Bayer 04 Leverkusen VS Rangers - Match Thread

3 hours ago, hammer93 said:

Said that earlier today.....this looks like a case off Morelos agreeing say 30k a week but Lillie valuing him in the 12million bracket.....we want 18million.....so Lille look like they are pursuing other options whilst Morelos now looks a bit silly as it looks like we are planning for life without him....a deal needs to be done sooner rather than later....Itten starts for me on Sunday 

Every game without a goal, especially in a shop window like tonight, brings him nearer their valuation than ours......

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Shuggy said:

Out of Europe in August would normally be anguish, not today.

People have probably qualified for World Cups quicker than it’s taken us to reach this point!

18 minutes ago, HG5 said:

I heard something from a good source which backs your opinion up.

Have you ever been in Redcar ?? its dying from the centre outwards, the pubs are cheaper than Wetherspoons, the kebabs are shit, so some one is shitting you

3 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

No one agrees to “£20 mill and an he can play until it’s official” contract. 

if he was going, he’d have been wrapped in that much cotton wool in a hotel room the last few days that he’d have looked like a candy floss

To be fair.. thats what he looked like on the pitch today.

Gutting to go out, performance was underwhelming so it’s painful,  but when you weigh it up, the odds where against us in this tie, their team is class and it’s been a fucking good campaign we have overachieved, in my opinion anyway.

That Leverkusen team where class, these valuations are from the Transfermarkt site so not even the clubs valuation of the players which is no doubt higher (based on them having Alfredo at 13.5M and us having him at 20M)

Hradecky - 7.2M

L. Bender - 6.3M

S. Bender - 6.3M

Tapsoba - 19.8M

Sinkgraven - 4.3M

Aranguiz - 10.8M

Palacios - 16.2M

Havertz - 72.9M

Wirtz - 9M

Diaby - 28.8M

Volland - 25.2M

£200M worth of starting XI, probably 250+ in the clubs valuation

Can’t deny we expected a better performance from our players on the night but as above it was a good run and what’s done is done, I personally don’t think any fan should walk away from this fixture feeling deflated about what we can achieve domestically this season

6 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

No one agrees to “£20 mill and an he can play until it’s official” contract. 

if he was going, he’d have been wrapped in that much cotton wool in a hotel room the last few days that he’d have looked like a candy floss

Same with Havertz? 

1 hour ago, MattyBlue said:

Gutting to go out, performance was underwhelming so it’s painful,  but when you weigh it up, the odds where against us in this tie, their team is class and it’s been a fucking good campaign we have overachieved, in my opinion anyway.

That Leverkusen team where class, these valuations are from the Transfermarkt site so not even the clubs valuation of the players which is no doubt higher (based on them having Alfredo at 13.5M and us having him at 20M)

Hradecky - 7.2M

L. Bender - 6.3M

S. Bender - 6.3M

Tapsoba - 19.8M

Sinkgraven - 4.3M

Aranguiz - 10.8M

Palacios - 16.2M

Havertz - 72.9M

Wirtz - 9M

Diaby - 28.8M

Volland - 25.2M

£200M worth of starting XI, probably 250+ in the clubs valuation

Can’t deny we expected a better performance from our players on the night but as above it was a good run and what’s done is done, I personally don’t think any fan should walk away from this fixture feeling deflated about what we can achieve domestically this season

Puts it into perspective that we only conceded 1 goal on their turf....compared to when we had them at home....grrrr. 

We were going to be up against it in Germany due to the result at Ibrox but if not for the back four tonight it would have been a lot worse.

Yes we were against a team worth 50 times our squad but we had nothing going forward Jack and Davis were chasing shadows all night.

Morelos might as well have  stayed at home for all the interest he showed, his first touch is abysmal so far 90% of his lay offs or passes went to opposition.

He needs benched until sold.

I think Davis might be out of his depth in Europe now and against some of the better teams in Scotland.

As plenty of others have stated on here we need a good box to box playmaker and now.

Average But competent German team. Some of our boys looked overawed. If they all played like Goldson and big Phil we could have won this tie. The German manager must have been thinking how did this bunch reach last 16. 

11 hours ago, berkshirebear said:

Morelos was shite aswell, but Barker has shown nothing in a Rangers shirt yet. Jones seems to get a lot of hate on here, but I thought he made a difference coming on,  he always seems to make things happen.. 

Jones did make a difference and looked threatening 

Archived