so we're never going to compete with a team at their level. No disgrace in going out to them at all. 

Good to see some mins for fringe players as they just HAVE to be on it come Sunday, no mistakes can happen. 

1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

Seen someone on here earlier saying we were expected to start a B team and I don’t think he was far wrong in some respects. 

honestly don’t think gerrard had any thoughts about going through tonight, I feel more like he wanted it ended with minimal goals against us to start fresh. 

I know what youre saying, but I just dont think he has that in him.. He knew they would be keeping the ball and wanted Kent and Barker to run at them when we got it... Morelos to keep it etc.. We just rarely had the chance to break. They were very, very good defensively. Morelos couldnt keep the ball when he got it - was outmuscled and couldnt find a teammate when he did.. It was a very big ask and we were just beaten by a much better team.

Gerrard treated it like a pre season friendly even standing there n training gear instead of his suit. 

Im not to bothered couple new additions to the squad to come in on Sunday hopefully changes the dynamics of the team.

Think wee Alfredo’s finished here now, a few others should be following him out the door.  I also think this will happen.

They are a different level to us. Brings an end to great European campaign. 

I definitely feel we need to strengthen our midfield. We need a lot more energy and creativity in there.  Hopefully wilson and gerrard have something in the works. 

Onto Sunday and more important matters. 

390 odd days in Europe, got to be a record.

Put out by a far better team who's about to sell one of their better players for about 90m. Absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. A great run that probably ends at the best time to focus on the league (until it all starts again!)

2 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Arfield can still do a job for us mate. 

He still has some zip, energy and creativity about him - when used right.

Yea. He is a useful player. I feel that Davis can be as well, but I dont think he was fit tonight, to be honest.

Just now, Moody Blue said:

For me, only Helander and Barisic could go and play in Germany at a decent level so we're never going to compete with a team at their level. No disgrace in going out to them at all. 

Good to see some mins for fringe players as they just HAVE to be on it come Sunday, no mistakes can happen. 

We will put 6 by st mirren. despite us being Pissed off a bit tonight, a bit of perspective is also needed.

5 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

That’s not it for me, I just don’t see any ambition in the team. 

I’ll take shit for this but I do wonder if it’s Morelos that’s causing unease and if so, will we improve when he goes? If we don’t we’re not winning the league. 

It’s possible. During pre season and our 2 competitive games I don’t think Morelos has had a single 1 on 1 with the keeper. 

Whether that’s down to those around him not creating enough or him not making the runs etc is up for debate. 

If he’s here on Sunday and starts it will be interesting to see what his effort looks like against a team he should be sticking a couple past. 

Just now, Tiger Shaw said:

Gerrard treated it like a pre season friendly even standing there n training gear instead of his suit. 

Im not to bothered couple new additions to the squad to come in on Sunday hopefully changes the dynamics of the team.

Think wee Alfredo’s finished here now, a few others should be following him out the door.  I also think this will happen.

sure I read somewhere when he came in that he prefers training gear but as part of his contract he had to wear a suit. Probably given an exception considering the circumstances.

Just now, johanhentze said:

Yea. He is a useful player. I feel that Davis can be as well, but I dont think he was fit tonight, to be honest.

Davis has been finished since January. He can't cut it at this level anymore. Need to sort out a move for him to the MLS or something where he has no cunt pressing him.

Just now, born a blue nose said:

We will put 6 by st mirren. despite us being Pissed off a bit tonight, a bit of perspective is also needed.

their best player is going for 90 million, st mirror would do well to make 90 grand out of their star players. Perspective enough IMO

Just now, johanhentze said:

I know what youre saying, but I just dont think he has that in him.. He knew they would be keeping the ball and wanted Kent and Barker to run at them when we got it... Morelos to keep it etc.. We just rarely had the chance to break. They were very, very good defensively. Morelos couldnt keep the ball when he got it - was outmuscled and couldnt find a teammate when he did.. It was a very big ask and we were just beaten by a much better team.

Agree about the better team part-I thought a draw at best but we just didn’t look to have any fight.

“As a Rangers player, every game is a must win“ - that saying is more about how you perform in the 90 than it is about the result. Our current team do not have that ethos. 

1 minute ago, stevemac said:

sure I read somewhere when he came in that he prefers training gear but as part of his contract he had to wear a suit. Probably given an exception considering the circumstances.

Gerrard can stand on the sidelines wearing a overcoat and high heels for all I care. As long as the team is winning and winning convincingly.

Archived